• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

Because her music is made solely for the charts. She exists for the charts. I'll give her credit that she attempted to back off that with Prism, but it certainly didn't make her album any better.

I don't think Gaga is any less thirsty for chart success than Katy is. Gaga's way may be less successful but I have no doubts in my mind that Gaga writes her songs with the intention that they're going to be hits.

Artemisia

Banned
zPnmy81.png

but is it a single?

Oh.

well I don't care what song is a single so long as we get venus.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'll give her credit that she attempted to back off that with Prism, but it certainly didn't make her album any better.

Too bad nobody agrees with you except other Monsters:

5bIXQ0L.png

RIP that you're resorting to the same 'authenticity' card that the neckbeards in gaming side do as soon as Gaga is trashed on the charts by Perry tho

The scores seem to line up with my opinions. PRISM is definitely her best album.

Of course, I've never listened to One of the Boys, just listened to the singles. But still.

Yado

The scores seem to line up with my opinions. PRISM is definitely her best album.

Of course, I've never listened to One of the Boys, just listened to the singles. But still.

Mannequin remains her best

You're not a maaaaaaaan
You're just a mannequin
I wish you could feel that my love is real
But you're not a maaaaannn

ibng9np6Y05VBy.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Adele has been slaying me over and over
Skyfall is without flaws

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Jake noooooo

Wait what!? Thats jake gyllenhaal!? I thought it was a malnourished nicholas cage

edit; ^^ everybody knows Adele. Quite with your shade, because she destroys all of our faves in just about every category
and she's English

Matt_

Spilt half a tub of ketchup smothered pork chow mein all over my bed sheets. It's 3:30am and frankly it is all too much for me

I cannot comprehend Gaga's shenanigans on top of all of this. Girl needs to sort her shit out and make some concrete decisions. At least release Venus then decide which song gets the better reaction before you preemptively decide which song will be the second single

Artemisia

Banned
Spilt half a tub of ketchup smothered pork chow mein all over my bed sheets. It's 3:30am and frankly it is all too much for me

I cannot comprehend Gaga's shenanigans on top of all of this. Girl needs to sort her shit out and make some concrete decisions. At least release Venus then decide which song gets the better reaction before you preemptively decide which song will be the second single

I think this was the smart choice. The song is being received well; why not act on it and give it a proper push? Just by looking at the Venus lyrics I can tell that this is a better single choice.

Aguila

#ICONIC
There's something or several things about DWUW that remind me of Just Dance. I can't quite put my finger on them. The intro? The feature? The synths? I like this feeling.
ebf69f50.gif

And every time I try to fly, I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby

And every time I see you in my dreams
I see your face
You're haunting me
I guess I need you baby

Take me there, Knee.

bITqg.gif

When will Pink Floyd?

Kyon

Banned
waiiiiiiiTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Gaga is SERVING in that green trench. When was that? BTW era?

Since we have a number of giffers in this thread.

I am making a gif that will have two video layers. One of top of the other. Essentially one will be playing but the other will be playing through the back in certain areas (the placement will shift throughout the gif).

Is there any way to do this while still working with a raw video timeline? ...... or do I have to convert both to gifs first then cut wholes in each individual frame?

Also. I seem to have forgotten the process that goes into having two video playing in the same gif. I have done it before....... but it is escaping me.

3phemeral

Since we have a number of giffers in this thread.

I am making a gif that will have two video layers. One of top of the other. Essentially one will be playing but the other will be playing through the back in certain areas (the placement will shift throughout the gif).

Is there any way to do this while still working with a raw video timeline? ...... or do I have to convert both to gifs first then cut wholes in each individual frame?

Also. I seem to have forgotten the process that goes into having two video playing in the same gif. I have done it before....... but it is escaping me.

Depends on what software you use. If you're using Adobe Premier and want two videos playing simultaneously, you'll have to set up a mask for where you want the background video to show. But it sounds like you want a more complicated setup, which means you'll have to make custom masks for every different shape you want.

You could also go the easier but messy route by converting them both to gifs and then using the lasso tool to selects what areas you want cut out, but that will still be tedious. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, as masking geometric shapes will always be super quick compared to custom ones.

Essentially, you have the same or similar tools at your disposal if you're using Adobe Photoshop/Premier, so it's a matter of what interface you prefer and what file formats are best suited for your workflow. I prefer using gifs as videos can gobble up a lot of RAM, plus gifs don't have audio (which you can still delete from the video versions anyway), but there's no rendering process involved with gifs (but you can create fancier special effects with Premier)

Depends on what software you use. If you're using Adobe Premier and want two videos playing simultaneously, you'll have to set up a mask for where you want the background video to show. But it sounds like you want a more complicated setup, which means you'll have to make custom masks for every different shape you want.

You could also go the easier but messy route by converting them both to gifs and then using the lasso tool to selects what areas you want cut out, but that will still be tedious. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, as masking geometric shapes will always be super quick compared to custom ones.

Essentially, you have the same or similar tools at your disposal if you're using Adobe Photoshop/Premier, so it's a matter of what interface you prefer and what file formats are best suited for your workflow. I prefer using gifs as videos can gobble up a lot of RAM, plus gifs don't have audio (which you can still delete from the video versions anyway), but there's no rendering process involved with gifs (but you can create fancier special effects with Premier)

I am using photoshop.

I think I will make the areas that I want it to show through stationary to simplify the process. That way I can just save the selection and just cut out the unneeded section of the top video more quickly without having to adjust for every frame.

The main obstacle is then stacking one gif on top of another. Which I cannot remember how to do.

Edit: Let me whip up a template of what I am trying to do.

Edit2:
JzmmIyi.png

White:Front video
Black:Back video
Orange: Top layer text.

Front and back videos will be playing simultaneously.

3phemeral

I am using photoshop.

I think I will make the areas that I want it to show through stationary to simplify the process. That way I can just save the selection and just cut out the unneeded section of the top video more quickly without having to adjust for every frame.

The main obstacle is then stacking on gif on top of another. Which I cannot remember how to do.
You just have to create two layers and have them active for the same frame when in the "Motion" setup (top right-hand side of your window). Once you select the frame you want them both to appear, make sure that each layer you want "active" has an eyeball showing.

After that, it's a matter of placing whatever layer you want on top of the other. Then you just cut out the spot you want so the under layer appears.

The major challenge is if you're doing this per frame. If source 1 has a scene, say, a TV screen you want to show source 2 from underneath, it's fine to cut out the TV screen because the scene placement is stationary (camera doesn't bob up and down changing the TV's position). Even if source 1 has multiple frames (as in, there are elements around the TV screen that are moving, like a spinning dial), provided the camera is stationary and the area you want to cut out never changes position, you an always save your selection (go to Selection > save selection). This way, when you edit the next frame, just load that saved selection and edit as you please.

If source 1 is also moving, you're going to have to cut out every frame manually because the scene is not stationary. It's super difficult and I wish you luck if you plan on doing that. It's especially problematic if the perspective changes because you can't rely on saved selections.

3phemeral

I decided to make both stationary to simplify the process.

Ah, then should be super easy. Just make sure for each frame of the animation, you have two layers showing: the top layer with the section you want cut out, and the bottom layer that shows through the empty slot in the first layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom