• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prima Games advertises "HD screenshots" for Final Fantasy XII in new guide book set

They are from Another Place. A realm we cannot enter, not without imperfect courage. Otherwise we will be overcome by our shadow-selves and remain forever in a prison of fear.

Do not be lured by its light.

Isn't the existence of such a box set a hint itself? Why would they make a box set for two games that were recently rereleased and one that is 9 years old?

bodine1231

If they do a remake of 12,all I as is that they allow to us to toggle the X axis! FF12 is the only mainline Final Fantasy I never completed because they left that option out and I just couldn't wrap my brain around that camera control.

I want to believe. However, I don't notice any actual differences between the two aside from the brightness and the HD screens being upscaled.

Will contain hype at a reasonable level.

wmlk

Are these the same guys who released that terrible FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX guides not too long ago?

If so, nothing to see here folks.

Peff

Kw011sg.png

Sounds like better capture equipment. Plus it's coming in November and there's no fucking way they wouldn't have announced it by now.

Human_me

This is from the page about XII.

Final Fantasy XII Official Game Guide:
The updated Collector's Edition FINAL FANTASY XII guide features a revised interior design, brand-new HD screenshots, and comes in at 352 pages.

Here's a closer look at a new HD screenshot (shown first) vs. the orginal screenshot:

EDIT: Beaten.

Kw011sg.png

Sounds like better capture equipment. Plus it's coming in November and there's no fucking way they wouldn't have announced it by now.

This is admittedly no way the best comparison to make as FFXII is an eastern game compared to a western game.

...But Square Enix did announce AND release Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PS4 and Xbox One within six weeks.

It's not gonna happen with FFXII, but that scenario has happened before. And its happened before at Square Enix, put it like that.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Nevermind. I realized that the angle was more different than I thought.

Koobion

I was at the concert in Pittsburgh when Arnie Roth said that they're doing a remastering of 12, so I certainly believe it.

naitosan

Only CGI cutscene from FFXII get HD treatment (with sharpen filter or emulator) but nothing from gameplay so I'm not getting my hopes up.

But I'd love me some HD remastered of FFXII

Peff

This is admittedly no way the best comparison to make as FFXII is an eastern game compared to a western game.

...But Square Enix did announce AND release Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PS4 and Xbox One within six weeks.

It's not gonna happen with FFXII, but that scenario has happened before. And its happened before at Square Enix, put it like that.

It did, but TR had January for itself, a big-ish place for its announcement and a full PR cycle with good reviews earlier that year. In this case they would have skipped TGS for no real reason and they'd release the game in the middle of the RoTR/Fallout/CoD storm. It'd be lovely for it to have such a small window between announcement and release but I bet they'll make us wait months when it finally happens, haha.

Bousf

FFXIIHD has to be happening, even if not anytime soon. Arnie Roth + Fran PAK + This guide surfacing now with "HD Screenshots"

Too many pointers, even if you take the sceeenshots out, the freaking Roth spill is more than enough.

artsi

I don't believe a bit that they're not remastering XII, but it's not because of this "HD" screenshot.

Top Bottom