• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Linius

Can't find the controller configuration setting, wanna know where's the handbrake button on the DS4 -_-'

Isn't it the X button? I only played around for a bit yesterday. But when doing the Nordschleife I wanna to go full throttle on to the straight end up to the finish and I think I made a horrible spin right at the start because I accidentally pushed down the X button in my efforts :p

patientx

I might be going with the Logitech g27 unless one of you guys has a wheel that if preforming well and is cheaper?

I bought DFGT one year ago for this game. (listened to gaf) DFGT is the absolute minimum wheel everyone would say but it performs really well, I have been playing with it since then on the PCARS. This game and also Dirt Rally worked without any change in options.

tldr: Logitech Driving Force GT (minimum entry level but OK)

caramac

Still waiting on the postman here, working on the 2 till 10 shift today so probably won't get to play till around 11pm.

Rivitur

Banned
Depending on your region, the DFGT has been very solid for me; I just bought one for Pcars specifically.
If they're similar enough in price, I don't think there's anything better than the G27 on the cheap however.

I bought DFGT one year ago for this game. (listened to gaf) DFGT is the absolute minimum wheel everyone would say but it performs really well, I have been playing with it since then on the PCARS. This game and also Dirt Rally worked without any change in options.

tldr: Logitech Driving Force GT (minimum entry level but OK)
Thanks guys just ordered the G27 since the price difference was only $60 and it had prime shipping.

veidi

Has someone FFB Settings for the TX racing Wheel on ten Xbox One?
I can´t drive with the default settings, there is no feeling of the car at all.
Didn´t even finish the qualifiying in the first event cause I was so pissed =(
Started with the Clio cup.
I should have waited for this game till it get fixed on the Xbox.

Kazdane

Started a career with the 125cc karts, then got a contract for the next class of karts which I accepted.
Next thing I know I'm doing a practice session in a clio.

Is this expected or have I missed a whole class?

Are you sure you haven't been invited to an event? :) Throughout the season you can participate in other races (if you have been invited previously) in other cars. So after the clio event, you'll be back in your brand new 250cc kart

JamboGT

Has someone FFB Settings for the TX racing Wheel on ten Xbox One?
I can´t drive with the default settings, there is no feeling of the car at all.
Didn´t even finish the qualifiying in the first event cause I was so pissed =(
Started with the Clio cup.
I should have waited for this game till it get fixed on the Xbox.

not using that but try icreasing the tire force in the force feedback calibration section to about 170 and reduce overall ffb in the settings to 50.

Bradd12

Okay so Ive played about 4 hours now so I thought I'd post some impressions.

Holy shit this game is fun.
Using a 360 controller while Im waiting for my waranty replacement Driving Force GT, and Im not having any control problems.
I've spent most of my play time in Solo Race pretty much benchmarking and rain just murders my framerate on a single GTX 680 with everythig on high/ultra.
Ive also messed around with custom liverys and started my career in karts which is fun as hell.

But all in all a solid game with the minor physics hiccup.
So excited for my wheel to come :3

Nerix

The Driving Force GT is still not compatible with the PS4, right? Really a shame, as I would really like to use a wheel for Project Cars.

danowat

Banned
Is it possible to tip a car over in PCars?

I've gotten cars up on 2 wheels alot, but not matter what, I can't seem to get them to tip over, is it possible?

ValfarHL

A friend just sharedplay me the game.Please tell me this is why I experience so much screen tearing.

Been playing 4-5 hours on PC and my 55" TV, and I haven't noticed any screen tearing at all. FPS is between 70-90. Dunno about the console versions.

SMS should add an option to lock 30 fps on consoles, it seems..

Been playing 4-5 hours on PC and my 55" TV, and I haven't noticed any screen tearing at all. FPS is between 70-90. Dunno about the console versions.

SMS should add an option to lock 30 fps on consoles, it seems..

Shareplay is only on PS4.

Edit: sorry, thought you didn't know.

v1ncelis

Loving the game but since when doing mistake and going out off track would cancel not only current lap time but next one too?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
somebody needs to make a Jogcon or negcon style controller for PC. Analogue stick is just not great for racing games.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So has anyone got the Modified Car Pack on XB1? It keeps showing it's under Bundle Only but then it doesn't go to anything.

ValfarHL

Some interesting info from another forum:

Not sure if this is the problem with every wheel (but from steam forms i think it is), but i found out the issue. I set ffb to 100 in both game and t500 control panel (only for testing what each force ingame does).
I turned on the clipping tool (kinda a clipping tool) its under game options/ game/ HUD / clicked it over from: none/min/full/ telemetry. Once i had telemetry running a line graph appears on the upper left hand corner of your screen and lets you know when ffb is being sent to the wheel.

This is when i found out the issue, with all the forces maxed the graph let me know that almost no forces where going to the wheel when driving in a straight line (wheel straight) but ohh baby did that change when i turned the wheel. The line started going all over the place (I felt the gear changes, some bumps, etc) but only when the wheel was at a angle. I took the car off road and with the wheel straight felt nothing 100 ffb set in game and nothing (crazy) and very little data was being sent to the wheel, but when the wheel is in any other position then straight the wheel is being sent all kinda info, i.e ffb. It seems that even with dead-zone set to zero in game their is still an artificial dead-zone with the wheel. I'm going to continue to play with this.

Can anyone here confirm the same problem? No feedback when running in a straight line is bad.

Blizzard

Banned
how is the weather in this? I basically play these games to set it to stormy and enjoy the atmosphere.
We had a race last night with 5 or so people and decided to try rain. Everything was great until the first corner, where everyone slowed to a crawl or went off the track. It was pretty funny until people learned to manage it.

Certinty

how is the weather in this? I basically play these games to set it to stormy and enjoy the atmosphere.
Absolutely insane, but in a good way.

For the most part I can keep up with the AI set around 80% in the dry but once the rain comes I am so fucked it's insane.

Loving this game even more than I expected and I was expecting big things, that's how much I'm impressed.

ValfarHL

I'm up for some online racing this afternoon, even though I suck.

Living in Norway, time here is now 13:55 (1:55PM for you muricans)

Who's with me?

Steering feels way too sensitive with an Xbox controller, I'm fish tailing on straights a lot and I'm just having trouble driving straight. Any recommended settings for controllers?

danowat

Banned
Absolutely insane, but in a good way.

For the most part I can keep up with the AI set around 80% in the dry but once the rain comes I am so fucked it's insane.

Loving this game even more than I expected and I was expecting big things, that's how much I'm impressed.

Yes, AI are really OP in the wet

Steering feels way too sensitive with an Xbox controller, I'm fish tailing on straights a lot and I'm just having trouble driving straight. Any recommended settings for controllers?

Turn the steering sensitivity down.

Good thread here > http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad

xrnzaaas

I'm gonna put browsing this thread on hold, because I was just notified that my local store f'd up and I'll have the game tomorrow or on Monday. :/

We had a race last night with 5 or so people and decided to try rain. Everything was great until the first corner, where everyone slowed to a crawl or went off the track. It was pretty funny until people learned to manage it.

Lol...I wouldn't call what I was doing last night managing it...more like "please God go straight for 2 seconds please"

harrytang

i started it up for a drive on route 1 and sounds was so glitchy it totally through me off. sound kept changing from right to left and cutting in and out. also, the FFB on my g27 feels a little week, but I'll try some of the suggestions on the board for fixes.

during my last move I lost a nut for the screw holding the steering wheel platform in place on my play-seat. really hard to drive with 900 degree movement when the wheel is steadily creeping closer and closer to me.

Blizzard

Banned
The only sound thing that made me think it might be a glitch was the Formula 1 car...if I max out the throttle, it seems to be cutting in and out when it clips the max volume, unless that's what the engine really sounds like.

If you don't want to change individual settings on the controller, you can try the presets. It sounds like you might have controller mode 2 or 3. Try 1 or 2. It's down near the bottom of the controller settings, and it will adjust the other sliders for you.

Once you find something you like, you can further adjust like the thread describes, but that might be a little daunting at first if you're like me and mostly just want to jump into driving. :p

USF

Options > Controls. Then I think you use either R1 or R2 to cycle through the tabs.
Thanks mate, menu is kinda confusing

Isn't it the X button? I only played around for a bit yesterday. But when doing the Nordschleife I wanna to go full throttle on to the straight end up to the finish and I think I made a horrible spin right at the start because I accidentally pushed down the X button in my efforts :p
Turns out to be the X

Mascot

Just raced at Brands for the first time and noticed tearing coming out of the pits and in a couple of places around the track. It rained on the second lap and the FR did suffer in places as well.

Top Bottom