• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Stefan™;88334047 said:
Just found the whole album in HQ. ;___;

Edit: NVM. It's PRISM.kiii

adkfjhakeuah

Styles

Search for them on Twitter. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

tumblr_ml3h2uyUoY1r6pjhuo1_400.gif

Zutroy

My initial impressions of ARTPOP. Some good choruses with lots of shit verses. GUY, Sexxx Dreams and ARTPOP legit slay though.

Swine hits so much harder than the live performances led me to believe. I love it.
MANiCURE reminds me of Hair. Catchy but with sort of goofy lyrics. It's fun.
Gypsy is slaying me right now. I hope it's the next single. Power and hooks. Really reminds of of Marry the Night on more listens.
G.U.Y. is good.
ARTPOP is catchier than I thought it would be but I had low expectations for it so that doesn't mean much.
Jewels N' Drugs is so different from everything else on the album. I'm not a fan but I can see people enjoying it.
Fashion! ...hmmm... I guess it's like a typical Gaga non-single. Mildly catchy but a bit repetitive.
Donatella is fun. It hits pretty hard.
Sexxx Dreams didn't hit me as hard as I was hoping it would. I'm still holding out for the HQ though, since the muddiness might have had a hand in my impressions.
Dope seems like something I could really like if she didn't sound like she was yodeling through a mouthful of cotton. Covers will be fun I guess.

"I don't speak German but I try" in Gypsy.
There's a bunch of past album callbacks if you listen close. Kind of cool. I only caught a few since the lyrics are a bit hard to make out sometimes.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just closed all my leak tabs and I'll only listen again when the official stream goes up
This album deserves more than crappy quality mess

Nemesis_

Honestly, based on the LQ leak, the worst songs are probably Dope and............

I can't think of anything else. >_>

MANiCURE has been changed a lot from the iTunes Festival though.

God gin is so gross
iFInoeUqwuZy3.gif

Also I fucking love Miley Cyrus.
ibfhNJIfsDSpAj.gif

Also Madonna is the supreme queen bitch and I'm sick and tired of Little Monsters shading her just coz she spilled some tea at Gaga. Gaga obviously lives for her and rightfully so because Madonna is a goddamn etherial goddess. A comparison between Gaga and Madonna is a compliment to the former and shouldn't be seen as shady.
ibrm7vQuig05XL.gif

Rihanna is terrible,
iDSr2cRtYJqff.gif

Nemesis_

Fashion! feels like Gaga channeling her FAME era self. I'm not 100% sure if I love it after repeat lessons. But it's got this kind of retro.....I'm not sure how to word this.....but swing feel?

I'd probably put it in the bottom two with Dope.

What annoys me the MOST, however is that Fashion! could've been dropped and replaced with Temple or Brooklyn Nights.

I know we haven't heard them, but considering Zedd's work on G.U.Y., Aura and Donatella - I think either of those two songs would've been better than Fashion!, Dope or even
Venus >_>

Gypsy's studio version is cute. But I can't say it's doing much for me at the moment. I didn't care for Edge of Glory when I first heard it. So I'm sure it'll change. The chorus is nice.

[edit]: GUY, kalsjlfkjakljfklsajfkjahkfjakfjsjfkajkj

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Listened to a lot of the leak, granted it's low quality but...... I think Gaga actually managed to make an album worse the BTW :/

Dope is atrocious. What a fetid turd of a song.

And this is coming from someone who generally likes her ballads. This should not have made the cut for the album.

3phemeral

I thought Dope had potential outside of the live version. It had a strong melody and I figured the production would elevate it. Having most people here hate it is disappointing.

GpVSALq.gif

Trigger

Dope sounds like a drugged out Gaga wandered into the studio and just screwed around on piano. I can't believe it's been touched by Rick Rubinsus tbh.

Someone told me artpop leaked in 16, is that true

Because that would be delicious

Yes, the quality is absolute garbage.

Servbot24

Banned
So far I can't really tell why this album is particularly "ART"sy. Or is the title not even talking about the music. ?

Venus is an utter embarrassment.

botty

Banned
As far as I can tell from recent interviews, the "art" aspect is not really the music itself, but her incorporating performance with her music as a method of reinterpreting it.

I see you missed the interview where she admitted that most of the stuff she says is pretentious.

imOoFT8Xi0WTw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom