• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

... Ahem.

Well, I listened to The Art of Letting Go just now. I know I'm late, but I didn't have a chance when it was the topic of conversation! I'm not sure what Mariah was going for with that sprechstimme realness at the beginning, but I'm glad she moved on from it fairly quickly.

I don't know how I feel about it. I don't like the lack of structure, I don't like the lack of a discernible hook, I don't like the way it isn't something I can hum along with. I do like that there seem to be very little effects on her vocals and how the the production doesn't feel cluttered and how she sounds great in the second half and climax, but the path to get to that still feels meandering.

I went back and forth on the structure (or lack thereof) of the song. It IS very sparse, but there's something about it that I like. It makes the song feel more...I dunno, honest somehow. Like someone really just wrote down the words they needed to get out and then made it into a song. I think it works for the song in the end.

I didn't like the beginning, with that "I'm making a statement of my own opinion" business. But, by the time we got to the second verse, and "I hope you don't get no ideas about reuniting baby, because that's the last thing I truly need" I found myself siding with the song.

Kyon

Banned
Y'know, Prof., you always seem to make an appearance and grace these dark opinions with light just as we need you the most <3

I bet he stans XIII-2 as well

iAGZIpaTZgHAq.gif

He stans all of them actually

iAGZIpaTZgHAq.gif

Mumei

I went back and forth on the structure (or lack thereof) of the song. It IS very sparse, but there's something about it that I like. It makes the song feel more...I dunno, honest somehow. Like someone really just wrote down the words they needed to get out and then made it into a song. I think it works for the song in the end.

I suppose. I can see how it works thematically; I just don't see how it works very well musically, as something you'd want to listen to repeatedly. This isn't the first time she's done a song like this, of course; Petals is one of the more obvious comparisons. But I thought Petals worked better and - important distinction here - it wasn't a single. It did make for great live performances, though.

I didn't like the beginning, with that "I'm making a statement of my own opinion" business. But, by the time we got to the second verse, and "I hope you don't get no ideas about reuniting baby, because that's the last thing I truly need" I found myself siding with the song.

Mm. I don't hate it or anything; there are just those elements I find irritating.

Anyway, have you heard this performance? I normally eschew her Tokyo 1998 concert since 1996 is so much better, but I do love this performance.

Nemesis_

I can definitely hear it towards the end, you can see her turn her head too.

Oh, well. It's still perfect.

Yeah well no fan wants to hear their fave calling for help AGAINST them so you've got a point.

I am still cackling. Poor Gaga T_T

Don't these people have anything better to do? I hear most of them camp outside of her apartment and they've been doing so and pissing off the other tenants.

I suppose. I can see how it works thematically; I just don't see how it works very well musically, as something you'd want to listen to repeatedly. This isn't the first time she's done a song like this, of course; Petals is one of the more obvious comparisons. But I thought Petals worked better and - important distinction here - it wasn't a single. It did make for great live performances, though.

Mm. I don't hate it or anything; there are just those elements I find irritating.

Anyway, have you heard this performance? I normally eschew her Tokyo 1998 concert since 1996 is so much better, but I do love this performance.

Petals is a great song, I love it when she gets all introspective and emotional in her albums. Looking In, Petals, Outside, Sunflowers for Alfred Roy, Twister, Music Box, The Wind. All similar songs and similarly flawless.

Don't these people have anything better to do? I hear most of them camp outside of her apartment and they've been doing so and pissing off the other tenants.

A lot of people don't, lol. This summer I had a job working traffic in the town over from where I'm from, but it turns out that Taylor just so happened to buy a house there too. So I had to deal with everything from "Lol she sucks" to "OMG HOW DO YOU WORK FOR HER?" (I worked for the police department so I was in uniform) to dealing with people trying to get onto the property. People would have literally camped outside her house for HOURS if I didn't have to tell them to scram.

The other residents in the area hated her for bringing so many fans to the area. I felt bad for her, but she always seemed to take it well.

I saw her brother shirtless once.

Did Taylord ever bless you with Her presence?

Of course. She managed to walk up this giant hill in stilettos once. How she did it, I'll never know.

But yeah. I saw her numerous times, but she only briefly talked to me once (there were a lot of people around), but it still made my day. Momma and Poppa Swift are incredibly nice and just really normal people.

Her security is hilarious, lol. Oh, the stories I have...

botty

Banned
taylor to perform @ VSFS aka biggest event of the year

Taylor Swift will perform at the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, joining the likes of Fall Out Boy, Neon Jungle and A Great Big World on the bill to perform.

The country singer will take to the catwalk this week but her mini-gig will not hit screens until December 10 when it airs on CBS in America.

The 23-year-old will be amongst underwear and swimwear models such as Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Doutzen Kroes, Candice Swanepoel, Lily Aldridge, Karlie Kloss and Behati Prinsloo as they parade around in lingerie.

South Africa native Candice will be wearing the most expensive bra this year which is jewel-encrusted and worth a whopping $10million.

Taylor Swift will be serenading the models of Victoria's Secret (WENN)

Last year Taylor claimed the ladies of the brand would never allow her to be a part of their work.

"That's so nice! But no, I didn't ever think [about doing modelling]," she told Australian radio show hosts Kyle and Jackie O.

"Music was always just everything. As soon as I started writing songs, that was it. I don't think I ever thought that modelling thing was a possibility. No I could not [do it now]! Victoria's Secret would not let me in!"

Cool tayler, cool. wonder what The Lord will sing. Also wonder if the legend will perform with a great big world. @cyno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom