• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Anyway, have you heard this performance? I normally eschew her Tokyo 1998 concert since 1996 is so much better, but I do love this performance.

Ooh! I almost forgot about this song!

I love how solid she is in her lower register here. This seems like one of those songs that would be incredibly difficult to perform. Low notes require so much breath control (especially when it comes to maintaining resonance and not descending into vocal fry), and she's singing entire lines down there.

Granted, you can see the focus across her face, but she landed it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Out of all Rih's hits, I think What's my name is probably my least favourite. Not a fan at all
Only Girl and S&M remain unbothered and on top of Loud's singles.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I will never understand 80% of her appeal :/

Meh, another reviewer saying this album is what they expected from her (i.e. pop music that's catchy, go figure) but didn't have the fire of Born This Way, an album that was so fiery that that same reviewer probably hated it when it came out too. She's going to get the catch-22 treatment this era at the end of the day; when she establishes her style as straight up pop, she's criticised for establishing versus treading new grounds. Except she's never treaded new grounds. All her music has been a similar style (Born This Way strafed a few times but generally still in the same tableau) but I think the title of album insinuated something more transformative than what we actually got. This person complains that "ARTPOP" is exactly what she's been doing up til now, then criticizes the album for being exactly what she's been doing up til now. Isn't that point? "ARTPOP" is exactly what she's been doing and this album exemplifies it. It's not meant to be a transformative album so much as an establishing album... at the end of the day Gaga is about catchy pop music, you've all complained that she strayed away from that in the last era, so this time she'll give you what you asked for: music similar to my first album + EP. It's classic Gaga. What moniker describes Gaga's essence more than "ARTPOP"?

It's like "why is this album JUST a bunch of pop songs?".... well, because that's what she was asked to make. Everyone shat on her for trying to do more, so she listened. I think there are too many people who want drastically different things from her, and in misunderstanding her ambitions assumed that her brand of music was some sort of revolutionary medium. It isn't. She's a well-spoken artist with catchy pop music.
Tbh your criticisms read to me as though we didn't even read the same article.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The struggles of these vocal 'powerhouses'. If only they had shown only improvement a la Katy Perry or Rihanna.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Listening to a Christmas album and up pops Girls Aloud's Christmas Song
iPkuDazhu2FCa.gif

Not exactly what I'd call a career highlight

And now Spice Girls - 2 become 1 is on. How is that a Christmas song?

Matt_

Lawd all those videos look flawless

God this Gaga/Howard Stern interview is so flawless.

She's spilling tea on Taylor, Perez, Madonna, Kelly Osbourne. Bless you Howard for your amazing probing <3

Lawd all those videos look flawless
I agree. Why can't all of her videos look like that?
They are pretty awesome. Drew giving us the goods. Bless him.

God this Gaga/Howard Stern interview is so flawless.

She's spilling tea on Taylor, Perez, Madonna, Kelly Osbourne. Bless you Howard for your amazing probing <3
OMG. I can't wait till that hits YouTube or SoundCloud. I have to hear that!

"... thinking that I'm after her (Madonna's) throne. I don't want your fucking throne, - no thanks. And I don't want a throne because I don't see myself as a queen"

"I think she's just frustrated that I'm not upset by what she said. I just don't care"

GO INNNNNNNNNN

Kyon

Banned
"... thinking that I'm after her (Madonna's) throne. I don't want your fucking throne, - no thanks. And I don't want a throne because I don't see myself as a queen"

"I think she's just frustrated that I'm not upset by what she said. I just don't care"

GO INNNNNNNNNN

Did bitch stays a contradicting hypocritical hot ass mess.

That Howard Stern Lady Gaga interview was everything. I love Gaga's speaking voice, it's so soothing. Only for her would I listen to an hour + interview. <3

Artemisia

Banned
Sometimes it's hard to hard to find the words to say

I'll go ahead and say them anyway

Forget your balls and grow a pair of tits

It's hard, it's hard, it's hard out here for a BITCH

tumblr_mw5v0e2mbf1ry65bao1_500.gif

... But any formula would ultimately arbitrary. Arbitration of what counts, for how much, and on what charts is what Billboard, you know, does. It sometimes hurts artists, it sometimes helps them. Mariah's WBT chart performance wouldn't have been as impressive on a chart that emphasized sales over radio play; she did only peak at #2 in sales. But that's a counterfactual argument about what could have been.

It wasn't much more than a month ago that three different songs - Roar, Wrecking Ball, and Royals - were number one in radio play, streaming, and digital downloads. You could probably have had any of those songs be number one by adjusting the ultimately arbitrary formula Billboard uses to decide which song is number one on the Hot 100; that doesn't change the fact that Royals was number one under the existing formula.

Mumei defending radio as a basis for measuring a songs impact....

Sad, sad, day.

Facts are facts. WBT wasn't selling...... and songs that don't sell don't deserve to be called song of the decade.

Fey

Banned

GO INNNNNNNNNN

Gaga sis ...

Please stay away from your fans. I can probably find these statements posted on GagaDaily.

Kyon

Banned
I think her meltdown about the plagiarism of BTW and Express Yourself was even better

“No. Listen to me. Why the f##k…? I’m a songwriter. I’ve written loads of music. Why would I try to put out a song and think I’m getting one over on everybody?

That’s retarded. What a completely ridiculous thing to even question me about. I will look you in your eyes and tell you that I am not dumb enough or moronic enough to think that you are dumb enough or moronic enough not to see that I would have stolen a melody.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom