• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
some people are saying its the backing track from swinefest, thats why the vocals are weakened

Hmm, still slay a bit.

ibvahlxoMMPWK7.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
From 0.15 to 0.45 it sounds a lot like zedd but then the rest of the song is virtually identical to the performance

edit; re listening and there is a lot more zeddesque bits in the song. Maybe it is legit?

xaosslug

Double Rainbow is such a good song. So distinctly Sia. Katy does an adequate job. But man, I really hope Sia's demo version leaks because her vocals would take it to the next level.

i had no idea Sia wrote DR, but the lyric 'one man's trash is another man's treasure' is so interesting, because I wonder how many other artists passed on DR before Katy/her team took it? And watch it become one of Katy/Sia's biggest.

ikEKHiBZhki17.gif

eh, I dig Rih's version of Diamonds better, but I laugh at how by-the-numbers it is compared to how Sia sangs it. smh

and I understand that PopGAF's xtina insecurity/hate is real, but it's sad how y'all blatantly lie and withhold her props just to get in a drag. Mess.

iB4I8crDypoNd.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
i had no idea Sia wrote DR, but the lyric 'one man's trash is another man's treasure' is so interesting, because I wonder how many other artists passed on DR before Katy/her team took it? And watch it become one of Katy/Sia's biggest.

Sia wrote it specifically for Katy.

I thought the other variation of that line was more interesting "one man's trash is another girl's treasure." It sounds like a lesbian reference tbh

xaosslug

Sia wrote it specifically for Katy.

I thought the other variation of that line was more interesting "one man's trash is another girl's treasure." It sounds like a lesbian reference tbh

they say that about all her stuff. Please. I'm pretty sure all the reports said she wrote Blank Page for Christina... LOL The way it usually goes is the song-writer submits a song and the artist changes whatever to personalize the song better, if need be. That's probably what happened in this case. I highly doubt Sia &Katy wrote DR from scratch, literally, together.

anyway, I've always wondered if Sia leaks her demo versions to clock bitches? That would be so hilariously shady. LOL

I just genuinely prefer Sia's version tho.

I won't say Xtina's version was bad. It's pleasant. But I prefer Sia's voice for it tbh.

mmhnn.

iB4I8crDypoNd.gif

Phreaker

I just listened to the iTunes Swine Festival songs again, the legit songs we have off ARTPOP (Applause and Do What U Want), and the Aura (demo), this new Swine thing, and the ARTPOP snippet. This album shits and slays already. Album Of The Year nearly confirmed. She is so back and better than ever.

Hige

What's the rationale for making Do What U Want the 2nd single? It's already dropped to #4 on US iTunes below older songs like Royals/Roar. It seems a bit sexy for radio play (is this a big factor?). I think it's an ok song but it seems misguided to me to make it a single after a day on the charts when fans are buying multiple copies to push it to #1. Do labels make these decisions based off of charts or are there other elements I'm not seeing?

xaosslug

Gaga and ha label thought big things were popping when it exploded on iTunes for half a day... they were prob. like 'omg, something resonated!' lol

Aguila

#ICONIC
they say that about all her stuff. Please. I'm pretty sure all the reports said she wrote Blank Page for Christina... LOL The way it usually goes is the song-writer submits a song and the artist changes whatever to personalize the song better, if need be. That's probably what happened in this case. I highly doubt Sia &Katy wrote DR from scratch, literally, together.

anyway, I've always wondered if Sia leaks her demo versions to clock bitches? That would be so hilariously shady. LOL

Well, that's what Sia herself said on Twitter, that she cowrote it with Katy and that it was Katy's idea to have a song called "Double Rainbow." I don't know why that's hard to believe. Sia is a songwriter; that's her job. (But what you're saying is believable. Maybe Sia already had a song and just changed words for Katy)

I really wonder how Sia's album will sound. I'm perched for ha.

Yado

What's the rationale for making Do What U Want the 2nd single? It's already dropped to #4 on US iTunes below older songs like Royals/Roar. It seems a bit sexy for radio play (is this a big factor?). I think it's an ok song but it seems misguided to me to make it a single after a day on the charts when fans are buying multiple copies to push it to #1. Do labels make these decisions based off of charts or are there other elements I'm not seeing?

It doesn't matter if it flops, Gaga's music is beyond the realm of chart positions. Not like those other girls...

i6XKU6ya6W6Ja.gif

Gaga and ha label thought big things were popping when it exploded on iTunes for half a day... they were prob. like 'omg, something resonated!' lol

the whole thing is an absolute clusterfuck. whats going to happen when Venus hits #1 from all the pre-orders?

"lol forget what I said Venus is the second single again!!" come onnn gaga/interscope get your shit together.

SaintZ

I finally gave in a boughT Do What U Want on iTunes after jammin' to the Youtube audio for a while and lawdhavemercy the iTunes version + earphones... What kind of musical Nirvana... I'm absolutely slain... so LTTP and I wish I had done it sooner.

Newyorkcrying.gif

xaosslug

the whole thing is an absolute clusterfuck. whats going to happen when Venus hits #1 from all the pre-orders?

"lol forget what I said Venus is the second single again!!" come onnn gaga/interscope get your shit together.

i dunno, it seems like they are playing it safe, just in case Venus is a hit, too. I mean aren't we still getting a video for Venus? I think whichever song makes the biggest impact will be dubbed the 'official second single' in the end.

i1BAcmtgFyoDI.gif

Catching the end of this Katy Perry special. She's so corny.

welcome to pop music, sis!

ibwChMnUroCDhV.gif

Katy being corny is like half of her appeal.

Is the other half boobs?

On the subject Katy
Legendary Lovers still slays me.

I never knew I could see something so clearly looking through my third eye
Never knew karma could be so rewarding and bring me to your life
Maybe this is the beginning of something so magical tonight (oh, oh)

Take me down to the river
Underneath the blood orange sun
Say my name like a scripture
Keep my heart beating like a drum

ibc1we5NNg4uGP.gif

royalan

NOT here for more 4-era rehashing:

4WE8eRy.png

AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET SOME DAMN MOISTURE ON THAT DRY-ASS WEAVE.

SO SICK OF WOMEN WITH MONEY WALKING AROUND WITH CRISPY-ASS WEAVES BECAUSE THEY'RE BUSY TRYING TO "FOOL" PEOPLE WITH THEIR HAIR.

JESUS

Yado

NOT here for more 4-era rehashing:

AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET SOME DAMN MOISTURE ON THAT DRY-ASS WEAVE.

SO SICK OF WOMEN WITH MONEY WALKING AROUND WITH CRISPY-ASS WEAVES BECAUSE THEY'RE BUSY TRYING TO "FOOL" PEOPLE WITH THEIR HAIR.

JESUS

!!!
I don't get why she and whoever it is that does her hair purposely want it to look parched.

royalan

!!!
I don't get why she and whoever it is that does her hair purposely want it to look parched.

RIGHT!?

I understand that sometimes Divas on a Budget don't always have the funds to keep their weave game on Max settings.

But this is BEYONCE.

I just DON'T understand why her weave ALWAYS looks like it just walked through the Sahara, on foot, fighting off lions and hyenas the entire way just to reach her scalp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom