• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Ohh Boy you looking like you like what you see
Won't you come over and check up on it, I'm gone let you work up on it
Ladies let em check up on it, watch it while he check up on it
Dip it, pop it, twerk it, stop it, check on me tonight

iZWem1DzW8vIb.gif

Artemisia

Banned

iZWem1DzW8vIb.gif

let beyonce in already, marius. she's coming next year, be ready to stan.

Cynosure

I don't see why anyone thinks she sounds boring on ARTPOP. She's serving up glacial Debbie Harry realness.

I'm pretty sure this is the only cultural touchstone on the album she actually intends rather than ones Monsters are just attributing to her to make her seem like a genius tbh.

I have no idea what you're trying to point out with that song video.
Gaga doesn't sound bored in all of ARTPOP, just the bridge.

i0MjPx8KbEobO.gif

Noooo Cyno, that gif

I dieeeeeeeee

In other news, I think I've started preferring the new vocals in Aura over the last. There's a sort of overt laziness to the vocal that reminds me of a classic Disney villain. Also I like that the instrumental is pure panic and she's just kind of over it. BUT IN THE BED-RUMM THE SIZE OF HIM'S MUAHHHHHH THAN ENAAAUUUUGH-A.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I have no idea what you're trying to point out with that song video.
Gaga doesn't sound bored in all of ARTPOP, just the bridge.

i0MjPx8KbEobO.gif

O, I misinterpreted your comment. A lot of people seem to be saying her delivery makes her sound bored on Artpop. I am pointing out that she is tapping into something, not just delivering flat vocals.

In other news, I think I've started preferring the new vocals in Aura over the last. There's a sort of overt laziness to the vocal that reminds me of a classic Disney villain. Also I like that the instrumental is pure panic and she's just kind of over it. BUT IN THE BED-RUMM THE SIZE OF HIM'S MUAHHHHHH THAN ENAAAUUUUGH-A.

This is the one delivery change I can totally get behind. Such an improvement.

Zutroy

So go on, live your life
So go on, say goodbye
So many questions but I don't ask why
So this time I won't even try
Hush, hush now

oprah5.gif
oprah5.gif
oprah5.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I'm listening to Born This Way again and not Heavy Metal Lover having a better chorus than anything on ARTPOP when it's comprised of only 3 words
61YUzrE.gif

cory64

I'm listening to Born This Way again and not Heavy Metal Lover having a better chorus than anything on ARTPOP when it's comprised of only 3 words
61YUzrE.gif

HML is still better than anything on ARTPOP tbh. But ARTPOP has more songs that are closer to HML's quality than BTW.

It was a radio single in Australia, their reverence. I'm still bitter that Alejandro was chosen as the third and final Fame Monster single over Dance in the Dark tbh.

Alejandro's up there as one of my favorites, but Dance in the Dark is still supreme.

royalan

Broadway? I'm convinced you aren't actually listening to any of the evidence submitted at this point. But it's okay; you just get ready for my response tonight!

Can we just accept the fact that I don't like SoHyang, I'm not going to like SoHyang, and I'm never going to be impressed by her vocals? It'll save us all a lot of time.

Her voice is colorless. Not a shred of personality, and I've felt this way since the first time I stumbled upon her years ago (a cover of My Heart Will Go On which, to this day, is one of my least favorite covers of that song and cements Celine's place in the vocal trinity. And don't get me STARTED on the Whitney covers I've heard).

Having a style is incredibly important to me when it comes to who I place in my vocal pantheon. You can't just have the raw materials. Your voice has to have personality, you have to have soul...grit...Shirley Bassey, Sarah Vaughan, Judy Garland, Billie Holiday, Barbara Streissand, Aretha Franklin, Julie Andrews and, yes, Christina Aguilera, all have that. Their voices have color. They have an approach to their music. They have a definitive, unmistakable style.

And to all the haters: you can talk smack about Christina's vocal flaws all you like, but she HAS a definitive style. She has an unmistakable approach and musicianship to the way she performs her music. And if you don't like it, continue doing what you do best: seething in her juices.

SoHyang sings like a pangeant girl. No soul. All her flourishes ill-timed. No personality to her vocals. No color. Just...dull.

Fey

Banned
61YUzrE.gif

Judas is better than anything on ARTPOP

Himeros and Venus tried it but they cant beat the king with no crown

Judas and HML alone make me feel BTW >>>>> AP

Then I remember You & I, Highway Unicorn, Americano, and The Queen and I'm not so sure
DeadBanana.gif

And there's a reason Alejandro was chosen as the final single and not Vogue in the Dark.

isqgbAJD0bONc.gif

edit: and O @ Perfume falling right before it was about to hit the top 10

Born This Way vs ARTPOP? Why would you guys do this to me? ;___;

Born This Way has an even amount of 10s and 6s, whereas ARTPOP's an 8 or 9 all the way through. ARTPOP's a better album, but Born This Way has some bigger moments.

Now I wanna listen to them back to back :D

cory64

Can we just accept the fact that I don't like SoHyang, I'm not going to like SoHyang, and I'm never going to be impressed by her vocals? It'll save us all a lot of time.

Her voice is colorless. Not a shred of personality, and I've felt this way since the first time I stumbled upon her years ago (a cover of My Heart Will Go On which, to this day, is one of my least favorite covers of that song and cements Celine's place in the vocal trinity. And don't get me STARTED on the Whitney covers I've heard).

Having a style is incredibly important to me when it comes to who I place in my vocal pantheon. You can't just have the raw materials. Your voice has to have personality, you have to have soul...grit...Shirley Bassey, Sarah Vaughan, Judy Garland, Billie Holiday, Barbara Streissand, Aretha Franklin, Julie Andrews and, yes, Christina Aguilera, all have that. Their voices have color. They have an approach to their music. They have a definitive, unmistakable style.

And to all the haters: you can talk smack about Christina's vocal flaws all you like, but she HAS a definitive style. She has an unmistakable approach and musicianship to the way she performs her music. And if you don't like it, continue doing what you do best: seething in her juices.

SoHyang sings like a pangeant girl. No soul. All her flourishes ill-timed. No personality to her vocals. No color. Just...dull.
Yes stan for Rihanna sis!! *.*

I haven't listened to The Fame in ages. I'd give it a re-listen but I don't want my eardrums assaulted.
iOHSU9W9aLyyM.gif

So very basic outside of Just Dance, Poker Face (which isn't even that great anymore being honest), and Paparazzi.

cory64

Listen to these performances for everything I DON'T get from SoHEW?...

Shirley Bassey - The Greatest Performance of My Life
Judy Garland - Old Man River
Sarah Vaughan - Misty
Babs - My Melancholy Baby
Aretha Franklin - Call Me
Julie Andrews - Crazy World
Christina Aguilera - A Song For You

Personality. Artistry. Style.

The first phrase of Shirley's performance alone shits on SoHew's entire existence. I don't even need to get to the other videos, tho I probably will.

royalan

The first phrase of Shirley's performance alone shits on SoHew's entire existence. I don't even need to get to the other videos, tho I probably will.

I was actually going to highlight that part but decided not to. Probably my favorite opening from Shirley.

Artemisia

Banned
so someone explain why it's such a big deal that gaga fired troy carter

can't she get another manager to do her shit for her? what was so special about him?

I think people are just flipping out because he's been with her since the beginning, and they're probably afraid she'll try to manage herself.

You're new here so you should know it's not uncommon for her to Stan anything with a pulse. Apologies
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

Eaux, she's one of those.
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

Honestly I don't know. I thought Gaga was in control of everything in her career?
iyrLku2lKw6Xw.gif

In creative control, yes. Troy handled her business and promo.

It's only a big news story because he launched her to super stardom. He's the one who got her out there and got her into those big gigs.

She just needs a good other half if this separation is real. They were very, very good together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom