• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miley is carrying the baton further in the race of women taking further ownership of their bodies. The reason why she is scrutinized by being called "trashy" and "whorish" is because of the media's obsession with demonizing the female form.
iUNNzJBQH3j0E.gif

How is the media demonizing the female form when there's a nearly naked woman in almost every advertisement? Come on son. The female form might the most celebrated thing in western culture. Miley's problem is that she doesn't have a female form and she's acting like a person trying to convey sexy when she has no idea what that encompasses. Or maybe she's pushing a neo-sexiness where where ugly shapeless girls with a speaking voice of a 50 year old smoker is hot.
If a guy did what Miley does he would not be under such criticism and judgement. Maybe you are still too conditioned by the male agenda to see this truth.
Yeah, okay Botty. If you think a man with Miley's alleged celebrity status "twerking" all over the place wouldn't beg a question or two, then I question how long you've been around.

botty

Banned
How is the media demonizing the female form when there's a nearly naked woman in almost every advertisement? Come on son. The female form might the most celebrated thing in western culture. Miley's problem is that she doesn't have a female form and she's acting like a person trying to convey sexy when she has no idea what that encompasses. Or maybe she's pushing a neo-sexiness where where ugly shapeless girls with a speaking voice of a 50 year old smoker is hot.
Yeah, okay Botty. If you think a man with Miley's alleged celebrity status "twerking" all over the place wouldn't beg a question or two, then I question how long you've been around.

Historically, the female form has only been celebrated when it benefits men. "Cover yourself up in public, but be bare when I say so." It's all apart of the male agenda to control a female's sexuality. And I am not sure what commercials you're viewing, since I believe you even told me you don't watch television, but it is not the norm for nearly naked woman to be in advertisement.

Saying Miley doesn't have a female form is just another telltale sign of a conditioned misogyny that you might have deep rooted somewhere. She is owning her sexuality and idea of sexiness. Trying to take away her self confidence and pride in her own body is apart of the problem with the male agenda. She's sexy because she says so, and no one else. I'm not sure if you find yourself sexy, but if you did who would anyone else be to tell you that you weren't? Exactly!

And we saw full evidence of the double standard when Robin Thicke went completely without blame for grinding on Miley during the VMAs. You would think that people would have complained about a married man gyrating his flaccidness onto young miley, but nope... All the media tried to do was gather up some false tea of Paula Patton wanting to fight Miley and then scrutinizing miley. It's disgusting and I am surprised that you can't see it for yourself.

Mau ®

Historically speaking, tomorrow a new Rihanna lead single would've dropped. She usually released her lead singles in the week of Sept 20-something.

Let's all mourn the absence of our generation's biggest hitmaker in this crowded fall quarter and appreciate the fact that she gaves us the best lead singles a stan could ask for during 4 years in a row.
catfag.gif

Koodo

Banned
Mau ®;83165877 said:
Historically speaking, tomorrow a new Rihanna lead single would've dropped. She usually released her lead singles in the week of Sept 20-something.

Let's all mourn the absence of our generation's biggest hitmaker in this crowded fall quarter and appreciate the fact that she gaves us the best lead singles a stan could ask for during 4 years in a row.
catfag.gif
Yes, stan for Russian Roulette.

botty

Banned
Mau ®;83165877 said:

catfag.gif

screaming at you turning this into a thread

:air:

Historically, the female form has only been celebrated when it benefits men. "Cover yourself up in public, but be bare when I say so." It's all apart of the male agenda to control a female's sexuality. And I am not sure what commercials you're viewing, since I believe you even told me you don't watch television, but it is not the norm for nearly naked woman to be in advertisement.
You must be living in another dimension where girls wearing just as many clothes as Miley was during the VMA's aren't plastered everywhere.
Saying Miley doesn't have a female form is just another telltale sign of a conditioned misogyny that you might have deep rooted somewhere. She is owning her sexuality and idea of sexiness. Trying to take away her self confidence and pride in her own body is apart of the problem with the male agenda. She's sexy because she says so, and no one else. I'm not sure if you find yourself sexy, but if you did who would anyone else be to tell you that you weren't? Exactly!
You can miss me with all that misogyny mess. I'm a great fan of big booty bitches shaking their wares hither and yon. But I won't sit idly by while you tell me that Sarah Jessica Parker Jr can call her self sexy, in this thread, when we can't take Beyonce's word that she was pregnant. There's just as much evidence to prove that Miley is an ugly sexless mess.
And we saw full evidence of the double standard when Robin Thicke went completely without blame for grinding on Miley during the VMAs. You would think that people would have complained about a married man gyrating his flaccidness onto young miley, but nope... All the media tried to do was gather up some false tea of Paula Patton wanting to fight Miley and then scrutinizing miley. It's disgusting and I am surprised that you can't see it for yourself.
I don't follow the minutiae of the celebrity world, but I did watch the VMA's and I saw Miley grope Robin with a foam finger and sidle up her coccyx to his genitalia.

botty

Banned
You must be living in another dimension where girls wearing just as many clothes as Miley was during the VMA's aren't plastered everywhere.

You can miss me with all that misogyny mess. I'm a great fan of big booty bitches shaking their wares hither and yon. But I won't sit idly by while you tell me that Sarah Jessica Parker Jr can call her self sexy, in this thread, when we can't take Beyonce's word that she was pregnant. There's just as much evidence to prove that Miley is an ugly sexless mess.

I don't follow the minutiae of the celebrity world, but I did watch the VMA's and I saw Miley grope Robin with a foam finger and sidle up her coccyx to his genitalia.

Please point me in the direction of the various advertisements where the women selling the products are wearing nothing but a bra and panties. I suppose if you were marathoning Victoria's Secret commercials you might have a point, but I am not seeing it.

You want me to "miss" you with "misogyny mess" then you carelessly throw around the bolded phrases? Alright. And I am not seeing the connection you are trying to make with Beyonce's "pregnancy" and Miley Cyrus having the self-confidence to find herself sexy. People question beyonce's pregnancy because of many reasons: The prolapsed stomach innocent, the lack of any true full term belly shots, the closed off hospital wing, her previous bouts with miscarriages, the surrogate rumors, and the general fact that she has been known to lie. All legitimate reasons to be at least suspicious of her Pregnancy. Yet, some how you have made a synthesis between that and someone having enough self confidence in themselves to say to the world "I am sexy and I don't if you think otherwise." Please tell me you are not the type of person who would rather bring a person down for their looks than to celebrate their pride in their appearance.

What you consider "evidence" is nothing more than an unconscious need to control female sexuality. Wake up!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Please point me in the direction of the various advertisements where the women selling the products are wearing nothing but a bra and panties. I suppose if you were marathoning Victoria's Secret commercials you might have a point, but I am not seeing it.

In the UK there are plenty of adverts where women don't wear anything
Skincare, makeup, shampoo, perfurme all feature women embracing their sexuality. Dove and Herbal Essences have them constantly

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
In the UK there are plenty of adverts where women don't wear anything
Skincare, makeup, shampoo, perfurme all feature women embracing their sexuality. Dove and Herbal Essences have them constantly
Europe has a completely different view on sex, nudity, the human body, etc. That doesn't really apply to the Miley "controversy" here in the US.

Ok Botty, sure. I'm sure you're also oblivious that such advertisements have, in recent years, been linked to eating disorders and low self esteem.
Please tell me you are not the type of person who would rather bring a person down for their looks than to celebrate their pride in their appearance.
Since we're reaching today.
irmw7828e5mXU.gif

My point is that people say things that are contrary to the evidence presented. Either we take them at face value or we don't. This picking and choosing is hypocrisy.

What you consider "evidence" is nothing more than an unconscious need to control female sexuality. Wake up!

Please, I give two shits about female sexuality.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Europe has a completely different view on sex, nudity, the human body, etc. That doesn't really apply to the Miley "controversy" here in the US.

True, but as Miley herself pointed out, Gaga was out on stage in a thong and bra and nobody batted an eyelid.

Touchdown

Banned
Miley sounded disgusting and the stanning is disturbing. On top of her looking like a hooker who had lost some of her clothes. Streetwalkers wear more than she did.

Aside from being an attention whore, she can't even do her job which is to sing her hit song live. Her and Perra disgust me with how they have hit singles but can't sing them. That's why I'm only here for artists like Gaga who can actually sing a song live and put on a performance.

Not me siding with DM on something
Negative_Man.png

botty

Banned
Ok Botty, sure. I'm sure you're also oblivious that such advertisements have, in recent years, been linked to eating disorders and low self esteem.
Since we're reaching today.
My point is that people say things that are contrary to the evidence presented. Either we take them at face value or we don't. This picking and choosing is hypocrisy.

Please, I give two shits about female sexuality.

What you're talking about has more to do with airbrushing and photoshopping women to look "perfect" than it has to do with women wearing "just as many clothes as Miley." (A grain of ignorance may be plaguing you on this subject.) And you specifically said "nearly every advertisement" as if I am going to just flip on the TV and see a woman showing off her bare body while selling Lysol or food products. You simply can not accuse someone of reaching with such hyperbole on your end. If you are referring to specific lines of products i:e: beauty products, clothing, and other forms of advertisements that require paid models to show off their body, then be more specific. But this just goes back to my point about the control the media wants to have on a woman's sexuality: "Look at this...this is what beauty and sexy is!" Considering you are a member of the gay community you should empathize with the fact that women are constantly being told how to act and what to do in order to fit into a male-constructed society. Again, I restate, Miley is deeming herself sexy, not allowing herself to be labeled as such, and this is where the problem comes in. It's as if you've never heard the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." In this instance, I am referring to Miley seeing beauty in the mirror, and not anyone else seeing her beauty. Because feeling beautiful will always trump someone else thinking you're beautiful... unless you're incredibly desperate and dependent on the constant reconfirmation of others.

And if you don't give two shits about female sexuality, why are you so vehement on the idea that Miley can't find herself sexy because she you don't find her sexy?

(A grain of ignorance may be plaguing you on this subject.)
[/QUOTE]
[insert something bannable here]

And you specifically said "nearly every advertisement" as if I am going to just flip on the TV and see a woman showing off her bare body while selling Lysol or food products. You simply can not accuse someone of reaching with such hyperbole on your end. If you are referring to specific lines of products i:e: beauty products, clothing, and other forms of advertisements that require paid models to show off their body, then be more specific.
One would think it goes without saying, but I guess you wouldn't get to have these semantic based arguments.

Considering you are a member of the gay community you should empathize with the fact that women are constantly being told how to act and what to do in order to fit into a male-constructed society.
Nice try.

And if you don't give two shits about female sexuality, why are you so vehement on the idea that Miley can't find herself sexy because she you don't find her sexy?
No ma'am, any vehemence you perceive was directed at you equating dancing around like a floozy with MLK Jr. Especially since, as you yourself pointed out, it's been done. But for some reason, out of all the women who have owned their sexuality and whatever that other drivel was, Miley Cyrus alone will be remembered fondly.
GTFOHWTBS

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Pure Pop DJ on iTunes Radio gets a thumbs up from me. Royals was the first song I heard! Can't wait till Shitty Perry shows up so I can use my skips on her.

botty

Banned
[insert something bannable here]

One would think it goes without saying, but I guess you wouldn't get to have these semantic based arguments.

You trying to say this is a semantics based argument is just you coping out on the fact that you tried to bring in some self-harming/self-esteem issues, which you clearly have no actual knowledge on, and attempted to use it against an point which was praising someone for their self-esteem and self confidence. It literally made no sense for you to go that route, but there is a lack of sensibility thread running through virtually all of the points you're trying to make.

No ma'am, any vehemence you perceive was directed at you equating dancing around like a floozy with MLK Jr. Especially since, as you yourself pointed out, it's been done. But for some reason, out of all the women who have owned their sexuality and whatever that other drivel was, Miley Cyrus alone will be remembered fondly.
GTFOHWTBS

females will reminisce and think fondly on girls like Miley

At this point I am beginning to question whether you can read or comprehend anything I've said.

You trying to say this is a semantics based argument is just you coping out on the fact that you tried to bring in some self-harming/self-esteem issues, which you clearly have no actual knowledge on, and attempted to use it against an point which was praising someone for their self-esteem and self confidence. It literally made no sense for you to go that route, but there is a lack of sensibility thread running through virtually all of the points you're trying to make.

At this point I am beginning to question whether you can read or comprehend anything I've said.

iFII8ec6eAWiS.gif

Matt_

Evidently some people can't take a joke
EyeRollMaryPoppins.gif

Kyon

Banned
^^^^ it's not a joke when Miley is the most hated and most relevant person on earth right now. It was shade.

Mau ®;83189373 said:
Yup. And a bit of 80's Madonna.

Miley is not doing anything Gaga did, besides being outrageous. But their methods to court attention are far different in implementation.

No lies

Mau ®

OMG my iTunes purchase of NOTHING WAS THE SAME is downloading! I didn't know it came out today in Europe!!

IM GONNA LISTEN TO MY QUEEN!!

Trigger

Mau ®;83192689 said:
OMG my iTunes purchase of NOTHING WAS THE SAME is downloading! I didn't know it came out today in Europe!!

IM GONNA LISTEN TO MY QUEEN!!

Bless. You're in for a treat. The album is pretty damn solid.

xaosslug

A legend once said, "I think it scares people when a woman is comfortable with herself; her sexuality."

People need to stop judging Miley for using her body to express her own style and artistic side. The female body does not equate to being slutty. Stop demonizing the female form as some kind of inherently sexualized taboo. A misogynistic mess.

not like this, sis

Partition

Banned
It was not shade, good lord. Some of you cant take a joke and act like Gaga can never do any good. She has praised Miley in recent interviews, and Miley seems to have no problem with what she said given her tweets.

It was not shade, good lord. Some of you cant take a joke and act like Gaga can never do any good. She has praised Miley in recent interviews, and Miley seems to have no problem with what she said given her tweets.

Didn't you know? Everything Gaga does is wrong for reasons that are only applicable to her and no one else. She is also never allowed to have a sense of humor because she's supposed to be an uppity holier-than-thou elitist.

When everyone here hounded me for saying that a lot of people don't "get" her... Y'all be proving my point every damn day. Lol

Matt_

Jesus Christ AHS: Asylum
Aliens, possession and creepy monster. It has everything
Give Jessica Lange all the awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom