• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Venus has been TEOG'd before it even released

c3ed7b23.gif

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Interscope needs to get it together, first releasing Applause instead of Venus
and then releasing a song with mass appeal as a promo single, mess

not to mention gaga already has a plan for the video and performances lined up
ii59ntmxnCkGG.gif

The Fame Monster is truly Gagallah's last no mess era.

I've accepted that every one of her eras going forth are going to be a complete mess.

ii59ntmxnCkGG.gif

[edit]:
I'm halfway through PRISM and I am enjoying it. Roar is still insufferable. But I think I use Dark Horse now. The beat finally hit me. Slay a bit, La Perra.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Apparently, Kanye West hired a 50-piece orchestra to play Young and Beautiful for his proposal to Kim Kardashian.

BXMEEHuIgAAykLI.jpg:large

Stan.

i8gJmvaELYYiU.gif

Kyon

Banned
The Fame Monster is truly Gagallah's last no mess era.

I've accepted that every one of her eras going forth are going to be a complete mess.

ii59ntmxnCkGG.gif

[edit]:
I'm halfway through PRISM and I am enjoying it. Roar is still insufferable. But I think I use Dark Horse now. The beat finally hit me. Slay a bit, La Perra.

Is your life getting punched out the game by Legendary Lovers?
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
@ladygaga 1m
Don't worry monsters! We are still scheduled to release #Venus this Monday with a snippet on Friday! AND it will STILL have its own video!

However we are overwhelmed by the worldwide response + excitement for DO WHAT U WANT feat. R KELLY & are happy to announce it as 2nd Single!
confirmed
c3ed7b23.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Solange's record label is releasing an R&B compilation or something.

Saint_Records-Saint_Heron-CD-Front1.jpg

Saint Records is proud to announce their debut offering, Saint Heron, to be released November 12 .
The album will serve as the inaugural annual compilation from Saint Records, featuring 12 songs by artists telling their unique stories on one innovative platform to highlight and align a new movement of contemporary, genre-defying R&B visionaries.
The artwork for Saint Heron was conceptualized and created by media artist Rashaad Newsome. A native of New Orleans, Newsome, who has been featured in the Museum of Modern Art and the New Orleans Museum of Art, is celebrated for his ability to render urban life in a formal studio context, his rich textures and his ability to seamlessly integrate Art History, technology and music into his work.
St. Heron will feature new original and unreleased tracks by Kelela, Jhene Aiko, BC Kingdom, Cassie and Solange as well as contributions from Sampha, Jade De La Fluer, Petite Noir, Starchild, Iman Omari, and India Shawn. (X)

the first single: Kelela - Go All Night (iTunes)

3phemeral

I was just thinking today that if the popularity holds up, Do What You Want would be an excellent second single. Edge of Glory is a different beast IMO, since DWUW has more radio appeal. I'm actually kind of happy, even if Venus has the potential to deliver campy space pop

[edit]: Does the explicit version actually say "Fuck"? Because on the version I downloaded via iTunes, it sounds exactly like the fan-made Best Buy cut that was pasted together. Just before the the word is said, there's a slight pause and then a belt, but it's not a clear pronunciation. That's the only part I'd imagine is "explicit." Can't be that explicit if it sounds like the commercial edit. Is the Youtube version explicity or clean?, because it sounds exactly like that.

So um...

PRISM is shitting a bit.

ixBxx0dmq7W8T.gif

The second half loses some steam, but it still has some bops. The first half is pretty much non-stop bops besides the truly terrible Roar. This Is How We Do has grown on me. It's endearing despite its utter corniness.

HELP.

Kyon

Banned
So um...

PRISM is shitting a bit.

ixBxx0dmq7W8T.gif

The second half loses some steam, but it still has some bops. The first half is pretty much non-stop bops besides the truly terrible Roar. This Is How We Do has grown on me. It's endearing despite its utter corniness.

HELP.

I'll help. Let her iN
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

xaosslug

this is all so funny when you think about ha 'I write for the music not for the charts' comment. a sloppy-ass, transparent mess.

anyway, welcome back to the game R. Kelly.

is8tWSZ5w7bZl.gif

this is all so funny when you think about ha 'I write for the music not for the charts' comment. a sloppy-ass, transparent mess.

is8tWSZ5w7bZl.gif

eh I'm going to guess Interscope probably said something, she seemed pretty excited for Venus.

Oh well, lets hope Do What U Want (With My Singles) does well.

xaosslug

Is this where we act surprised?
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

do what u want

is8tWSZ5w7bZl.gif

eh I'm going to guess Interscope probably said something, she seemed pretty excited for Venus.

Oh well, lets hope Do What U Want (With My Singles) does well.

i'm sure they did, but she's been pretty desperate to reach the top of iTunes. I'm not hating on her hustle, but she needs to quit acting like it's all about the 'artpop'.

Did he ever truly leave?

i don't recall him having a song on the top of the charts in forever.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

is8tWSZ5w7bZl.gif

so are you saying she WROTE the song for it to be a chart topper? if thats the case then why did she released it as just a promo single. This is Gaga, everything she writes is a hit in her mind whether they its alienating like Aura or appealing like TEOG but even then she still has to answer to Interscope

Her label controls what singles she releases otherwise we would be with Venus already
shadyriahimb7uwd.gif

Kyon

Banned
i'm sure they did, but she's been pretty desperate to reach the top of iTunes. I'm not hating on her hustle, but she needs to quit acting like it's all about the 'artpop'.

I mean

iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

She still the only bitch directly speaking about rumors of herself

I don't really pay mind to it. It's how she works. But she doesn't write every song to top the charts. At least I'd like to believe she's not that transparent
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

But it wouldn't be lady Gaga if she wasn't starving for attention either. So it's a back and forth with her

xaosslug

so are you saying she WROTE the song for it to be a chart topper? if thats the case then why did she released it as just a promo single. This is Gaga, everything she writes is a hit in her mind whether they its alienating like Aura or appealing like TEOG but even then she still has to answer to Interscope

Her label controls what singles she releases otherwise we would be with Venus already
shadyriahimb7uwd.gif

I mean

iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

I don't really pay mind to it. It's how she works. But she doesn't write every song to top the charts.

i have no idea what you are on about, sis

is8tWSZ5w7bZl.gif

I mean

iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

I don't really pay mind to it. It's how she works. But she doesn't write every song to top the charts. At least I'd like to believe she's not that transparent
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

But it wouldn't be lady Gaga if she wasn't starving for attention either. So it's a back and forth with her

Ding ding ding

Kyon

Banned
Choose Your Battles is taking me there.

ibEmeFWyIwSIJ.gif

Why you tryin to make me your enemy,

all you really need is a little peace,

I just wanna be your looooooooooooover,

oh this is not a competition,
so baby we're the ammunition,

I don't wanna be the last one staaaaaaaanding

ibEmeFWyIwSIJ.gif

ibEmeFWyIwSIJ.gif

waiT. I just caught up on that Polygon thread on gaming side.

oprah_laughing.gif

I can't even be mad at the willful ignorance and blatant pompous musical snobbery. It's just that hilarious in the end.

"Pop music is all about image only."

Proceeds to write a dissertation as to why perceived artistry is more important than the music itself. The utter hypocrisy.

But let me not do too much on people who must still be in high school.

Mumei

TBH I honestly haven't given Mariah much listening time. Other than the stuff she has released in my adult life + her more iconic songs like Hero I am not not familiar with her work.

I did buy and listen to her greatest hits album which turned me off a bit since it was kind of boring as a whole, but I have been known to change my mind upon repeat listens. I just haven't motivated myself to do so yet.

Did you like anything on it?

Partition

Banned
Tbh her comment still holds up, she writes music not with the charts in mind. Interscope calls the shots when it comes to the charts.

Unlike Katy for example, who doesn't even sit in the same room with her producers, and is pressured by her label to make drivel like Roar.

When Gaga's music charts well, it is just icing on the cake for her. If Katy fails to chart, it is quite a different story.

Yado

Tbh her comment still holds up, she writes music not with the charts in mind. Interscope calls the shots when it comes to the charts.

Unlike Katy for example, who doesn't even sit in the same room with her producers, and is pressured by her label to make drivel like Roar.

When Gaga's music charts well, it is just icing on the cake for her. If Katy fails to chart, it is quite a different story.

How is it a different story for Katy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom