• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #2 |Washington University| Grab me right in the Ken Bone

Who won?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

I knew it would be a non-story. WaPo hyping it up for the clicks and the high visibility. What we need is another oppo research dump. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday.

this isn't likely to happen until closer to the third debate

new "bombs" would either come from media digging, or out of the GOP who have to move much more quickly right now

Media

I watched but wasn't able to like, live tweet it because of mom duty.

I couldn't believe some the shit that Trump said. 'It's just words.' 'Sure it was bad, but what about ISIS.' (Which would only be a marginally valid point if the people saying it was awful were also cheerleaders for ISIS, so nope, you suck) His random segues into his stump speech that made no sense to avoid answering questions, his constant interrupting of Hillary, the sniffing...

And finally, the fucking WHINING. He was like a toddler stomping his foot. 'She went 20 seconds over! She can respond but not me? (after he already had a response, cause he doesn't understand how this shit works) . Just constant whining. Oh yeah, dudes a real 'alpha'.

On a hilarious side note:

XnY6Lxj.png

A guy like Donald Trump getting 40 percent of the country to vote for him as president of the United States is deeply troubling for me personally.

Okay, well, your language was just weird there. 'Definitely winning' isn't really compatible with 'too close for comfort.'

.JayZii

Banned
The next few weeks are going to be wild.

I assume the next avalanche of verbal trump detritus will surface a few days before the last debate.

Mahonay

Banned
With all the stuff happening it would be a pretty crappy time to drop a bombshell anyway. Unless you are worried about getting scooped.
Well after tonight it feels pretty obvious that the Access Hollywood tape didn't do much to deter his supporters, who are actually buying into the "locker room talk" horse shit.

I think it's time to drop another bomb on this scumbag.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Well after tonight it feels pretty obvious that the Access Hollywood tape didn't do much to deter his supporters, who are actually buying into the "locker room talk" horse shit.

Leak the n-bomb tape!

"His supporters" won't be affected by any bombshells. We need to quit framing all of these discussions around his hardcore supporters, who are obviously never going to be deterred by anything.

Short of women actually coming forward, I don't think any kind of bombshell will deter supporters.

kevin1025

Banned
The next few weeks are going to be wild.

I assume the next avalanche of verbal trump detritus will surface a few days before the last debate.

It's already begun. They're calling for the debate co-chairman to step down or they aren't doing the third debate.

Mahonay

Banned
"His supporters" won't be affected by any bombshells. We need to quit framing all of these discussions around his hardcore supporters, who are obviously never going to be deterred by anything.
I just struggle to believe 35-40 percent of our nation are hardcore Trump believers. It's hard for me to cope with.

Supast4r

I just struggle to believe 35-40 percent of our nation are hardcore Trump believers. It's hard for me to cope with.
They aren't. They have been fed by conservative media that Hillary is the devil for decades. They vote trump because they think he is the lesser of two evils and he has a R next to him.

I don't think it's that high. I think maybe 15% are hardcore Trump supporters, the rest are voting for him because they hate Hillary or are just voting along party lines.

mjp2417

Banned

His supporters don't matter at this point. He's already lost the election, but releasing everything right now gives down-ballot Republicans more time to disentangle themselves from him. The closer these come out to November, the harder it is for them to escape. This is about the House and Senate now, not the White House.

Pastry

Banned

Those loons are baked in, won't lose them. It's about everyone else

Tansut

35-40 percent of our nation has been, is, and always will be, incredibly stupid. Be it because of poor education, upbringing, environment, etc. Just the way it is.

Mahonay

Banned
They aren't. They have been fed by conservative media that Hillary is the devil for decades. They vote trump because they think he is the lesser of two evils and he has a R next to him.

I don't think it's that high. I think maybe 15% are hardcore Trump supporters, the rest are voting for him because they hate Hillary or are just voting along party lines.

Those loons are baked in, won't lose them. It's about everyone else
Yeah I suppose all of the above is true.

Been drinking. Couldn't watch that shit sober.

those were all undecided voters? how is any black, muslim or female undecided? i mean i guess unless they are saying we're either going to vote hillary or 3rd party.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Y'all need to go out more. It's depressing but hardly surprising that trump got this far.
Not really surrounded by dumbfucks out here, but I guess that's just one of the many benefits of not living in one of the shitstain areas Trump's base comes from.

Jombie

What's kind of astonishing about this is that his female supporters have such a seemingly low bar for men that casually talking about sexual assault is deemed 'locker room talk.' which is sexist in itself. This wasn't Trump, in private, talking about some broad he banged - - he was talking to some entertainment reporter asshole about forcing himself on women and getting away with it because he's rich.

He should be fucking done - no more debates, zero chance at ending up in the white house but here we are. In my 32 years, this is by far the most frightened I've been to be an American.

Jeffrey

Not really surrounded by dumbfucks out here, but I guess that's just one of the many benefits of not living in one of the shitstain areas Trump's base comes from.

I love going to state and national parks, and you do drive past some of the more rural parts of the nation and I can easily see where time hasn't 'advanced' for certain parts of the country.

Can't expect the whole country to be nyc or Sf or something.

Jeffrey

What's kind of astonishing about this is that his female supporters have such a seemingly low bar for men that casually talking about sexual assault is deemed 'locker room talk.' which is sexist in itself. This wasn't Trump, in private, talking about some broad he banged - - he was talking to some entertainment reporter asshole about forcing himself on women and getting away with it because he's rich.

He should be fucking done - no more debates, zero chance at ending up in the white house but here we are. In my 32 years, this is by far the most frightened I've been to be an American.

With statistics like 1/5 of women experience sexual assault in their lives, it's hard to be surprised :(

Davide

IMO Hillary should have skipped the last two debates or at least this one. Being on stage with him gives him too much legitimacy still at this point.

Mahonay

Banned
I love going to state and national parks, and you do drive past some of the more rural parts of the nation and I can easily see where time hasn't 'advanced' for certain parts of the country.

Can't expect the whole country to be nyc or Sf or something.
I guess I just hoped acceptance of this kind of severe racism and misogyny wasn't so wide spread. But as Trump would say...WRONG!

MikeDown

Banned
One of the most frustrating things for me to listen too during this debate was the topic of Syria. Neither candidate has a clear understand of the situation, nor is competent enough to deal with it. Hillary is a disillusion war-hawk and Trump's solution is to blame Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom