• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

It's fucking filthy

"Do you play with the girls,
play with the boys?
Do you ever get lonely
playing with your toys?"

Noooooo, my childhood!
ed2305b7.png

Btw, some of you mentioned Jennifer Paige, but forgot to include this... semi-bop/flop she released in Germany 3 years ago.

Oh, and I'm disappointed these few older bops weren't mentioned.

royalan

Mau ®;90682029 said:
Let's all bow to Drake, his physique.

Not a fan of the music, but I wouldn't kick him out of bed.

...or my parents bed.

...or the couch.

...or my desk at work.

...or the backseat of my car.

...are a darkened alleyway.

LAWD, have mercy...

Mau ®

This Drake shade...

I bet ya'll pressed your fave didn't deliver this masterpiece:

Nothing_Was_the_Same_cover_2.png

"Furthest Thing" shits on all pop releases this year alone. Ch...

Bladenic

Mau ®;90698579 said:
This Drake shade...

Now sis... NWTS is no masterpiece. Especially compared to Take Care (of God).

The Queen's body is looking on point though. Soon.

Trigger

Mau ®;90698579 said:
This Drake shade...

Educate them

I like Pound Cake and HOWGH more though.

I can't at the notion that Drake and the word "attractive" have anything to do with each other. He will always look like my frumpy second cousin who talks awkwardly about Pimp C at Thanksgiving Dinner.

Also he dresses like a 16 year old wearing his dad's clothes. Get that shit tailored weirdo

Bladenic

The co-sponsor of POP GAF OT 7 and 7.5, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Rihmix, will be available for a mere twenty dollarés on Black Friday. Grab the global superstar while supplies last.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can't at the notion that Drake and the word "attractive" have anything to do with each other. He will always look like my frumpy second cousin who talks awkwardly about Pimp C at Thanksgiving Dinner.

Also he dresses like a 16 year old wearing his dad's clothes. Get that shit tailored weirdo

He gives me human pug tea.

Kyon

Banned

It looks like its a Criminal Sequel but then this:

Joseph Kahn ‏@JosephKahn 1 min
Checked the internet. The internet is wrong on what it thinks the #perfume video will be. Patience yo.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Really enjoying that Colby O'donis track posted a couple pages back

Nemesis_

ddddddddd not too much on the repressed

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

didn't you explosively decompress your bussy waxing lyrical about this pervy uncle looking motherfucker though

Robin%20Thicke_08-16-2013.jpg

didn't you explosively decompress your bussy waxing lyrical about this pervy uncle looking motherfucker though

Robin%20Thicke_08-16-2013.jpg

ljadlfjaldf

In my defense, Robin is attractive to me in a quick-bathroom-stint-at-a-Republican-fundraising-dinner way and not in the watch-me-play-Halo-then-dine-out-at-Golden-Corral way that Drake seems to naturally exude on a daily basis.

I'll take a middle aged man with charisma and sharp dress over a young frumpy TuPac stan with a sweater collection anyday,

Hmm... Drake or Robin Thicke. I would choose neither, and go with POPGAF's own Touchdown. But, if I was forced to choose between Drake or Robin, I would choose Drake. Robin is dull.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Speaking of Robin Thinne, did you all read that horrific interview he gave?

http://www.theguardian.com/music/mu...ke-most-dreadful-interview-2013-blurred-lines

"People say, 'Hey, do you think this is degrading to women?' I'm like, 'Of course it is. What a pleasure it is to degrade a woman. I've never gotten to do that before.'"
So said Robin Thicke in an interview with GQ earlier this year, discussing the video for Blurred Lines. The man seems unable to speak to a journalist without making himself look a wally. His latest interview with Elle magazine contains several nuggets of prime Thicke awfulness. Here's a few of our favourites – and you can read the interview in full here.

Robin Thicke on the human form
"In our household, nudity is not frowned upon."

There's the implied threat here that if you went round the Thicke's house for tea, you'd almost certainly come eye to eye with Robin's penis. Let's all think about that for a bit.

Robin Thicke on penis-size
"Compared to my son, I'm packing"

That's it, we're definitely never going round there for tea.

Robin Thicke on his father
"My dad was single my whole pubescent period. He had Ms. Alabama, Ms Dominican Republic – every week. I was like, Dang, Pops."

My dad quite liked watching Neighbours. I wasn't ever really like, Dang, Pops.

Robin Thicke on romance
"I like to take her out to a fancy, six-course meal that lasts three hours and stare into her eyes."

Indeed, there's nothing more romantic than being stared at while you eat – ideally for three hours.

Robin Thicke on love
"My gift and my curse is that I really want to be loved. What drives me to make music is love – whether it's shallow or deep or whatever."

It's the final "whatever" that really elevates this to poetry.

Robin Thicke on compliments
"If someone's got a great outfit on, it's like, 'Oh, you're big-dick swingin' tonight.'"
Top tip: don't ever say this to someone.

Robin Thicke on listening to his own music during sex
"(My wife) likes to do it more than ever now. Sometimes she'll even play groupie for me."

And she's surely thrilled for that information to be released into the public domain.
ivLEV4GIRcw7b.gif

I just....
I'd have to go with Drake.

I imagine he always has that sweaty sheen on him, like he always just finished jerking off over pictures of barely legal teens three minutes ago

Valhelm

contribute something
Ok, PopGaf. I need your help.

I generally see myself as a bit of a music buff, but I'm really fucking ignorant when it comes to pop. For the last couple years I was kind of an asshole when it came to ultra-mainstream music, and I would always joke about pop music sounding the same without really being that familiar with it. I generally prefer indie groups, specifically acoustic folk bands (like the Decemberists, Beirut, etc), but really want to broaden my interests. Since last month I've really been into Lorde and Bastille, and both of those artists are by far the most poppy music I've ever been a fan of. If I want to expose myself to pop music, where do I start? Which artists should I listen to first? I have a really rudimentary understanding of pop music. I never listen to the radio, unless it's NPR or my college station, so I only know the HUGE hits, like Blurred Lines, Wrecking Ball, Applause, etc. Which pop musicians are generally considered the best?

Basically, I am a little lamb come to seek guidance from the hands of the masters.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I generally see myself as a bit of a music buff, but I'm really fucking ignorant when it comes to pop. For the last couple years I was kind of an asshole when it came to ultra-mainstream music, and I would always joke about pop music sounding the same without really being that familiar with it. I generally prefer indie groups, specifically acoustic folk bands (like the Decemberists, Beirut, etc), but really want to broaden my interests. Since last month I've really been into Lorde and Bastille, and both of those artists are by far the most poppy music I've ever been a fan of. If I want to expose myself to pop music, where do I start? Which artists should I listen to first? I have a really rudimentary understanding of pop music. I never listen to the radio, unless it's NPR or my college station, so I only know the HUGE hits, like Blurred Lines, Wrecking Ball, Applause, etc. Which pop musicians are generally considered the best?

Basically, I am a little lamb come to seek guidance from the hands of the masters.

First of all good on you for broadening your musical horizons.

There is pretty much no better place for you to start than with Robyn.

RobynAlbum.jpg

Body_Talk.jpg

Robyn is simply the sonic aesthetic of pure pop firing on all cylinders.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Click images to listen on Spotify

Trigger

Robin Thicke on the human form
"In our household, nudity is not frowned upon."

There's the implied threat here that if you went round the Thicke's house for tea, you'd almost certainly come eye to eye with Robin's penis. Let's all think about that for a bit.

I think it's time for a POP-GAF field trip.

0lVImRD.gif

Vazduh

Although senior members will surely give you great advice (yes, yes, yes to Robyn and Natalia Kills), I'll give my 2 cents, too.

Here are a few songs I'd recommend.

Little Boots - Motorway
V V Brown - Samson
Sky Ferreira - Everything's Embarrassing
London Grammar - Strong
Say Lou Lou - Beloved
Annie - Back Together

You might like:
Jessie Ware
Yuna
Disclosure
Lana Del Rey
Laura Welsh

Yado

XZ0laNK.jpg

Lykke Li's latest album.

I Follow Rivers
Love Out of Lust
Sadness is a Blessing
I know Places

Robyn is great too, just start with her last two albums. No need to go back to whatever she was doing in the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom