• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
By far, the worst debate I've seen all around. Nobody won. Clinton is still at the very very least, a sane person with coherent thoughts... Donald is off his goddamn rocker.

coopolon

I think Trump stopped the bleeding tonight. I doubt we'll see any more big defections tomorrow, I definitely don't think Ryan will pull his endorsement and Pence certainly isn't going to leave.

That's about as good as he could hope to do so I would say he won. It keeps him in the race, but he's still losing.

Jombie

She's the one that seemed shockingly ill-prepared. She still won, but unfortunately that's not how the general public will see it. How she couldn't bury this piece of shit is just beyond me; she has to be disappointed.

Some of these posts are a depressing reminder of how apathetic people can be towards others, even on Neogaf. If you seriously think Trump won and are voting for him, you're either extremely ignorant or just don't care about the wellbeing of other people. This isn't like a normal debate where you have two evenly matched candidates, no, this election is between a women fit for president and a sexist, raciest, homophobic monster.
Again, pretty sure NeoGAF is largely in agreement on this point. Most remarks that "Trump won" are bitter acknowledgements of how presidential debates tend to be covered and perceived.

All Hillary had to do was murder him on stage. She screwed up badly by letting him get away with his behavior during the debate.

Watch how next week all the republicans that disavowed Donald, will go back to support him.

MIMIC

Banned
I'd just like to say that Trump had MANY low points that Hillary never pounced on. For example: Trump basically called that one audience member a terrorist (I recall calling his answer "horribly offensive.") That would have been the PERFECT opportunity to pounce and say something like, "This is what Trump thinks of the average American" or "I'm sorry for what Mr. Trump has said to you."

Trump pounced on every single low point of Hillary's.

IMO she answered policy questions in fantastic style while Trump just attacked her with every answer.

Yup. I'm glad she didn't stoop to his level and even attempted to answer the political and policy questions, though she should have called out just 1 or 2 more of his lies during the two hours instead of just saying "go to the site" 3 or 4(?) times so that people who don't go online would see more of the bullshit live too. The couple of times she did defend herself against them were strong, except for maybe like one of them.

PBalfredo

Working through it, I think I'm disappointed in this debate because of the town hall format. So many of those "questions" were just softballs for one candidate or another to launch into their usual talking points about the other candidate. So no wonder much of it devolved into a gross slugfest. The few points that I thought were good were when Hilary spoke confidently about policy and Trump clearly had nothing of substance to offer.

She did answer to actual question.

The performance is about answering the questions asked to you in a debate.

Most importantly, the answers you have to give needs to be related to the questions!!

Who cares; you actually think people give a shit? If reality and rational matter politics wouldn't be in the state that it is in today. Optics, stagemenshiop, etc. is what matters for the vast majority.

1st debate it was the same shit but she won, 2nd debate same shit he won. She came across as weak, she seemed passive and just let him control it.

Some of these posts are a depressing reminder of how apathetic people can be towards others, even on Neogaf. If you seriously think Trump won and are voting for him, you're either extremely ignorant or just don't care about the wellbeing of other people. This isn't like a normal debate where you have two evenly matched candidates, no, this election is between a women fit for president and a sexist, raciest, homophobic monster.

Trump is actual living evidence of the political theory about people being totally willing to accept a dictator (even via democratic vote) because of fear and misinformation. Not that surprising.

Trump called Hillary out on pretty much all of her fuck ups over the last 30 years. Which highlighted how are government has been awful for at least the last 30 years. That guaranteed my vote for him tonight. He's not part of the establishment. Trump certainly isn't my first choice, and frankly he's at the bottom of the list, but he represents change.

Hmmm "change" that sounds fairly. Oh yeah we supposedly had 8 years of that! Now look who we're voting for.

Ok, but even if you remove "jail time," they would still face a career ending experience which she has not. A lot of people feel that is due to her position in politics and who she knows. It's a huge disconnect with the American public that some try to sweep under the rug as a "whatever."

It's not "whatever", but what else is there to talk about after the FBI reprimanded her greatly? They already said she was "extremely careless", what other repercussions should there be? And be mindful that the other choice here is Donald Trump. Nothing about the e-mail scandal is in the same stratosphere as what Trump does or has done.

Trump called Hillary out on pretty much all of her fuck ups over the last 30 years. Which highlighted how are government has been awful for at least the last 30 years. That guaranteed my vote for him tonight. He's not part of the establishment. Trump certainly isn't my first choice, and frankly he's at the bottom of the list, but he represents change.

Hmmm "change" that sounds fairly. Oh yeah we supposedly had 8 years of that! Now look who we're voting for.

Did you really buy into this whole "you were a senator! Why didn't you do it!" shit? Because you probably do already know one senator alone does not single-handedly conjure policy from the ether.

Con_Smith

Banned
GAFers saying he won make me feel sad to be a GAFer. Did we watch the same debate? He didn't win shit. He admitted to not paying taxes, would jail Hillary if he became President.

I'd rather not have an authoritarian President, thanks.

Honestly let's me know feeble minds can be influenced anywhere. Expectation so low, the fact he didn't grab pussies or sputter nigger is enough to throw him a W.

Trump looked ridiculous, none of his answers made sense and people are going to be talking about how he whined to the mods and hovered too close to Hillary when she was speaking.

Hillary did a remarkable job staying on message despite all that.

This won't slow Trump's descent. It might actually speed it up.

Anyone that thinks Pence won because of his demeanor, can not in good conscience say Trump won. His demeanor was disgusting, and I don't know if he answered any of the questions directly. And he promised to put his opponent in jail. I'm not a moderate, honestly I hate Donald Trump, but its hard for me to imagine someone more moderate than me wasn't terrified by that statement.

I do think Hillary got too caught up by his attacks, so I guess by that metric Trump accomplished something.

Afrikan

damn from that tweet...maybe I'm late!

CuYA5goW8AAL-t9.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
People need to dig into Trump for directly telling Clinton that he plans to put her in prison.
That's shit a dictator does!

Permanently A

Trump was a miracle worker tonight.

He completely flipped the script from his audio tape to the emails and then proceeded to bash Hillary with almost every single question.

Hillary didn't pressure Trump enough and her answers (Abe Lincoln) were weak at times but had the better quality answers overall.

What should have been a bloodbath for Trump ended up being a fairly even battle.

Zia

Is this satire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom