• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Fergie just popped up on this nostalgia train

London Bridge... when will Bangerz

and just as I am typing this Spotify decides to promote Miley's tour
iliyF0l4Un2NY.gif

I think I should. It has Behind These Hazel Eyes, Since U Been Gone, Breakaway, and Because of You on it.

Omg, I never realized all my favorite Clarkson singles were from the same album.

What kind of utter slayage?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I asked crumpet and artemisia this earlier, but for anyone who has enjoyed HAIM's album.. what is your trinity (favorite 3 songs)?

If I Could Change Your Mind
Let Me Go
The Wire

Took me a while to decide because there's nothing on the album that I'd rate less than 4½ stars. The idea that Forever is in ANY WAY a flop or rihductive is patently absurd. And I'm not bothered by Edge remaining a non-album track.

Bladenic

I can't pick a trinity because I have more than 3 faves. I guess my most used are Forever, Days are Gone, and Running if you call my name. But they're all so good. I haven't heard Edge though.

Bladenic

The Falling (Duke Dumont Remix) makes me feel things. So amazing. I love HAIM so much ;_; I'm glad to see many people here feel the same way now.

botty

Banned
I can't pick a trinity because I have more than 3 faves. I guess my most used are Forever, Days are Gone, and Running if you call my name. But they're all so good. I haven't heard Edge though.

The Falling (Duke Dumont Remix) makes me feel things. So amazing. I love HAIM so much ;_; I'm glad to see many people here feel the same way now.

So you've heard the falling remix but not Edge. all my wasted promo.

5zvrU.png

If I Could Change Your Mind
Let Me Go
The Wire

Took me a while to decide because there's nothing on the album that I'd rate less than 4½ stars. The idea that Forever is in ANY WAY a flop or rihductive is patently absurd. And I'm not bothered by Edge remaining a non-album track.

But is this "Edge" shade...?

Bladenic

Forever I try to make it right,
Together we saw the end in sight,
I'm tired of fighting the good fight,
If you say the word then I'll say goodbye.

Crying.

OchreHand

That was amazing, I love when she improvises. A long time ago there was another video of where she was at a bar and just sang along to the guy on the piano with made up words to a classic song. She sounded great.

3phemeral

OMG

This is fucking flawless.

She sounds GREAT. And her improv skill is NOT to be questioned.

EDIT:

OMG SHE'S SHADING AMERICAN IDOL WHILE SINGING. KIIIIIIIIIIIII

EDIT: OMG HER CHEST NOTES

EDIT: OMG THE WHISTLE
I knew you'd like it, sis.

iCMNNxKDz7oyo.gif

Watching it again, I love that absolutely none of her fans have cameras all up in ha face. They're just sitting and enjoying the performance.

That was amazing, I love when she improvises. A long time ago there was another video of where she was at a bar and just sang along to the guy on the piano with made up words to a classic song. She sounded great.

I think you're referring to this video.

She also did another improv at a Jazz bar after her infamous live Triumphant feature.

Mariah Carey is Flawless #fact

Sometimes I think Mariah Carey has lost it, the voice and all, then she does shit like that... ughhh. FLAWLESS.

botty

Banned
Mariah Carey is Flawless #fact

Sometimes I think Mariah Carey has lost it, the voice and all, then she does shit like that... ughhh. FLAWLESS.

She needs to stop making boring ass music. Like, even if she has less of a voice...it's still better than most girls. So why not do music like the stuff on EoM? I enjoyed "Almost Home" but that was filler shit. Her delayed era has kind of rubbed me the wrong way I guess.

3phemeral

I was thinking that too. He really does add a lot to the song. I had a bit of a kii when she mentioned her bones hurting.

I thought she was ad-libbing the Graham Norton performance, but that was apparently the original. When she said, "I really trusted myself as a songwriter," I was hoping it was less over thinking and more simplicity for the sake of relatability. Instead, it was more "first draft" and less polish. As much as I like quirky, there needs to be an appropriate context and balance. Venus, at least for me, is the perfect example of truly camp to the max that feels a perfect fit. But DWUW is not one of those songs.

Bless, aRt Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom