• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
He was incoherent for 40 minutes
He didnt describe any policy
He lied at an incredible rate
He hurled insults and interruptions
He suggested he would have her political opponent jailed

If any of you think he won, you are either insane or you watch too much anime
TRUMP LOSES. CNN POLL

DikpSPT.jpg

ivqILJd.jpg

XPdqq7q.jpg
DYrJ78a.jpg

DrBo42

Conway is a lunatic...like I actually think she has a serious psychiatric disorder. She needs to seek help.

She's basically a hybrid of a defense attorney and a propaganda officer. Not sure what you guys are expecting. It's her job.

TyrantII

Give me a break please. I'm saying it was expected that coming into this debate Trump was gonna get nuked and fall apart. If you want to go back in time and act like that was a different perspective go ahead. What are you on exactly, i.e what is your point cause I still don't know, can you please state it?

I have said again and again: Trump came into this as a wounded animal, was down, people are calling for him to drop out, etc. Clinton should have destroyed him by all metrics and the fact of the matter is at best it was a draw, grading on the Trump curve, i.e. he won via the expectation game.

Why are you trying to twist this?

Does it mean she is going to lose, nope, does it mean I'm wavering, nope not at all. Just talking about the debate and expectations.

Not shitting yourself is not winning. Even when the media is so keyed in on optics.

Polling is already showing it. And the long week of picking apart the lie after lie should be fun.

Supposedly proof the Pence is trying/tried to back out of the Trump campaign after the video got out. I guess we'll see tonight/tomorrow if they actually did get anything to press, because I haven't seen any news coverage mention it yet.
It just seems too far fetched. It would probably galvanize his followers.

Izuna

Banned
Damnit, will have to watch this after University, so around the time Vic Berger or SNL do a skit since I fell asleep again.

Just saying, I've seen a headline or two and it sounds like Trump went batshit crazy.

This was pretty fascinating.

Clinton's strategy was an interesting appeal to normalcy. Instead of getting too much in a pissing match with Trump, she tried to focus on answering the question for the most part and brushing off Trump's accusations. Her aim was definitely to make her campaign seem like it was above the shitshow of this election, that she was putting policy over reality TV show antics and that even if she could demolish Trump she would abstain from it for the sake of decency. It's an interesting angle, and it aims to directly counter Trump when he draws out claims like "she has lot of evil in her heart" and such and such.

Meanwhile Trump was kinda more of the same, but definitely a bit more refined. He was able to stick it to Clinton on a couple of key points regarding the emails and her connections with billionaire doners. But he definitely weakened a bit as the debate moved on and got utterly destroyed during the foreign policy segment.

Overall I can't really call a winner, depends on whether Clinton's strategy appeals to voters. The CNN poll is encouraging, but I'll wait for a few more.

Elandyll

Banned
How does she sleep at night.
She probably tries to rationalize by thinking it's her "job", but when Trump loses she will still have to live with having defended his horrible statements and positions, and I hope it'll haunt her professionally for a good long time.

It is a real fucking thing. He is graded on a curve, he has been this entire cycle. He isn't a politician, etc. You serious?

I'm not talking about his campaign, why are you having such a hard time with that. I'm talking about one thing, the debate. Nothing more. Stop moving this to something else.

At some point this "curve" has to yield results. If you give him a win on some bullshit curve you've fabricated in your head, yet polls say she won, undecideds say she won, and post-debate talk on every network other than Fox is on his negatives, and again, he failed to grow his base, what exactly does that kind of win even matter? At some point is it just not really a win, no matter how bad you want it to be?

Your stance is basically "The Patriots beat the Browns by 20, but the Browns are a joke and everyone was expecting them to lose by 50 so it's really a win for Cleveland on the "Browns Curve". It's stupid as fuck.

Amir0x

Banned
Pretensed by the fact that the poll was primarily made up of democratic voters.

um these polls are considered quite a good gauge of the reaction to the debates. Same poll in first debate from CNN was universally used as proof of her victory.

Debate watchers happen to be more Democratic. So, if we're talking about polling what people who actually watched the debate felt, it is only their opinion that matters. It is not the polls fault less Republicans watch. You can't poll people who did not watch the debate. Naturally the poll is going to reflect the sample percentage. Do you understand how this poll works?

The things he said were idiotic and prove for the millionth time he doesn't know the issues, doesn't know world events or how things work. Just saw a clip of the, "We have to make sure Muslims report hatred" line. Like, what the fuck are you even talking about? Clueless.

Wallach

At some point this "curve" has to yield results. If you give him a win on some bullshit curve you've fabricated in your head, yet polls say she won, undecideds say she won, and post-debate talk on every network other than Fox is on his negatives, and again, he failed to grow his base, what exactly does that kind of win even matter? At some point is it just not really a win, no matter how bad you want it to be?

he'll be a fantastic loser, the best loser, tremendous, you have no idea how great of a loser he was

Maengun1

I told y'all you were bedwetting for nothing over Trump "winning" tonight. He was unhinged even FOR HIM, and I watch far too much of him so I know this shit.

Cmagus

It just seems too far fetched. It would probably galvanize his followers.

He just posted an update post:

"Update: Pence posted a tweet supporting Donald- we kept the evidence tight cuz we expected him to do this. Heavier hit on pence now. #debate"

So it's pretty much false until something is provided.

Lol, Clinton News Network, eh? Actually, a lot of people have really gone into this idea that CNN Is some kind of highly liberal network. They really aren't. Overall, they are pretty conservative.

They're worse than leaning one way or the other with the constant "both sides get exposure" bs. If some dumb fuck is spouting bullshit you call them, not simply give them a free mic like cnn does and present them as some viable alternative.

Barzul

You guys got to give Kellyanne credit. She's working with Donald Trump possibly the worst candidate in presidential history and is finding a way to defend him. She's basically a real life Olivia Pope.

I want to have just one piece of clothing in my wardrobe that I could rock with as much confidence as Ken Bone does with his sweater.

What an inspiration.

Steel

Banned
Lol, Clinton News Network, eh? Actually, a lot of people have really gone into this idea that CNN Is some kind of highly liberal network. They really aren't. Overall, they are pretty conservative.

They're not conservative either. They're biased toward ratings. But people will see in them what they hate no matter what because they try to please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom