• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fey

Banned
"I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm a gypsy gypsy gypsy I'm" is still stuck in my head. It should probably be a single.

Swine is actually offending me. Which doesn't happen very often.

My finger is HOVERING over the delete key.

dd

Can you listen to the entire thing and post a review.

too much skipable trash, imo. BTW only has Government Hooker, Scheiße, Bloody Mary, and Heavy Metal Lover.

I think all those are better than everything on ARTPOP tho

botty

Banned
What do you wanna wear this spring?

ibsuBlVqlz2PdS.gif

What do you think is the new thing?

ibx0vPL2vx7wNt.gif

What do you wanna wear this season?

i2zDI8AkDQfaz.gif

DON NA TELLA

royalan

Venus and GUY are unforgivably shitty.

Sex Dreams is everything. THIS is how you do a song that avoids traditional Pop song structure without it sounding like a hot ass mess.

royalan

What are you smoking as per

GUY is just about everything holy in pop music

Guy is the musical equivalent of a tuna sandwich: passable but bland. Goes nowhere. I wanted to skip it halfway through.

Also doesn't help that the mixing on this album is horrid so far. Even the good songs.

royalan

Jewels and Drugs PUNCHES just as I thought it would. Love how moody it is.

Just the right mix of Gaga and the featured rappers. And Twista's verse makes me want to touch myself.

Gaga sounds great as a hook girl.

xaosslug

I think all those are better than everything on ARTPOP tho

eh, I need to listen to ARTPOP more and see what songs have 'staying power' before I can say definitively. MJH is giving me life, tho.

Cause I love, love, cause I love, love
You better than, you better than
My darkest sin
Russian hookers, and cheap gin

iMmBf6gLao9q8.gif

DominoKid

i'm enjoying reading this thread while i listen to the album.

i'm on ARTPOP now which i'm not feeling. so far GUY and Sex Dreams stand out. but it's good on the whole so far.

Koodo

Banned
I am being fisted, as expected, but let me spill on the Fashion Of His Love 2013 Collection in this album:

Swine - simply hollow in the studio version. The song worked in the fest due to the manic performance. I suppose I can look forward to being slain live.

Dope - SHIT.

xaosslug

i would respect Gaga more if she would release her more... out there, unconventional, yet interesting songs as singles like Sexxx Dreams, Manicure, Gypsy, MJH, etc.

thank GOD the label stepped in and stopped Venus from being the second single, tho.

Servbot24

Banned
Well I just finished this and I have to say that I'm just embarrassed by how shamelessly Gaga panders to stereotypical gay club culture, she's an absolute slave to what she thinks is expected of her and that is certainly no way for any self-proclaimed ARTist to function. Inspiration and relevance clearly running dry. Hope she has fun being covered on Glee and doing not much else.

Bored.gif

xaosslug

I am being fisted, as expected, but let me spill on the Fashion Of His Love 2013 Collection in this album:

Swine - simply hollow in the studio version. The song worked in the fest due to the manic performance. I suppose I can look forward to being slain live.

Dope - SHIT.

yeah, I find myself skipping both those as well. :-/

Cynosure

What do you wanna wear this spring?

ibsuBlVqlz2PdS.gif

What do you think is the new thing?

ibx0vPL2vx7wNt.gif

What do you wanna wear this season?

i2zDI8AkDQfaz.gif

DON NA TELLA

cause she walks so bad like it feels so good
listen to her radiate her magic
even though she knows she's misunderstood
voodoo voodoo voodonana

katie2_zps7b972fa5.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Born This Way

• Aura
  • Venus
  • ARTPOP
  • Donatella
  • Gypsy

The Fame Monster

• G.U.Y
  • Sexxx Dreams
  • Manicure
  • Do What You Want
  • Mary Jane Holland
  • Dope

The Fame

• Jewels N' Drugs
  • Swine
  • Applause

Red and Blue
  • Fashion!

iTpQcGBo9Pmbj.gif

botty

Banned
Well I just finished this and I have to say that I'm just embarrassed by how shamelessly Gaga panders to stereotypical gay club culture, she's an absolute slave to what she thinks is expected of her and that is certainly no way for any self-proclaimed ARTist to function. Inspiration and relevance clearly running dry. Hope she has fun being covered on Glee and doing not much else.

Bored.gif

This doesn't feel like pandering. This is more of just making music that appeals to her core audience.

DominoKid

i liked: Aura, Venus, GUY, Sex Dreams, DWUW, Mary Jane Holland, Applause
i liked but there were problems with: Swine, Jewels & Drugs
just aight: Manicure, ARTPOP, Fashion
that's that shit i don't like: Dope, Gypsy, Donatella

the start is awesome then it's iffy after Sex Dreams.

from a production standpoint i fuck w/ most of this album.

some of the lyrics/subjects ruin a few songs for me.

it's a better album than i thought it would be.

cory64

Aura gets worse with every listen
Venus is getting better for me
GUY is a bit standard but punches nonetheless, same with Manicure but that's not as good.
Sexxx Dreams is everything
Jewels N Drugs doesn't work for me
DWUW is still everything
ARTPOP is absolutely everything
Swine is trash.
Donatella shits
Fashion! is everything.
MJH grew on me
Dope is :trash:
Gypsy is everything, HAS to be the next single.
Applause is actually in the middle of the pack for this album.

Phreaker

After pulling myself up off the floor I found an HQ version. 2:51 pm – Going to listen in full with headphones on, as she intended. Then I am going to go read all y’all thoughts! I can’t believe it’s happening!

Aura – Not much to say, still love it!
Venus – Again, have it already, love it! The ABBA in outerspace sound takes me away
G.U.Y. – First time hearing this song… O M G , so chunky, WHAT IS THIS GIVING ME in the pre-chorus?! Something FAME era? This song is fantastic!! AMAZING, SLAYED
Sexxx Dreams – One of my favs that I’ve heard from ARTPOP (iTunes Fest). Really excited to hear this version… OMG the chorus changeup! Lsdhfoiwhewf dead! “You were in my, you were in my” flawless addition.
Jewels n’ Drugs - Still probably my least favorite from iTunes fest, but I don’t skip. This sounds pretty much just like the live version. That Twista is crazy fast.
MANiCURE – Another treat from the iTunes festival. Excited to hear the album version… Oh yasssss! Get it Godga! Oh, nice changes from the live version! I love this song, I type as I am hand banging!
Do What U Want – Again, have this song, but I am infatuated with it. I seriously think it could be my most favorite Gaga song evah! I can’t explain the part of my brain this ear candy of music and singing touches, it just does and far less often with new music as I age unfortunately. This song just does it for me. I hope it’s HUGE for her, but I am perplexed with what will happen to it since she’s doing a video for Venus. Is she going to promote this song? I think it could be her biggest commercial hit yet.
ARTPOP – Before I even start this song just have to say this, until DWUW was my favorite I had heard off the album and I heard the HQ snippet and I am most excited at this moment for this song! Oh, here I go. Oh shiiiiiiiit, it’s only a few beats in and I am slayed. This music, the melody, the chorus, the layered vocal – dead. OMG, the HEE HEE’s! I literally have goose bumps and tears! We could belong together! Her ARTPOP could mean anything! Music not the bling, I am feeling it Godga! OMG want to repeat forevah! But I will press on.
SWINE – Another one I really loved from the iTunes Fest. Ohh, again, so chucnky I freaking love it! Oh yassss, this song slays! I missed the squeal, but that can be special to the live version.
Donatella – First time, virgin ears, so excited… OMG, she’s going to slay the dance floors! So camp, so hot, so danceable. Another slaying song. I can’t even believe how great this album is so far!
Fashion! – First time again. Oh, nice. Enjoying the back half more than the first. Not doing it for me like some of the others I heard for the first time, but it could grow on me.
Mary Jane Holland – Only heard the snippet. I can always use a new song about the herb and anyone as big as Gaga doing it is good news. The laws are stupid and have ruined lives and families for no reason. I like the groove to the song a long.
Dope – I know this is supposed to be I Wanna Be With You… Oh, yep it is. Let’s see… Yeah, this song doesn’t do it for me.
Gypsy – Only heard the live version and wasn’t too impressed. Oh, okay this is better, kinda cute. Not my favorite, but it’s okay.
Applause – I still like this song and think it was fine as a lead single to the album.

Overall – Album Of The Year! She is back and I am slayed! She already has my coins for two copies iTunes and physical. Excellent work Gaga, sorry it leaked, but I am overjoyed that I got to hear it today.

Cynosure

ARTPOP
Sexxx Dreams
Donatella
G.U.Y
Do What You Want

Born This Way
ARTPOP
Venus

Fame Monster
Gypsy
Aura
Applause
Manicure
Fashion

The Fame
Mary Jane Holland
Swine
Jewels N' Drugs

Broken Jean Spearit
z9Fu88M.png

Dope

ihRQMIQtFXLg6.gif

cory64

Godga, her ARTPOP is Real:
Fashion!
ARTPOP
Gypsy
Sexxx Dreams
Do What U Want
G.U.Y.

Bops:
Donatella
Mary Jane Holland
MANiCURE

Average:
Aura
Venus
Applause

Shit:
Jewels N Drugs
Swine
Dope

royalan

Swine starts off really promising, to be honest. It sounds like 90s rave in its first moments. But then it loses it all by the first bridge.

And, lyrically, it showcases Gaga's worst tendency as a songwriter: fixation on metaphor to the detriment of the song overall. This swine shit doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom