• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I can't even with Eminem. What is with his songs sounding like bargain bin karaoke Korean knock-off versions of Kanye's songs? 'The Monster'? 'Rap God'?

I cannot at the original songs on Wrapped in Red being just as good or better than classic Christmas songs.

The Queen of Covers writing new Christmas standards, that's tea.

Touchdown

Banned
2 MONTHS BEFORE CHRISTMAS

I DON'T CARE I LOVE IT

KHRIST THE SAVIOR IS BORN

YAAAAASSS Stan the greatest holiday!!!!

Watch this to get you more in the mood!! You'll get chills!!

iGSz8vk02sa9Q.gif

Mau ®

HDD is predicting 300k for PRISM on it's first week.

Where are our predictions?

EDIT: Nice! I predicted 330k. And I see Arte has it at 300k.

Bladenic

Mau ®;87177817 said:
HDD is predicting 300k for PRISM on it's first week.

Where are our predictions?

EDIT: Nice! I predicted 330k. And I see Arte has it at 300k.

Good to know her album sales remain well below her singles popularity.

It's fun to remember that Lady Gaga's lyrics used to actually be quite good. I was just listening to So Happy I Could Die and realized that the song is actually Stefani talking to her Lady Gaga persona about how much she loves being her. Stefani makes sure she always looks like Lady Gaga to us, but when she takes off the wigs and washes off the makeup, she's just another fangirl.

"I love that lavender blonde
The way she moves
The way she walks
I touch myself can't get enough
And in the silence of the night
Through all the tears
And all the lies
I touch myself and it's alright"

"So happy I could die
Be your best friend
Yeah I'll love you forever
Up in the clouds
We'll be higher than ever"

Such an adorable, surprisingly deep bop. And those synths tbh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's fun to remember that Lady Gaga's lyrics used to actually be quite good. I was just listening to So Happy I Could Die and realized that the song is actually Stefani talking to her Lady Gaga persona about how much she loves being her. Stefani makes sure she always looks like Lady Gaga to us, but when she takes off the wigs and washes off the makeup, she's just another fangirl.

No, she's only improving as a lyricist.

It's not her fault you're too stupid to appreciate that pop was in art and now art is pop culture in me (?).

Mau ®

I personally chuckle everytime I hear the line "I overheard your theory, nostalgia is for geeks".

I don't think it's bad, mind you. I just find it really funny for some reason lol.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;87179698 said:
I personally chuckle everytime I hear the line "I overheard your theory, nostalgia is for geeks".

I don't think it's bad, mind you. I just find it really funny for some reason lol.

I think it's a pretty bad lyric, and it makes me laugh.
Gaga still trounces Perra.

"I went from zero
To my own hero"

Like what

At least it makes sense though. She's saying she found self-confidence (hence 'my own hero').

No, she's only improving as a lyricist.

It's not her fault you're too stupid to appreciate that pop was in art and now art is pop culture in me (?).

That's beaten by "I've overheard your theory. Nostalgia's for geeks. I guess sir if you say so. Some of us just like to read."

I can't even begin to defend it. It's just utterly dumb.

The only thing that really saves Applause's verse for me is the Bowie-esque delivery.

My queen is back in the studio
mx5tjUt.jpg

It's a Christmas miracle.

Omg yaaaaaassssss, Annie. You look so good. Omg yaaaaaaaaaassssssss, Annie you look so beautiful.

Artemisia

Banned

"I love that lavender blonde
The way she moves
The way she walks
I touch myself can't get enough
And in the silence of the night
Through all the tears
And all the lies
I touch myself and it's alright"

"So happy I could die
Be your best friend
Yeah I'll love you forever
Up in the clouds
We'll be higher than ever"

Wait, this is a beautiful reading of the lyrics ;_; I've never quite could put a meaning to them, but now it all makes sense. It really is Gaga's best song, isn't it?

At least it makes sense though. She's saying she found self-confidence (hence 'my own hero').
I find Roar impressive if only for the fact that literally each line is a clichéd expression. I almost imagine Peril researching Google to compile a list of every hackneyed inspirational phrase in existence.

Just look at this shit:

Now I’m floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero

I've left unhighlighted the parts of this excerpt that aren't swiped from an inspirational poster.

Wait, this is a beautiful reading of the lyrics ;_; I've never quite could put a meaning to them, but now it all makes sense. It really is Gaga's best song, isn't it?
I know right? It (Katy Perry handbook) struck me like a flash of lightning. It's such a sweet sentiment that it always makes me want to stan ha self-aware self.

Mau ®

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

Are the best lyrics in a pop song ever. Perra could never match the sheer power of true lyricist Taylor Swift.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Mau ®;87181903 said:
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

Are the best lyrics in a pop song ever. Perra could never match the sheer power of true lyricist Taylor Swift.

they are not the best lyrics, they are just delivered with such raw vulnerability that no other song can compete

I take back my Alejandro comment. Gagallah's best song is Dance in the Dark.

Silicone
Saline
Poison
Inject me baby
I'm a free, bitch
I'm a free, bitch

Fiercest intro of all time. Of all time.

Artemisia

Banned
We are alone, just you and me
Up in your room and our slates are clean
Just twin fire signs
Four blue eyes

So you were never a saint
And I’ve loved in shades of wrong
We learn to live with the pain
Mosaic broken hearts
But this love is brave and wild

tumblr_ml252mhGRm1qedlsro1_250.gif