• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Passenger>Aliens>>Work Bitch>>>>>>>>>>>>Perfume.

What did her team even see in Perfume? A try-hard "Diamonds" mess
tumblrinlinemtui3ra6zh1s.gif

xaosslug

Question is why do you care?

I'll never understand why people bother trying to listen to things that dont interest them and who they dont stan for.

er... I've always stanned Britney's stuff and certain performances... you've even replied to said stanning posts. Don't try it, sis. I know your feeling raw, these days, but sit down.

ibxBUIlvsJ1iKd.gif

Kyon

Banned
er... I've always stanned Britney's stuff and certain performances... you've even replied to said stanning posts. Don't try it, sis. I know your feeling raw, these days, but sit down.

ibxBUIlvsJ1iKd.gif

you NEED to STOP with the "you're pressed"-like retorts anytime someone says something to you. No one is pressed.

Partition

Banned
I didn't like Highway Unicorn until I saw it live 👀 Same with GH 👀

Both are still probably the worst two tracks from BTW though. #justiceforbadkids

xaosslug

you NEED to STOP with the "you're pressed"-like retorts anytime someone says something to you. No one is pressed.

if you're not pressed, then sit DOWN and STOP coming for me.

i mean

can I not not like something you like w/o you getting your jimmies rustled @ every turn? Seriously?! I'm not feeling Perfume or Alien.'OMG, such relentless negativity!!!'
iYloqQCeAu7wE.gif
I know you've been in the dumps/some kind of depression, or whatever but damn. Collect yourself, sis.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Outside of five tracks (all of which had features) Electric Lady was completely forgettable and no longer resides on my harddrive. She might be able to sell it live but in album form it came up lacking.
i2Zf3ztCK32xI.gif

All this talk of Alien and not one of you has bothered to post a streaming link, flop stans.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm listening to Artpop. This album is straight up trash and I used to love Gaga.

I now poop on all pop that isn't Janelle Monae. Going from Electric Lady to Artpop was a mistake. Gaga exposed for being basic.

Speaking of Janelle, my review of her concert:

1. Best concert. Ever. EVER.

2. I was in the crowd. My ticket cost 30 DOLLARS.

3. I TOUCHED JANELLE DURING THE CROWD SURF.

4. JANELLE CLAWED AT ME IN THIS FUCKED UP PHOTO:

kdK7Bnv.jpg

5. I was this close to Janelle when she came into the crowd:

NTM08P6.jpg

6. Primetime made me wish I had someone to hold me. What a romantic song live.

7. Come Alive live is an amazing performance.

8. This concert sealed Janelle as my favorite modern musical artist.

9. What really sealed it was when she grabbed a candy cane shotgun and did a moonwalk with it.

10. Janelle has very soft skin and an amazing butt. I'm jealous of both.

Stan. She's absolutely incredible live, a force of nature. I'm jealous.

Kyon

Banned
Outside of five tracks (all of which had features) Electric Lady was completely forgettable and no longer resides on my harddrive. She might be able to sell it live but in album form it came up lacking.
i2Zf3ztCK32xI.gif

All this talk of Alien and not one of you has bothered to post a streaming link, flop stans.

i thought it was already posted last page or something?

here

Mau ®

Does Britney even have any promo scheduled for this album?

I can't help but feel this will be her last album in a long, long while.

Zutroy

Anyway CRD sis did you pre order the fan edition?

No, just the deluxe, got too much to buy over the next couple of months!

I wonder if these leaks are on purpose. It seems odd that two HQ versions have now leaked about a week apart. Surely if it was a fan that got them they'd all be out, or if it was somebody trying to get publicity from it we would have a source.

Mau ®;90387689 said:

There was something a while ago saying that she'd be doing the UK X-Factor.

I don't think she'll have anything new during her two year stay at Vegas, and she'll probably take time off after that, so yeah it could be like three years until a new album unless she's under contract to get something out more often by her label.

Kyon

Banned
Mau ®;90387689 said:

Apparently a rumored performance this week or something don't hold your breathe.

I Am Britney Jean documentary in December 22nd, a Q&A on Saturday Night Online in December and a IHeartBritney release party( it's one of the IHeartRadio sponsored album release parties that Katy and now Gaga are doing) in December.

So just like last few eras no real promo until the week of album release and after

BJ release in Europe in 10 days so it should leak soon

EDIT: Robin Leach already confirms she did a full showcase of the Piece of Me show.

An album sampler of BJ is being sent out today so hopefully someone leaks that

Artemisia

Banned
I just can't understand why they would even record an album and release singles if they don't plan on promoting it. Like... doesn't her label want to make money?

Kyon

Banned
I just can't understand why they would even record an album and release singles if they don't plan on promoting it. Like... doesn't her label want to make money?

Yes. But Britney herself doesn't want to. They can't force her as much as people think she's being forced to do anything.

She's not about the months of media blitz stuff anymore. She's just releasing music doing a few appearances and going on tour.

Plus she's all about Vegas right now so yeah they don't care.

Also the world doesn't know Perfume is out or gives a damn so...

Hello GAF-Pop, making my entrance
jtxyz7.gif

So I heard Gaga flopped and people are hating on the album. What's the consensus here? Is Gaga too safe now, or are people holding her to an unfair standard? Also if she put out a super experimental, great album that also flopped...would that be just as bad?

Cynosure

Knee is a special case where promotion works against her.
She can't do an interview without sounding inbred, and she can't perform without looking like Magickarp on ground.

Kyon

Banned
Knee is a special case where promotion works against her.
She can't do an interview without souinding inbred, and she can't perform without looking like Majickarp on ground.

This too.

It becomes more about what she's doing in the promo than what she's promoting

Esch

Banned
How do yall feel about J Cole outselling lady gaga first week
jbx5e4sFvx6RgT.png

costing her advertising firm ~25 mill
jocUiB7R28ext.png

basically its a terrible album right
j4qnLFu3GZNiU.png

I bet that poster who changed his gaf account name to ARTPOP feels dumb as fuck
jEaaUFYOZPiFa.png

jtxyz7.gif

So I heard Gaga flopped and people are hating on the album. What's the consensus here? Is Gaga too safe now, or are people holding her to an unfair standard? Also if she put out a super experimental, great album that also flopped...would that be just as bad?

I thought ARTPOP was a great album. Sure, it had a few trash songs (I'm looking at you, Fashion!) but for the most part it was solid.

I think the reason it flopped so hard is because Applause was a terrible choice for first single. I don't think she's being safe, but rather, just kind of doing her own thing. ARTPOP is much different production wise from BTW or TFM, so I can see where people might be apprehensive.

If she were to put out something experimental and it flopped, I'd be okay with it as long as it was a great album. For example, a few of us here would love a Jazzga album, but it probably wouldn't sell well because of the genre.

jtxyz7.gif

People will hate on her regardless of the content of her album because people are not comfortable with a female superstar that isn't pretty, safe, or easily defined. The album itself is a direct response to the horde of hate she got from her last album because they said it wasn't reminiscent of her debut work, and of course once she gives them work that's organically reminiscent of that debut work people call it safe or uninspired. She won't win because people don't want her to win.. the interesting part about this is that she stopped giving a flying fuck about it about 4 weeks ago.

She's set to unruly standards but those standards are a fabrication. We drag genuinely brilliant people through the mud because they try harder, yet we give free passes to hollow hacks because they're so inoffensive that they don't motivate anyone to look at them beyond the surface. People have decided that Lady Gaga must either be the greatest human that ever lived or a godawful piece of shit, and as long as she's releasing pop songs and continuing what she's doing people will consider her to be a godawful piece of shit because nobody wants a strange, intelligent female with a big nose and big ideas to be or feel great.

cory64

ARTPOP
#1 Armenia
#1 Barbados
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Macau
#1 Mongolia
#1 Nicaragua
#1 Russia
#1 Slovenia
#1 Taiwan
#1 Ukraine
#1 Vietnam

Slay.

Bullshit. Lady Gaga sets her own standards. She called the album ART Pop. She gave us pretentious diatribes about how Artpop was the combination of art and pop. SHE'S the one who claimed it was "the album of the millennium." SHE is the one who made songs of excess and glorification of all of her worst tendencies.

Don't blame others because you're a stan. Gaga set up her own fall.

people still think she was serious when she said this?

Yado

I thought ARTPOP was a great album. Sure, it had a few trash songs (I'm looking at you, Fashion!) but for the most part it was solid.

I think the reason it flopped so hard is because Applause was a terrible choice for first single. I don't think she's being safe, but rather, just kind of doing her own thing. ARTPOP is much different production wise from BTW or TFM, so I can see where people might be apprehensive.

If she were to put out something experimental and it flopped, I'd be okay with it as long as it was a great album. For example, a few of us here would love a Jazzga album, but it probably wouldn't sell well because of the genre.

Everyone knows her album sales would have skyrocketed if she had performed Fashion! a couple times.

ibsroSggFC4jHY.gif

I agree with everything else you said.

Bullshit. Lady Gaga sets her own standards. She called the album ART Pop. She gave us pretentious diatribes about how Artpop was the combination of art and pop. SHE'S the one who claimed it was "the album of the millennium." SHE is the one who made songs of excess and glorification of all of her worst tendencies.

Don't blame others because you're a stan. Gaga set up her own fall.

It's this kind of lazy hate that pretty much exemplifies what I was talking about. Since when was the word "art" a pretentious label? Making music is art. Music IS art. If you really think that she's showing some kind of foolish audacity or gall in calling music "art" then you're a silly, silly person. If you don't find music-making to be an art form then that's your opinion... you're wrong of course, but it's your own wrong opinion. And she was kidding when she said it was "album of the millennium," a fact that I'm not surprised would completely go over the heads of people who just want to see a superstar fail because it's more fun and gratifying than someone who doesn't make an impression.

She never set standards. She was just well-spoken and passionate about her work. It's YOU who decided that she must be the second coming of Jesus because she's an articulate female who isn't some vacant Disney loon. So for you to say that she caved under the weight of your own standards... that shows that people expect great things from her because she is great. So I guess it's a compliment to her at the end of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom