• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
i1BAcmtgFyoDI.gif

What is this gif from? I must know. It keeps giving me life. Saoirse Ronan is flawless as per.

1D slaying the worldwide sales chart even when nothing is happening at all as far promo/hype.

quAbNFn.png

Poor gags though. A breakout song on itunes can't even propel her pre-orders.

Edit:

Oh and Liam slaying other things.

qjslfkY.jpg

cory64

NOT here for more 4-era rehashing:

4WE8eRy.png

AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET SOME DAMN MOISTURE ON THAT DRY-ASS WEAVE.

SO SICK OF WOMEN WITH MONEY WALKING AROUND WITH CRISPY-ASS WEAVES BECAUSE THEY'RE BUSY TRYING TO "FOOL" PEOPLE WITH THEIR HAIR.

JESUS

I thought that was Willam at first

ibk7zay771L16w.gif

3phemeral

If you search it on YouTube and change the filter to "Today" you should be able to find some form of it. At least that's how I did.

Stefan™;87258850 said:
I search on twitter for new tumblr links, since the leak gets uploaded every minute or so.

Ah, thanks. It was pulled so quickly I didn't think to check other places. Normally soundcloud links don't get cut so quickly and I figured it'd be posted again. I'll see if I can find it.

xaosslug

Do you have to hate and drag EVERYTHING?

Like I've never honestly seen you say anything positive about anything since you started posting here. Jesus Christ lordT.

i9pNn7NQArDz.gif

you know, that's my bad because the gif can have 2 meanings (due to the look on Saoirse Ronan's face) but I was doing patty-cake with Aura sis in agreement.

Alexander Dreymon... Lawd, indeed.

iXbQNaONo8knI.gif

you must be blind, because I post positive stuff all the time. Just because it's not about ya fave rn, oh well.

Kyon

Banned
I don't give a shit about who likes my faves tho. Only my opinion matters.

I'm just saying in general all you do is drag and it's really TIRING. That's not what Stanhood is all about.

Help us see a POSITIVE side to you. I really want to know what you LIKE. I'm curious

Touchdown

Banned
MC starting her early interview promo for her new single and all anyone wants to talk about is her damn injury and she's too nice to not respond to the questions... This era might be a lost cause... I still have a little hope though. #Beautiful was her highest charting single in a long while peaking at 15 on the hot 100. Can she build on it or was that just a rogue spark on the end of a very long worn out fuse? :/

ihaxnvBqHHMpE.gif

xaosslug

I don't give a shit about who likes my faves tho. Only my opinion matters.

I'm just saying in general all you do is drag and it's really TIRING. That's not what Stanhood is all about.

Help us see a POSITIVE side to you. I really want to know what you LIKE. I'm curious

you must have me confused with Pupi or Robido or something. I mean

ilwihT2cg6wU9.gif

botty

Banned
MC starting her early interview promo for her new single and all anyone wants to talk about is her damn injury and she's too nice to not respond to the questions... This era might be a lost cause... I still have a little hope though. #Beautiful was her highest charting single in a long while peaking at 15 on the hot 100. Can she build on it or was that just a rogue spark on the end of a very long worn out fuse? :/

ihaxnvBqHHMpE.gif

Call me when the album is out.

i1BAcmtgFyoDI.gif

royalan

Mariah can make it happen
MAKE IIIIT HAPPEEEEEEeeeEEEEEeEEEeeeEEEENNNN
if she wants to.

But I'm starting to wonder how much she really wants to.

I mean, I know Mariah loves her fans and wants to create new music FOR them.

But part of me wonders how much SHE wants to be bothered.

I dunno, I was just a bit turned off when Mimi did EVERY performance of #Beautiful sprawled out on the ground. It was too over-the-top, even for her, and spoke more of laziness than divatude...which really said a lot about the early music we've heard.

No you're the most confusing. I know what Rob and pupi like. I don't have the slightest clue what you like except your hatred for almost everything.

Sis, Xao is a #Fighter :)

Its cute that people always make excuses for their favs like "they can make it happen if they want to" when they flop.

The refusal to ever admit that it is because the public ain't there for them anymore.

royalan

Its cute that people always make excuses for their favs like "they can make it happen if they want to" when they flop.

The refusal to ever admit that it is because the public ain't there for them anymore.

...didn't you do exactly this for Kelly Clarkson's last effort?

Also, I think it's funny that you're saying this about Mariah Carey, whose Emancipation of Mimi is probably the biggest comeback album in Pop history. Never count a Diva out. Numbers never tell the whole story.

Kyon

Banned

Don't you Stan Kelly?
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

If I remember correctly you could've SWORN People Like Us was gonna slay the charts and when it didn't you got quiet. I never forgot
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

xaosslug

No you're the most confusing. I know what Rob and pupi like. I don't have the slightest clue what you like except your hatred for almost everything.

well, aside from Christina...

just the other day I praised Yeezus/Kanye, PRISM and I stan Double Rainbow and Buzzcut Season (I think praised Summertime Sadness), and I was alone in love with My Darlin', and always gave props to Blurred Lines. I say what I like on here all the time. Y'all just don't care or notice.

i like a lot of other stuff too, but it's not PopGAF's taste and I'm not gonna force it. It's whatever, sis.

...didn't you do exactly this for Kelly Clarkson's last effort?

Also, I think it's funny that you're saying this about Mariah Carey, whose Emancipation of Mimi is probably the biggest comeback album in Pop history. Never count a Diva out. Numbers never tell the whole story.

One could argue that EoM comeback was due to good music that the public was there for.

....but I guess that is out of the question. You are right... the music was horrid. She smashed cus she tried.

Don't you Stan Kelly?
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

If I remember correctly you could've SWORN People Like Us was gonna slay the charts and when it didn't you got quiet.
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif
Saw that edit.

Anyways. This has nothing to do with anything. People Like Us would have smashed when I first heard it imo, but by the time it was released it was no longer the right sound.

Kyon

Banned
well, aside from Christina...

just the other day I praised Yeezus/Kanye, PRISM and I stan Double Rainbow and Buzzcut Season (I think praised Summertime Sadness), and I was alone in love with My Darlin', and always gave props to Blurred Lines. I say what I like on here all the time. Y'all just don't care or notice.

i like a lot of other stuff, but it's not PopGAF's taste and I'm not gonna force it. It's whatever, sis.

Wait but those are my faves. Minus Kanye and BL
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

royalan

One could argue that EoM comeback was due to good music that the public was there for.

....but I guess that is out of the question. You are right... the music was horrid. She smashing cus she tried.

...I detect that you're trying to drag, but it's falling flat.

Emancipation being a flawless album was BECAUSE she tried. After suffering multiple flop albums and a public breakdown, Mimi completely changed her approach and increased her efforts in and out of the studio. The result was massive success that most people thought Mariah would never see again.

So I really don't see your problem with saying that certain artists could smash if they tried to. Mariah proved that before.

My problem is with your characterization that simply trying is a guarantee of good music/success. Which is laughable honestly.

How do you REALLY know that Mariah tried during her hit eras but not during her flops? It makes no sense.

royalan

My problem is with your characterization that simply trying is a guarantee of good music/success. Which is laughable honestly.

How do you REALLY know that Mariah tried during her hit eras but not during her flops? It makes no sense.

...And where did I say that?

EDIT: I also find it laughable that you interpreted my post as defending one of my "faves" when I was actually more critical of Mariah in that post than anything else.

Everything about #Beautiful was lazy and ill-timed. Do you deny this?

...And where did I say that?

Did you read your posts before reading "submit reply"?

You claimed that Mariah could smash/find success if she tried. You then attributed her smashing/success/quality music during the EoM era to increased efforts on her part as a way to prove that she could do it again.

"Mariah can make it happen if she wants to" is directly stating that all she has to do is want it/work for it for it to happen. It is not leaving wiggle room for things like..... public apathy, being out of sync with music, having bad taste, etc. It directly implies a 1:1 correlation between effort and success.

Everything about #Beautiful was lazy and ill-timed. Do you deny this?

No, but that wasn't the part of your post I was taking issue with.

Just because we agree on some points doesn't make your others any less ill conceived.

royalan

Did you read your posts before reading "submit reply"?

You claimed that Mariah could smash/find success if she tried. You then attributed her smashing/success/quality music during the EoM era to increased efforts on her part as a way to prove that she could do it again.

"Mariah can make it happen if she wants to" is directly stating that all she has to do is want it/work for it for it to happen. It is not leaving wiggle room for things like..... public apathy, being out of sync with music, having bad taste, etc. It directly implies a 1:1 correlation between effort and success.

Dude, you are WAY over-thinking things here.

Saying that Mariah Carey could "make it happen" if she put in more effort was not a comment that required that level of dissection, especially when I directly correlated it to how lazy I thought #Beautiful was handled -- which you apparently don't disagree with, so I don't understand why you're reacting like someone poured bleach down your pants.

Calm down.

Nemesis_

Gaga will be performing Gypsy at a piano in Berlin during the ARTPOP listening party. I'm not sure when it's happening, but it's within the next twelve hours I believe.

Anyone else thinking that we might see more LQ leaks if this listening party is happening? Unless they're totally and thoroughly searching for anything with a recording function.

Nemesis_

Anyone else thinking that we might see more LQ leaks if this listening party is happening? Unless they're totally and thoroughly searching for anything with a recording function.

Apparently security is quite tight and most of the invites were very up front about people not taking in recording devices.

I still think there will definitely be some LQ leaks - if not we'll get some detailed descriptions of the tracks from fans, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom