• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Jb

I had a fun moment yesterday where a mimic was resting on a toilet, I shot it and the whole toilet got overflown with black goo.

I think that was scripted. The one with a wrench stuck in the toilet?
I bet Shawn Elliott did this, fucking scat freak.

Skulldead

Ok i'm stuck, in the powerplant, with the big door with no hacking possible, i need a card or something or a alternative route. I'm been searching for 45 mins. Can put the answer on a spoil tag :) .

Thank you !

DocSeuss

Ok i'm stuck, in the powerplant, with the big door with no hacking possible, i need a card or something or a alternative route. I'm been searching for 45 mins. Can put the answer on a spoil tag :) .

Thank you !

If you're in the middle of the computer reboot, iirc, you have to press a button on the computer terminal screen to get it to open. I left too early and had to go back and click 'ok' or something

psychotron

So Bethesda is saying console patches are hopefully coming next week. No word on what they'll do. I'm already hours into the XBone version, but I'm loving it so much I may give the PS4 Pro version a go if they fix the lag and maybe add supersampling.

Voidwolf

So I'm playing on PC and I'm happy to say the game has been running super well for me other than the rare stutter here and there, not enough to affect my enjoyment of the game. I left off at the Arboretum last time I played. Been busy with work all week so I decided to wait until this weekend before I continue as I want to be able to sit down and play for a while uninterrupted.

However, I read yesterday that some players had encountered a save corrupting bug that continued to pop up even after loading backups. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is the cause known and is there a way to avoid it? I've put many hours into the game, I've been taking my time, thoroughly exploring every area I can before progressing with main objectives and it would really suck to have to start over.

mbpm1

However, I read yesterday that some players had encountered a save corrupting bug that continued to pop up even after loading backups. Has anyone encountered this issue? Is the cause known and is there a way to avoid it? I've put many hours into the game, I've been taking my time, thoroughly exploring every area I can before progressing with main objectives and it would really suck to have to start over.

That's supposed to be fixed in the patch that came out yesterday

It's there. Ending spoilers:
If you choose to blow up the station, a countdown timer should start and you'll have that much time to get to the shuttle bay. I'm not exactly sure why you don't get the opportunity to escape after doing the nullwave, but presumably it's because the station is safe at that point so there's no need for it.

I see, but what i meant is that there should be an option to just say
"fuck alla this, jan/alex can trigger the thing if he wants
" and hop onto the shuttle with your pals. A la escape pod.

psychotron

I keep having this problem (xbone) i thought my controller was broken. Is this a bug?

Okay, so what's skating? The only issue I'm having on XBone is when I'm in my inventory, if I try to eat an item, the button doesn't seem to register. I'll hit X a bunch of times and nothing happens, then all the sudden he eats two of the item. Odd and a bit annoying, but nothing major.

FaintDeftone

Do the enemies get any more fun to fight? As of right now that's the biggest complaint I have about the game. I'm just not having any fun with the enemy encounters at all.

noomi

Cleared the
arboretum this morning, and about to head into the Crew Quarters for the first time.

Not sure how far long I am, anyone care to comment?

Also, GUTS area sucks, by far my least favorite.

Do the enemies get any more fun to fight? As of right now that's the biggest complaint I have about the game. I'm just not having any fun with the enemy encounters at all.

Telepaths, Technopaths, Weavers, and even the elite Phantoms (Thermal, Voltaic, Etheric) force you to change tactics during combat

KorrZ

Exploring the Crew Quarters is my favourite part of the game so far. It's really cool how well they flesh out the crew over time.

I found Calvino's room very touching once I realized what the looking glass scene was...

KingKong

was the
phantom appearing on the elevator
a scripted event? it happened to me the first I used it, which makes sense, but I would have expected it to be random after and it only happened that one time

Lijik

was the
phantom appearing on the elevator
a scripted event? it happened to me the first I used it, which makes sense, but I would have expected it to be random after and it only happened that one time
i believe its a scripted one time event but when it happens is random. it happened on my fifth time

Wait, why is the game reviewed much lower on ps4 than xbone?

And I just figured it out after starting the download! How do I cancel the purchase?

Noooooo

BeeDog

I received my PS4 copy from the UK, and it seems I cannot redeem the Cosmonaut Shotgun Pack on my Swedish PSN account :(

I don't have a UK PSN account and would love a Swedish/EU code that I can register to my current account. Anyone wants to trade codes?

Thanks in advance.

Wait, why is the game reviewed much lower on ps4 than xbone?

And I just figured it out after starting the download! How do I cancel the purchase?

Noooooo

It's because of the input lag and drifting on the ps4. Other than that, I think they play the same. Hopefully, both issues should be fixed by next week. The input lag can be adapted to, and the drifting is pretty minor. As for canceling your purchase, if you are from the US it's pretty hard for people to get refunds. It's an all sales final, think. Don't know about the rules elsewhere.

It's because of the input lag and drifting on the ps4. Other than that, I think they play the same. Hopefully, both issues should be fixed by next week. The input lag can be adapted to, and the drifting is pretty minor. As for canceling your purchase, if you are from the US it's pretty hard for people to get refunds. It's an all sales final, think. Don't know about the rules elsewhere.
Next week

Next week I have completed the game

What a bummer

I think the patch coming next week is just the same as the current PC patch addressing save issues and such, no? Or has there been word on this iteration also addressing the PS4 control issues?

PS: Sorry for always only posting about patches in here, but I still really fucking want the game but haven't bought it yet so I'm just lurking around waiting for patch news to give me the greenlight to run and buy it haha

Pygrus

25 hours in and I still don't feel like I'm anywhere close to the end. This game would be my GoTY so far if BoTW didn't exist.

psychotron

I think the patch coming next week is just the same as the current PC patch addressing save issues and such, no? Or has there been word on this iteration also addressing the PS4 control issues?

PS: Sorry for always only posting about patches in here, but I still really fucking want the game but haven't bought it yet so I'm just lurking around waiting for patch news to give me the greenlight to run and buy it haha

I hear you. I was able to make it a few days, but eventually caved and bought the XBone version. There's times where I would appreciate a bump to 1080P, but overall, I'm really loving the game. I may sell or trade my bone copy and get the PS4 version for a second play through if they fix the input lag.

Jb

Holy crap just encountered the
nightmare
for the first time. The way it
crawls around to get through doors and hallways
is creepy as fuck.

Jaraghan

I'm 5 hours in (reached the exterior of the place) and this game is blowing me the fuck away. From little details in the environment, easter eggs, the amount of ways to approach combat and getting to places, the crazy story, unique weapons, backstory on the crew and hacking into emails. It's my dream game of Bioshock, Deus Ex, System Shock and Dead Space mixed into one. I loved BOTW, but this will probably be my GOTY.

What do I do with bracelets? They aren't auto selected when recycling, and I can't interact with them.

I hear you. I was able to make it a few days, but eventually caved and bought the XBone version. There's times where I would appreciate a bump to 1080P, but overall, I'm really loving the game. I may sell or trade my bone copy and get the PS4 version for a second play through if they fix the input lag.

Sadly, Base PS4 is my only option. Really wish I could get this on PC (that's right, suck my d***, IGN) actually since I enjoyed the way System Shock 2 handled back in the day.

Unrelated, Motörhead is one of my favorite bands.

Endgame stuff: How the fuck do I get
Dahl safely to the medical bay? He keeps miraculously dying by the time I get there even though I'm still dragging his stupid ass.
Is this just glitched or what?

Finished with
Cargo Bay
. The fight was easier than expected.

I could continue, but I have a full week of finals so maybe when I have the time :p

kami_sama

Fuck Windows 10 automatic driver updates.
Just updated my Nvidia driver to the fucked up one, now I'll have to downgrade.

Edit: It seems there is a new driver fixing the Prey issue, will install that one instead.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Endgame stuff: How the fuck do I get
Dahl safely to the medical bay? He keeps miraculously dying by the time I get there even though I'm still dragging his stupid ass.
Is this just glitched or what?

You don't have to do anything, just knock him out and leave. Igwe retrieves and him and brings him to surgical bay.

You don't have to do anything, just knock him out and leave. Igwe retrieves and him and brings him to surgical bay.

I finally got it. What was happening was I would keep trying to bring him there and he'd keep inexplicably dying on the way for literally no reason.

mbpm1

Am I doing something wrong? Is there no easy way to kill a ??? monster? One of those keep wrecking me

This game is too hard

a ??? monster is just a monster you don't know about yet. We don't know which one you're referring to. Is it the fire monster in the trauma center?

mbpm1

Eh nope

Its a monster that can duplicate itself, hitting it with wrench does minimal damage

Btw, is there no easy way to repair the suit?

You repair the suit with a suit repair kit. You should find those well, in a lot of places. Or you can talk to an engineering operator and those will repair your suit for free.

saunderez

So, (spoilers near when you get the psychoscope) the
touch screen calibration
part scared the shit out of me and legitimately hurt my feelings.
Totally got me too. And I'm not normally the type of person who falls for that but I'm on edge all the time in this game.

Top Bottom