• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

image.php

I miss Austin.

On Saturday, it was revealed that Interscope, Lady Gaga's label, has spent $25 million dollars to promote her flop album "ARTPOP," which is set to sell around 250 thousand copies in its first week -- that's a 75 percent drop from the first week album sales of "Born This Way" only two years ago. This weekend, plenty of Lady Gaga's little monsters prostituted themselves online, offering gay sex for people who buy at least 30 copies of "ARTPOP."

"She originally was going to have the album ready by last Christmas. They made her re-record it. When her tour wasn't selling, they invented a hip injury and told Gaga to go away for months so the public could be interested in her 'comeback.' After the lead single 'Applause' didn't get such a great reception, they made her re-record the album again. I hear that they allegedly paid radio stations in order to put the song at the top of their playlists," Jacob laughs.

royalan

Actually, I know this story is largely a joke, but I've been wondering for a while about the legitimacy of her hip injury. Long story short, hip injuries are serious. People rarely have the same level of dexterity in their legs afterward, and the way she's been throwing herself around stage this era (like, literally throwing herself around the stage) really makes me question if her serious hip surgery was really all that serious.

cory64

Actually, I know this story is largely a joke, but I've been wondering for a while about the legitimacy of her hip injury. Long story short, hip injuries are serious. People rarely have the same level of dexterity in their legs afterward, and the way she's been throwing herself around stage this era (like, literally throwing herself around the stage) really makes me question if her serious hip surgery was really all that serious.

She said her hip is BETTER than before. Like how is that even possible?

xaosslug

jewels & DRUGS...

iY7Zo7A3wKnxn.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
BZVJSwwCQAAjuWW.jpg

Swift hopes to collaborate with new songwriters and producers. But she planned to begin, she said, by heading back into the studio with Max Martin and Shellback. “I want to go in with Max and Johan first, just to figure out what the bone structure of this record is going to be.

“I have a lot of things to draw from emotionally at the moment. But I have to draw from them with a different perspective than on Red. I can’t say the same things over and over, you know? I mean, I think it’s just all the more important that I don’t ever allow myself to coast.

“At the same time, there’s a mistake that I see artists make when they’re on their fourth or fifth record, and they think innovation is more important than solid songwriting. The most terrible letdown as a listener for me is when I’m listening to a song and I see what they were trying to do. Like, where there’s a dance break that doesn’t make any sense, there’s a rap that shouldn’t be there, there’s like a beat change that’s, like, the coolest, hippest thing this six months—but it has nothing to do with the feeling, it has nothing to do with the emotion, it has nothing to do with the lyric. I never want to put things in songs just because that might make them popular, like, on the more rhythmic stations or in dance clubs. I really don’t want a compilation of sounds. I just need them to be songs.”

http://www.vulture.com/2013/11/taylor-swift-reigning-queen-of-pop.html

BXEEBI9CMAAYJ7z.jpg

cory64

They were too scared to even put the name of the true queen on the cover.
They better live in FEAR

but also
>IKWYT's chorus

Artemisia

Banned
but also
>IKWYT's chorus

yes, what kind of point was she trying to make when she did the exact same thing with that song?

I mean it works, but still.

EDIT: but wait

You could hear Martin and Shellback’s touch in the bright, punchy sound of those songs, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” “I Knew You Were ­Trouble,” and “22.” Yet the songs are unmistakably Swiftian; unlike other Martin songs, you can’t imagine them being recorded, interchangeably, by Katy Perry, or Pink, or any of the other usual suspects. Listen to a key line in “22”: “We’re happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time / It’s miserable and magical.” It’s a classic Swift lyric: purple but precise, self-involved yet self-aware—all in all, about as spot-on a description of a young woman’s turbulent inner life as you’re likely to hear on hit radio.

The tea.

She also said the hip injury made her swollen all over. Hitting the gym hard didn't resolve the problem. LOL. Christina must've had a hip injury too.

Bladenic

Perhaps the hip injury was exaggerated, who knows? There's nowhere near enough evidence to support this conspiracy theory. Certainly not the level of evidence that proved Bernard had a baby mama.

Edit: thank sweet Allah that Royalan finally removed that hideous creature as his avi

Styles

It is better than the studio version.
Here's the extremely similar televised version

But have the other girls put on a performance like that in the past year?

The absence of strings during the second verse saddens me.
frown.gif

Swift told me she could imagine a time when she’d stop performing and just be a writer. “When I’m 40 and nobody wants to see me in a sparkly dress anymore, I’ll be, like: ‘Cool, I’ll just go in the studio and write songs for kids.’ It’s looking like a good pension plan.”

Please don't.

ibiTR9eLZqu1Ev.gif

this must be how Rihanna stans feel every other year

i5UDWayUGSvDb.gif

Poor them.

I still like the album, I am just not blown away. I kind of expected them to go this route, but I am not a huge fan of rock throwback tracks in general.

At least it all isn't Folk Rock. SOML was more than enough of that for me.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Alien leaked

miles better than Work Bitch and Perfume
tho I kept waiting for a bigger chorus since the
"not alone, not alone" sounds like a build up
propertyofjolie30v.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
But the stars in the sky look like home
Take me home
And the light in your eyes lets me now
I'm not alone
not alone not alone not alone

ibs1ae9yb4OFSD.gif

Koodo

Banned
And to think just a few months ago we all thought this album would be an urban banger. Jean, you were the last one I expected to jump aboard the borewagon.

ibs1ae9yb4OFSD.gif

I use Alien though.

Stefan™;90343193 said:
All the tracks from BJ have been trash. None have piqued my prostate thus far. Alien might grow on me, but we'll see.
849cfcb6.gif

I agree.

I know I drag everyone, but there is nothing appealing about the tracks. The music is just damn awful. Normally I have to side step and drag sales.... but not this time.

This time... I can have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom