• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

I wrote that all messed up because I'm still recovering from all those feels. To everyone who can't feel ARTPOP, get better speakers. There's just so much sounds that makes this album amazing. My Lady Gagallah ratings coming up..

mhm. Blasting the album on my speakers/in my car gives me eargasms every time. *.*

I think Gypsy might be the best song on ARTPOP tbh

image.php

Not when Mary Jane Holland exists.

Madeon, his POWER.

royalan

TVAcSeJ.gif

TIER

Fashion!
Jewels ' Drugs
Manicure
Sexxx Dreams

3ygR9y0.gif

TIER

GUY
ARTPOP
Donatella
Swine

AC38WVV.gif

TIER

Gypsy
Mary Jane Holland
Aura

K9F6lH5.gif

TIER

Dope
Venus
Applause

DJWS > Zedd > Madeon > RedOne >>>>> Garibay

Sorry, but Garibay is responsible for some of the messiest, noisiest, unnecessarily busy productions in her portfolio. Some of her most iconic, sure, but iconic despite their productions tbh.

DJWS did some AMAZING work on ARTPOP; his synths are magic and you will all deal. And very, very diverse talents.

At the end of the day this album is a bop and it's 70% because of him. Zedd and Madeon are fabulous as well though it's hard to compare them to Paul's work only because they only worked on two songs each (well I guess three for Zedd, if you wanna count Aura).

And I'll write up an ARTPOP review. Soon. lol

Artemisia

Banned
DJWS > Zedd > Madeon > RedOne >>>>> Garibay

Sorry, but Garibay is responsible for some of the messiest, noisiest, unnecessarily busy productions in her portfolio. Some of her most iconic, sure, but iconic despite their productions tbh.

DJWS did some AMAZING work on ARTPOP; his synths are magic and you will all deal. And very, very diverse talents.

At the end of the day this album is a bop and it's 70% because of him. Zedd and Madeon are fabulous as well though it's hard to compare them to Paul's work only because they only worked on two songs each (well I guess three for Zedd, if you wanna count Aura).

And I'll write up an ARTPOP review. Soon. lol

What on EARTH am I reading?

Are you AWARE that Garibay produced Marry the Night, Heavy Metal Lover, and The Edge of Glory? How are any of those messy production wise?

Fey

Banned
lol my order would be almost literally the exact opposite

RedOne >>>>> Garibay > (Space Cowboy ;___;) > Madeon > Zedd > DJWS

fake edit: ^ YASSSSSSSS sis

What on EARTH am I reading?

Are you AWARE that Garibay produced Marry the Night, Heavy Metal Lover, and The Edge of Glory? How are any of those messy production wise?

The Edge of Glory and Bloody Mary are his best. Marry The Night's production is incredibly boring. I don't like Heavy Metal Lover. He's also in charge of:
- Highway Unicorn
- Born This Way (great song, but production is like.. what)
- Bad Kids
- Americano (another great song, except the production flat-out deflated any of this song's effectiveness)

Dance In The Dark is by far my least favorite song from TFM. I blame him. lol

The Edge of Glory and Bloody Mary are his best. Marry The Night's production is incredibly boring. I don't like Heavy Metal Lover. He's also in charge of:
- Highway Unicorn
- Bad Kids
- Americano (another great song, except the production flat-out deflated any of this song's effectiveness)

I am done.

Artemisia

Banned
- Highway Unicorn
- Bad Kids

hmmm but looking at the credits, a lot of those songs were handled by DJWS too. Those 3 are the only ones done by Garibay and Gaga alone.

Styles

- Highway Unicorn
- Bad Kids

Mess

ibrc49idCQCxeI.gif

Kyon

Banned
- Highway Unicorn
- Bad Kids

you're the worst Monster on this planet if they could get any lower

nawt you sony ponies trying it with earthbound. nintendo stays effortlessly clocking the jrpg competition almost 20 years after release. when will lessors have flawfree battle systems like the rolling counter?

3phemeral

Ugh, Amazon still hasn't uploaded ARTPOP to my cloud. *grumbles*

Same here. It says it can take up to 48 hours to appear in autorip after it ships. It was supposed to be delivered today, but it's two states away from me at the moment.

Ooh, FF talk.

For me:

VI > IV = VII > X > VIII > XIII >>>>>>> XIV | FFi | FFII | FFMQ

I haven't played IX at all. FFXII has an amazing story line, but I just don't have the time to play an MMORPG to even bother with it.

Mumei

... Ahem.

Well, I listened to The Art of Letting Go just now. I know I'm late, but I didn't have a chance when it was the topic of conversation! I'm not sure what Mariah was going for with that sprechstimme realness at the beginning, but I'm glad she moved on from it fairly quickly.

I don't know how I feel about it. I don't like the lack of structure, I don't like the lack of a discernible hook, I don't like the way it isn't something I can hum along with. I do like that there seem to be very little effects on her vocals and how the the production doesn't feel cluttered and how she sounds great in the second half and climax, but the path to get to that still feels meandering.

3phemeral

The music and art direction for FF13 were great at least. But then again, art direction and music are usually always on point for every FF at the time of release
FFXIV excluded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom