• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

Moff

Eh nope

Its a monster that can duplicate itself, hitting it with wrench does minimal damage

Btw, is there no easy way to repair the suit?

monsters with questions marks are enemies you have not scanned, yet, so you don't know what they are called
after the first scan they should be named

also: the ability psycho shock makes the game way easier, as it does not only to quite some damage but prevents enemies from using special abilities, which are what make them hard.
however, you need to scan plenty of enemies to get that ability

I think you are meant to either sneak/run past enemies in the first third of the game, after you scanned them, you are supposed to feel weak. after you scanned plenty of enemies you have many powerful new abilities that make the game a lot easier.
if you really want to get them down early I suggest using turrets and recycler grenades.

Lijik

gotta agree that psychoshock is pretty handy even at lvl1 especially when combined with mindjack
which you need to rescue mind controlled crewmates
. Saved me a lot of confrontation late game when i just wanted to loot an office in peace or get some typhon off my back. My confrontations with telepaths before and after getting those abilities are night and day

Xe4

Banned
I killed January as soon as he spawned. The game just kept going.

Interesting how that affected the December quest.

Yeah, when I first met
January
, I saved and killed her as well, to see what would happen.
I got an achievement, lol.

Bloody hell, that
Looking Glass calibration
jumpscare!

Wonder how the Looking Glasses (That unsubtle nod tho) and Dishonored 2's time lens thing worked. Is it some sort of High-Resolution Render Target camera or something? But yet that explanation wouldn't make sense, as the other side of the glass looks like it's actually there in 3D space instead of being a flat live-texture.

munroe

Man, that bit in the power plant
where you open the door and a body just falls towards you, scared the crap out of me, probably more than the green spot did

Bloody hell, that
jumpscare!

Wonder how the Looking Glasses (That unsubtle nod tho) and Dishonored 2's time lens thing worked. Is it some sort of High-Resolution Render Target camera or something? But yet that explanation wouldn't make sense, as the other side of the glass looks like it's actually there in 3D space instead of being a flat live-texture.

Magic.

Granjinha

Guys,

About the Black Box sidequest.

I got the key from the guy's corpse in G.U.T.S but the door to the labs are locked (no energy) and i can't force them open even with max leverage and can't use the keycard because it's offline. Hints? Can i turn the power back on in hardware labs? Haven't found the switch.

EDIT: Forget it. Just found the switch. :p

Bloody hell, that
jumpscare!

is kinda fascinating that the game has tech as cool as that, but mirrors don't work.

I love how flawed all the Yu's are

Particularly like how you start the game being wary of Alex and, by the end of it,
you come to realize that he's kind of the least reprehensible Yu there is.
. "Breaking convention is in our blood" indeed.

Fought my first
poltergeist
tonight, fuck those things were scary when I didn't know what was happening.

Is there any function to the tracking bracelets you find (except being able to track them..)?

DeaDPo0L84

Confession...i did the recycling glitch :/. I then immediately felt bad and loaded an older save. Yea don't do it, felt instantly bad and realized it would suck all the survival aspects out of it.

None. Feel free to recycle them. Carried
Bellamy's and Alex's
in my inventory for large parts of the game. Never a point. Ended up leaving them in Morgan's office.
Cool, thanks. I carried one around for a while but now I've just left them since I figured I can always go back if I end up needing one for some reason.

malfcn

Confession...i did the recycling glitch :/. I then immediately felt bad and loaded an older save. Yea don't do it, felt instantly bad and realized it would suck all the survival aspects out of it.

I did it too. Haven't taken advantage of it yet. I can't remember how sparse resources were before. Am I a terrible person?

I'm doing it right now. But I'm going to save the file until after I beat the game legit. My next run will be crazy OP. Nothing will stop me!! All neuro and psy mods unlocked. With loads of ammo.

Lijik

I'm doing it right now. But I'm going to save the file until after I beat the game legit. My next run will be crazy OP. Nothing will stop me!! All neuro and psy mods unlocked. With loads of ammo.
im doing doing the same thing. I prepped a save after finishing the game so i can do a balls out run somewhere down the line

shiba5

Anyone use the skill that creates a Phantom from a corpse? It keeps the corpse's name so last night I had Christopher and Penny following me around and helping me out.
Pretty funny.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Bloody hell, that
jumpscare!

Its the future of our tv sets. 3d like the 3ds but with resolution so high its like looking through a crystal clear window. I'm ready to put my preorder for one down.

mbpm1

Anyone use the skill that creates a Phantom from a corpse? It keeps the corpse's name so last night I had Christopher and Penny following me around and helping me out.
Pretty funny.

I used it, it's pretty awesome. Too bad the civilian I needed to talk to shot Jia dead

selfnoise

Any tips for doing a run with no Typhon mods? I just feel weird about installing them. Also I hate to leave my friends the turrets behind. I've invested most in repair and recycling skills thus far.

nowai

Any tips for doing a run with no Typhon mods? I just feel weird about installing them. Also I hate to leave my friends the turrets behind. I've invested most in repair and recycling skills thus far.

My first run was human only on nightmare difficulty and loved it.

Sneak attack upgraded shotgun blast pretty much one shots phantoms. Upgraded efficiency and duration stun gun is low key godlike. EMP nades for the shock phantoms and NULL nades for weavers makes them chumps.

Also fully upgrading your run and jump speed make you feel like a super hero.

I played 90% of the game with the shotgun and stun gun. The upgraded stun gun sneak attack one shots operators and makes telepaths a joke.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So I take it you can't actually reach some of the outside areas you can see from the inside? One of the named phantoms (the)
director
in the
hardware labs
spawned on the other side of the unbreakable glass in his office and I can't find his office outside the station either. Had a another random phantom teleport through the floor by the airlock too. Hope this stuff gets patched soon. That guy had a key card too :/

I did it too. Haven't taken advantage of it yet. I can't remember how sparse resources were before. Am I a terrible person?

I played most of the game with the glitch. But I made way too much. I made about 60,000 of each type of element when all you really need to get through the game is one block of 10,000 of each element.

It's worth noting I'm not the biggest fan of survival gameplay, so....

DeaDPo0L84

Haha no, you paid the money so play how you want :). For me one of the fun aspects was being in an area and being short on ammo and having to scavenge in order to craft supplies and then plan a route to a recycler/fabricator. With infinite supplies pretty much all that is lost. They are gonna patch it, already have on PC, so I'm gonna stick my 2K of each material in my safe and then go nuts post game.

Its the future of our tv sets. 3d like the 3ds but with resolution so high its like looking through a crystal clear window. I'm ready to put my preorder for one down.

it's more than that. Looking glass takes each user's viewing angle into account.

Also i do hope that people remember to look up in the pilot's lodge in shuttle bay.

Guys I give up, this game is totally broken. I feel like I'm near the end, but it keeps crashing every time it loads. I've reverted and lost lots of progress (many times), yet it dies at the exact same spot and won't proceed.

I'm so frustrated. I want to love this game, but it is SOOOO broken right now on Xbox One. This is probably the buggiest game I've played; can't believe it passed cert like this.

See you after a patch...

Edit: It was fine for about 20 hours, then completely broke... Best of luck to all of you when you get later in the game.

psychotron

Guys I give up, this game is totally broken. I feel like I'm near the end, but it keeps crashing every time it loads. I've reverted and lost lots of progress (many times), yet it dies at the exact same spot and won't proceed.

I'm so frustrated. I want to love this game, but it is SOOOO broken right now on Xbox One. This is probably the buggiest game I've played; can't believe it passed cert like this.

See you after a patch...

Edit: It was fine for about 20 hours, then completely broke... Best of luck to all of you when you get later in the game.

Would you rate it 4/10? On a serious note, I'm 8 hours into XB1. I'm scared.

Would you rate it 4/10? On a serious note, I'm 8 hours into XB1. I'm scared.

While I understand the joke, I couldn't review a game in this state. If it NEVER get's fixed, yes it would be a 4/10 because I can't play it. We all know that's not the case, and I really do like the game.

Good luck to you. I'm pretty ticked I can't keep playing.

psychotron

While I understand the joke, I couldn't review a game in this state. If it NEVER get's fixed, yes it would be a 4/10 because I can't play it. We all know that's not the case, and I really do like the game.

Good luck to you. I'm pretty ticked I can't keep playing.

Do you have multiple saves? I have all 10 slots filled just in case and keep overwriting in order.

Do you have multiple saves? I have all 10 slots filled just in case and keep overwriting in order.

Yes, many. I went hours back, and it won't let me proceed once I get to the exact same part in the story. Reverting doesn't fix anything, it's inevitable. Again, YMMV... but this game is all sorts of busted at the moment.

So people don't get mad: I really like the game, but it is a total disaster technically (like way worse than a bethesda RPG).

psychotron

Yes, many. I went hours back, and it won't let me proceed once I get to the exact same part in the story. Reverting doesn't fix anything, it's inevitable. Again, YMMV... but this game is all sorts of busted at the moment.

So people don't get mad: I really like the game, but it is a total disaster technically (like way worse than a bethesda RPG).

That sucks man, I'm sorry. Patch supposedly next week so don't give up yet.

XaosWolf

How jump scary is this game? I want to play it due to a week off from school but don't want stress lol.

The Mimics are the ones that try and jumpscare you but it quickly loses its effect and if not then you get an item that allows you to spot them first.

Apart from that there are only 3 other just flat out jumpscare moments that I can think of. (One of them is kind of a cheap shot that isn't even a threat)

is kinda fascinating that the game has tech as cool as that, but mirrors don't work.

Particularly like how you start the game being wary of Alex and, by the end of it,
you come to realize that he's kind of the least reprehensible Yu there is.
. "Breaking convention is in our blood" indeed.

I know it is for technical reasons but imagine if mirrors were ID locked to only appear as mirrors to the correct transcribe ID.

That is how I get around it in my head canon haha.

Perineum

If we don't get a legit Bloodborne 2 or new souls game from From, then I can't imagine any game topping this one this year in terms of atmosphere and world building.

I can't stop dwelling on just how well made this game is. It deserved a better reception than what it got in its first days.

Top Bottom