• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Im not sure Valve's pay-for-hats campaign will work as well here as it did in TF2, unless they also plan to add a lot of content to keep players busy. It works in TF2 as people are always playing. This might be multiplayer, but it encourages a different community.

celebi23

So, I'm kinda stuck again. I'm at the part where
Wheatley & I are trying to shut down the neurotoxin computer. He just tried the inspector trick & the bird trick. He then just stopped talking. He's not frozen though. He's occasionally sparking a bit. I'm not sure what I should do here.

edit: Nevermind.
I figured out that you needed a portal from the laser to the rotating panels around the neurotoxin tank thing. The laser then cut the pipes.

Doopliss

celebi23 said:
Wheatley & I are trying to shut down the neurotoxin computer. He just tried the inspector trick & the bird trick. He then just stopped talking. He's not frozen though. He's occasionally sparking a bit. I'm not sure what I should do here.
He might need some help. If only there were something destructive around...

celebi23 said:
did you portal the
laser beam
to take out the generator?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
4 hours after starting, i just hit Chapter
. This has been some bloody ride so far.

Also, thanks to doing a bit of exploring,
I stumbled on the Borealis docking bay :D

Time for a break, gonna go out and grab lunch, going through a little faster than i'd like and i'm still stopping to read everything.
So Aperture labs appears to be an old salt mine eh?

holy shit at a boss fight where
the one thing i did on the off-chance it was possible was the only legitimate option

i rofled good and hard

about 6 hours with bathroom breaks and food making. will play again

Been playing since it unlocked, 7:15 am here. Gonna crash for a while. Game is brilliant and I'm feeling much more satisfied with these puzzles this time around. Not gonna make any statements on Valve going on from here until I finish the game.

I need help, again...
I'm at chapter 6 and i'm just leaving the part where i went through the Aperture Science billboard and now i don't know where to go after going up the lift. Please help!

Did anyone play the
super 8 interactive teaser in the extras menu? I clicked on it not knowing anything about the movie, and I genuinely thought it was an Episode 3 teaser. Could have sworn the voice that yells out when the train crashes was Alyx.

sflufan

Banned
EatChildren said:
Im not sure Valve's pay-for-hats campaign will work as well here as it did in TF2, unless they also plan to add a lot of content to keep players busy. It works in TF2 as people are always playing. This might be multiplayer, but it encourages a different community.

Yeah, the co-op isn't something that lends itself well to long-term play (unlike TF2) unless more levels are forthcoming.

But, hey -- if people want to subsidize more levels by purchasing robot hats, then I will thank them and their very disposable income in advance!

Gacha-pin

tried PS3 Steam linkage.

I can't see my steam account status playing Portal 2 while my PS3 copy is running on PS3. Do I miss something I have to do?

And I also found, my old PC with a 8600GT provides better image quality. Oh, my PS3 the next-gen console, you are so poor.

celebi23

So, I need some help again.
I just reached the bottom of the pit & saw Potato GLaDOS picked up by the crow. I guess I need to go into the condemned testing area but, I can't figure out how to get in. Any ideas?

SolidsnackooFoxhound said:
I need help, again...
I'm at chapter 6 and i'm just leaving the part where i went through the Aperture Science billboard and now i don't know where to go after going up the lift. Please help!
make 2 holes on the ground, one on the angled platform

celebi23 said:
So, I need some help again.
I just reached the bottom of the pit & saw Potato GLaDOS picked up by the crow. I guess I need to go into the condemned testing area but, I can't figure out how to get in. Any ideas?
fly to the other side

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
davonaytor said:
Did anyone play the
super 8 interactive teaser in the extras menu? I clicked on it not knowing anything about the movie, and I genuinely thought it was an Episode 3 teaser. Could have sworn the voice that yells out when the train crashes was Alyx.

Same :lol. I half expected for you to be Barney :p.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And the game is done. Loved the ending, I was expecting more from Cave though (Unless he shows up in the Co-Op campaign), the way you defeat the big bad was awesome. The definitely leaves enough room to both try and tie into Half Life in an unspecified way, or to continue the series. Loved the jokes at the start of the game.

Only thing I didn't like was the FMV between the last fight and the ending credits. The fact that it was a FMV bugs me, and the song wasn't very good.

Now to upload all my screenshots. And done!

hxcmuziq

Banned
Did anyone "Discover the missing experiment" yet?

I actually very glad this released before any guides or walk throughs are online. I'm less tempted to cheat my way into achievements.

Jesus, just played for 7 hours straight, couldn't put it down. Funniest game I've ever played, beautiful graphics, game play is ridiculously fun and story has been very well paced. I'm a few chapters short of the end of the game, but still 10/10.

The
Cave Johnson section was an absolute riot, the $60 bum pictures and lines omg,
(certain section of the game had me) laughing throughout the entirety. Puzzles started to get a bit hard there at the end, but I think that was my fatigue more than anything.

Now time to go to sleep before I go hike a mountain in ~6 hours.. gonna be hard not to think with portals and fall off the fkr. :x

Oh and if possible could someone on PC grab a screen shot of the pictures on the wall in
the CJ section, the ones w/ the bum wearing the $60 coat and the bum holding all of the cash above his head
and PM me them? I'd love to make an avatar out of one but I have the 360 version.

Twilight Princess said:
if you like to mess around a bit and not blaze through the game, it takes twice as long.
Exactly.

I'm always checking out the games' assets. Hell i even watched sunsets a couple of times in Red Dead redemption.. I never go for the quick finish. Although i must admit i did play through portal 1 in one straight linear go. That was a three hour game i thin (for me at least..).

Guess it depends on the enviranments and on how much fun it will be to just mess around.

syoaran

Finished the single player, now I need to play the co-op to see how it all plays out story wise. Lot of fun,
shame so little relation with the HL universe...

Xdrive05

Does the game have a modding infrastructure built in like left4dead2? (Like menu options for "add-ons", anything like that?)

Ferrio

Banned
Drkirby said:
And the game is done. Loved the ending, I was expecting more from Cave though (Unless he shows up in the Co-Op campaign), the way you defeat the big bad was awesome. The definitely leaves enough room to both try and tie into Half Life in an unspecified way, or to continue the series. Loved the jokes at the start of the game.

Only thing I didn't like was the FMV between the last fight and the ending credits. The fact that it was a FMV bugs me, and the song wasn't very good.

Now to upload all my screenshots. And done!

Spoilers:

I'm actually surprised there wasn't a single tie in to the half life universe in this game. I think the closest thing was cave mentioned black mesa once... that was it. That's my only gripe about the game. I mean I guess the best we got is we know the earth isn't destroyed to hell in the future.

Tacitus_

The ending was hilarious.

When I saw the opening (you know the one if you've seen it) I went from wait wat to haang ooon to this is so awesome in about 2 seconds.

Anksta

Stuck on the CJ levels. I've just started the
1971 part and walked into a room with two pipes - a blue and orange one. There is no liquid that I can see. I can see that I need to go to the exit at the top of the room. I need to do portal using horizontal motion (I think) but there is glass between the pipes stopping this.

Can anyone help? I'm at a loss as to what to do.

S1kkZ

question about steam: i want to buy the ps3 verion and give the pc verion to a friend, he doesnt have a fast internet connection. can i download the pc version on my pc, copy it to an external hdd, so that he can copy it to his pc and log-in with my/his steam account to play it?

thanks for the spoiler angsta...

celebi23

Twilight Princess said:
oh, i thought you were further in. i don't remember this section much, if you look around, you can probly shoot a portal somewhere up high.
I kinda backtracked from where I was to try & find another way. Still no luck though :(

Never thought I'd see the day this would happen

4HxDY.jpg

How's the game everyone? I can't play until I get home from work tonight, but I cannot wait! Anyone play co-op yet? I'm very curious to hear how that is because the gf and I are eager for that.

TheBez

Mr. Spinnington said:
holy shit at a boss fight where
the one thing i did on the off-chance it was possible was the only legitimate option

i rofled good and hard

about 6 hours with bathroom breaks and food making. will play again

Are you talking about the final boss fight? IF so highlight the next thing

Shooting the moon

Awesome Animals said:
How's the game everyone? I can't play until I get home from work tonight, but I cannot wait! Anyone play co-op yet? I'm very curious to hear how that is because the gf and I are eager for that.

IT'S SO GOOD

justin.au

Awesome Animals said:
OMG. So much of me died inside. There are people like that in America? Did you see his other 'posts'? Impregnating your own daughter is NOT Rape? Are you fucking kidding me?
It's a satirical site.

celebi23

Ok, where do I go from here?
hxxp://steamcommunity.com/id/celebi23/screenshot/576668995739729494 I'm not sure how to get into the Condemned Testing Area. I've tried placing portals up high & haven't had any luck.

Top Bottom