• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prima Games advertises "HD screenshots" for Final Fantasy XII in new guide book set

libregkd

Uh, did X have new CG cutscenes too?
If I recall correctly it didn't. They upscaled the CGI cutscenes (and I think cleaned them up a bit? Not sure.) that were in the original release and then cropped the image so that it would fit the aspect ratio. It's the same thing they did with the KH collections iirc and is something I'd expect them to do again here.

Bousf

Uh, did X have new CG cutscenes too?
This is what I was thinking. CGI cutscenes on FFX HD Remaster looked pretty much the same, only brighter and upscaled. What would give us 100% assurance would obviously be an in-game screenshot, too bad there isn't any on their post xD

Faustek

uhm...doesn't really look "HD" to me. The only solace I can take away is that Prima has that box set for XII as well.

Will keep on believing.

I wish Square would just announce the damn thing so I can move on with my life. Because I can't. I need this game on a current system. I think about it every day. Every day I wonder if it's the day it's finally going to get announced.

I'm not kidding :(

Oxn

I wish Square would just announce the damn thing so I can move on with my life. Because I can't. I need this game on a current system. I think about it every day. Every day I wonder if it's the day it's finally going to get announced.

I'm not kidding :(

Its like Im looking into a mirror.

latest

MAYBE

62KNd6L.png

Hexa

I believe. I always believe, which leaves me burned more often than not, but continue to believe I shall, for this is NeoGAF, the land of believers.

I don't care how many years away it is, I just need some peace and I won't have it until they just say "it's coming". I don't need anything from it, not even a trailer or pictures. Just something...anything!

Elios83

Of course this is going to happen eventually.Square Enix loves to make money using their old glories :p
Still choosing a CG scene to showcase differences is a bit weird, clearly they won't remake the CG videos, they will just be filtered and upscaled so there won't be many differences at all in that regard.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD’s director, Yoshinori Kitase spoke with RPGSite earlier and said, “We’ll have to wait and see if these remasters are going to be successful, first. If they do well, I think this will pave the way for more of the previous games to remade in an HD sort of quality.”

He was then asked which game he would remaster next.

“I mean, if we had to single out one of the vast number of Final Fantasy titles which we could make in HD, it would have to be Final Fantasy 12,” he said “I was not involved in the project, though, so we can’t really comment on that. What I can say though is that I hope the remastering of 10 and 10-2 will trigger similar projects for more of the past games.”

Guys, it is happening. SE is just waiting for the right time to reveal it. They already had enough to reveal/show at TGS.

My bet is Jump Festa or PSX.

One of the final fantasy games I definitely didn't give a chance. I really enjoyed the systems in place.
I found the bounty of finding the little sweet baby cactur with a flower on its head so cu- oh god its just one bombed Fran! Run Run! its going to murder us!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I think they also said "HD images!" for the re-release of the guides for VII,VIII AND IX.
Just better capturing equipment.

Bousf

Guys, it is happening. SE is just waiting for the right time to reveal it. They already had enough to reveal/show at TGS.

My bet is Jump Festa or PSX.
I join your Jump Festa bet, I really hope it happens!

That been said, they may be waiting to announce it during the 10th anniversary: 2016 and release it in 2017, which is clearly less JRPG packed. As long as it happens I really have no rush ^^

I join your Jump Festa bet, I really hope it happens!

That been said, they may be waiting to announce it during the 10th anniversary: 2016 and release it in 2017, which is clearly less JRPG packed. As long as it happens I really have no rush ^^

2016 is the year of XV since it has 10th anniversary too so i think they will announce XII HD this year to avoid it.

Any indication of HD in these guides isn't what we want anyway, because why would they re-release the guide for an HD version that includes IZJS when the guide has none of that material?

If we want IZJS, we should be hoping this guide doesn't have jack shit to do with any potential HD release.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just want to know if these guides are worth their price point. They look really good on paper, but so does almost all of SE's stuff

Minions

I just want to know if these guides are worth their price point. They look really good on paper, but so does almost all of SE's stuff

If the last boxed set (VII VIII IX) is to go by.... not only no, but hell no. They have even more issues than they had prior. Go look at the reviews on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1101898046/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That said, maybe they will put out more effort on this set since they had such a huge blowback on the last ones.... though I wouldn't count on it.

While I fully believe 12 HD is coming, it's worth noting that one of the key features of the previous VII/VIII/IX versions of these guides, the previous set, was redone screenshots for each game in a higher resolution and better capture quality than the previous print. This is the same feature set again.

The last set was diabolically shit, also. They added new screenshots to the FF7 guide, for instance, but reprinted major known errors cluelessly. They're a mess.

Lucreto

Too much coincidence for it not to be happening.

I would have put money on a TGS reveal since the FFX remaster was revealed on Sonys TGS.

Square Enix seems to be pushing the franchise more in the West with World of Final Fantasy and the Remake of FFVII so I would expect either PGW or PSX for a reveal and a March release date.

But I think in this case it's just the images are of a higher quality than in the original guides.

Seems like quite the stretch there! I understand why people want to believe, however; not only was it a fantastic game, but the fire was stoked by Arnie Roth not too long ago.

Top Bottom