• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I thought legacy acts were supposed to do well with ticket sales?

ipdqGMU2aFOoM.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

ipdqGMU2aFOoM.gif

This is what I think is strange
They've made a big fuss of her having a two year residency despite the fact she's been a shell of her former self in the performance department
Irregardless of the new song, she should have done some performances to show the general public that she is back to the performer she used to be and what they can expect to see when they book tickets. This era has started with some weird choices from her management

Majmun

This era has started with some weird choices from her management

Sounds like the current Bey scenario. But Bey can still entertain us with her talents. See her WW smash tour.

What does Britney have? Song is flopping. Can't sell out a 4500 seat show.

It's over.
ib1QlFXumwicHz.gif

royalan

ipdqGMU2aFOoM.gif

It is shocking, but thinking harder about it, I'm not surprised.

Britney IS a Legend, but her fans are still relatively young. She's not a LEGACY ACT in the sense that she's been around for decades and has GENERATIONS of fans.

Las Vegas is a city for old people. The city has been trying to rebrand itself as a destination for young adventure seekers (hence, Britney), but people know the true tea: Las Vegas is positively geriatric. And the type of people who visit Vegas and would go to a show are likely not going to be people interested in Britney Pop.

Sounds like the current Bey scenario. But Bey can still entertain us with her talents. See her WW smash tour.

What does Britney have? Song is flopping. Can't sell out a 4500 seat show.

It's over.
ib1QlFXumwicHz.gif

Thank you. Britney has been out longer than Bey and can't even fill a seat but Bey is having a WW tour racking in massive money and singing old bops, getting pulled off stage by dedicated fans?

beyonce-bitch-please-sexy-Favim.com-370735_large.gif

#RIPBritney It's the perfect time for her to start her own record label and pass on her torch to someone else.

EDIT: Teyana done opened up some new shit. Naked pictures of both for comparisons are being posted on Instagram...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Type up a response to Arte's thread hit reply and the thing is locked. Pfft I see how it is

I didn't see anyone respond to this, so...

Who/what is Morcheeba and why have I never heard of them? Gimme Your Love just popped up on youtube recommend thing and the video is beautiful and the song is great

If you looked up "chill" in a dictionary you would probably find a picture of Morcheeba. Maybe. If you had a really weird dictionary. Anyway, I've been listening to them for about a decade; they've got a great discography that's absolutely worth digging into. Some classics:

The Sea
Trigger Hippie
Rome Wasn't Built in a Day
What New York Couples Fight About (with Kurt Wagner)
I Am the Spring (this is more recent, so probably not a "classic" per se, but I love it)

There was also a several-year period where the band's vocalist, Skye Edwards, separated from the band. Morcheeba itself kept making music, though; here's some of my favorite tracks with different singers at the helm:
Like a Military Coup
Living Hell (this one is amazing, I need to see whether this singer has done anything else)
Enjoy the Ride

Also, while she was away from the band, Skye released a couple of solo albums under the name Skye. I haven't heard either of them, but if you dig her voice (and I think it's impossible not to) I can't imagine you'd be steered wrong checking them out as well.

Thanks for posting, btw; I didn't know they had a new album releasing soon! I will be perched.

SaintZ

How was Arte's thread written in "non-English pop nonsense talk". Outside of "legend" and "queen", there was no stan lingo. The thread was clearly about MIA's video.

#theopressionisreal

botty

Banned
How was Arte's thread written in "non-English pop nonsense talk". Outside of "legend" and "queen", there was no stan lingo. The thread was clearly about MIA's video.

#theopressionisreal

Was probably just a jab at us, but like someone had posted prior, it was an old thread.

royalan

#theopressionisreal

Yeah, that was weird, but I'm done even questioning it.

The rules for PopGAF have always been different and there's really nothing that can be done about it.

botty

Banned
you're the only friend I need
you're the only friend I need
sharing beds like little kids
sharing beds like little kids
laughing til our ribs get tired
laughing til our ribs get tired

...but what are the final lyrics?

Yado

I haven't been able to get on board with anything related to this album. I suppose I'm just not into MIA's music anymore.

royalan

I liked Bad Girls and the Matangi mix remains flawless.

But I haven't liked anything of the actual album tracks that we've heard.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Buzzcut Season could be the most beautiful thing that exists in this world.

We ride the bus with our knees pulled in
People should see how we're livin
Shut my eyes to the song that plays

tumblr_m6j3fguLxD1rzizkxo1_500.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Buzzcut Season could be the most beautiful thing that exists in this world.

We ride the bus with our knees pulled in
People should see how we're livin
Shut my eyes to the song that plays

tumblr_m6j3fguLxD1rzizkxo1_500.gif

Glory and Gore & Ribs>>>>>>

Cynosure

rf8wfFn.jpg

"Detroit's where I felt like I really grew up," Cyrus says. "It was only for a summer, but that's where I started going to clubs, where I got my first tattoo. Well, not my first tattoo, but my first without my mom's consent. I got it on 8 Mile! I lied to the guy and told him I was 18. I got a heart on my finger and wore a Band-Aid for two months so my mom wouldn't find out."

"Have you ever been to South Street in Philly? That's where I got my first chain. Sixteen bucks—not real. I was away from people for a minute, and I just started feeling my own vibe. I bought a pair of Doc Martens. I shaved my head. Driving a fucking Ford Explorer around. Just blending in."

http://ca.eonline.com/news/462625/m...mi-moore-needed-each-other-during-tough-times

ibyQ63mBW5JUrz.gif

Trigger

"Have you ever been to South Street in Philly? That's where I got my first chain. Sixteen bucks—not real. I was away from people for a minute, and I just started feeling my own vibe. I bought a pair of Doc Martens. I shaved my head. Driving a fucking Ford Explorer around. Just blending in."

This bitch

fu2GhUa.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

🌝

🌚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom