• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Chabbles

On PS4 dualshock I'm using the settings below (posted earlier) and very happy. Only addition is turning on steering assist too...at least for now. Try that with the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe DTM on Nordschliefe and let me know what you think....

u7DV6ibm.jpg

How did you set steering deadzone to 6 ?. It moves in increments of 5 for me.

whippet

Neo Member
Purchased Digital Copy

Added Ltd Ed. content automatically

Modified Car Pack is up for $1.99

Going to wait and see if anything changes

I find myself pushing my back into the seat when accelerating hard of out corners, so no, it's not what I would call lifeless. :)

The difficulty depends on what aids you choose to use. With a wheel, the best experience for me is with most aids off. I still use ABS, though.

If you like/love the driving model Forza or Gran Turismo, you will probably like this.

Remember that the career mode doesn't grant prizes such as money or new cars. All tracks and cars are unlocked from the start.

This is a pure driving game, with a shiiitload of real life settings for the cars you drive. If you want loud hip hop music, big shiny popups, hand holding..this game is not for you.

If you love driving fast, chasing that perfect lap, and shaving seconds of your time...this game is for you. :)

Thanks for the detailed reply

I may check it out, but I'm not sure. I'm generally more of an arcade racing fan, but I do like sims from time to time.

It'll be weird playing a racing game without career progression, though.

Metfanant

well it DOES have progression in the sense that you're treated like a real race car driver...you move up through the levels of racing, pick which teams you want to race for etc...

its just not progression like typical Gran Turismo careers...earning money, buying cars...instead you work for a race team, so they provide the car

Fox Mulder

It is career progression though. You pick a tier and can climb your way up. I dont need to be fed money or 300 cars to feel accomplishment.

Learning a track and car is fun to me and I can climb from karts to lmp cars.

I've loved forza for a decade, but the career is shit. Just a ton of 2-3 lap races meant to throw you in as many cars as possible.

So do other gaffers with wheels prefer "real" aids, or completely off?

I've been driving with real, but most cars has too much traction control, even with the wheelspin setting to max.

Real is the way to go, unless some assists make you go slower, like TCS and ASM. Usually the tweak is making the car as fast as possible.

I never understood people turning ABS off in cars that use, just for the sake of making it harder. I don't see the point. If games gave the choice some people would turn off every eletronic device installed in a car just to make it more rough. I guess everyone has a different opinion.

well it DOES have progression in the sense that you're treated like a real race car driver...you move up through the levels of racing, pick which teams you want to race for etc...

its just not progression like typical Gran Turismo careers...earning money, buying cars...instead you work for a race team, so they provide the car

It is career progression though. You pick a tier and can climb your way up. I dont need to be fed money or 300 cars to feel accomplishment.

Learning a track and car is fun to me and I can climb from karts to lmp cars.

I've loved forza for a decade, but the career is shit. Just a ton of 2-3 lap races meant to throw you in as many cars as possible.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood.

Thanks for clarifying. It sounds good. I will likely enjoy it on easy.

ValfarHL

Real is the way to go, unless some assists make you go slower, like TCS and ASM. Usually the tweak is making the car as fast as possible.

I never understood people turning ABS off in cars that use, just for the sake of making it harder. I don't see the point. If games gave the choice some people would turn off every eletronic device installed in a car just to make it more rough. I guess everyone has a different opinion.

For me it's about a a pure driving experience. Not being able to spin the wheels in or after a corner cause of traction control is for me very boring. If the 'per car' setting allowed for more spin with real settings, I would probably drive more with it on.
As it is now, cars with traction control and anti spin is just boring to drive (for me).

POWERRR!

Just picked up the digital version on PSN and it appears that you get the limited edition but NOT the preorder bonus. Very disappointing since one of the devs said it would be both.

Xenthar

So yeah i'm at the beginning of the game and the only thing unlocked is quick race weekend but no matter how many time i win the race everything is still locked. What the fuck am i suppose to do? Sorry for the noobish question but i just want to play my damn game lol.

Also ( PS4 ) Green screen of death for a mere second before the starting video. LOL

ValfarHL

So yeah i'm at the beginning of the game and the only thing unlocked is quick race weekend but no matter how many time i win the race everything is still locked. What the fuck am i suppose to do? Sorry for the noobish question but i just want to play my damn game lol.

Also ( PS4 ) Green screen of death for a mere second before the starting video. LOL

I think you're missing a patch.

Steering deadzone 6
Steering sensitivity 0
Throttle deadzone 10
Throttle sensitivity 30
Brake deadzone 10
Brake sensitivity 30
Speed sensitivity 55
Controller filtering 40
Input mode 2
Advanced on
soft steering on
visual wheel filtering off
opposite lock help off

Also, make use of each cars steering ratio setup option to tune steering sensitivity further.

Thanks! Completely forgot that I've asked this. At work right now, will check asap

GHG

Gold Member

Check the game has finished downloading fully.

MaLDo

PS4 imposter fix check-in from early March (Since you're a community member you could have easily looked up this up yourself..... )

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthre...hanges&p=851878&highlight=imposter#post851878

And screenshot I just made from XB1

cPzcC7f.png

Sorry, what do you mean? If this problem was fixed in March how is possible that people with Day 1 patch applied can't see the effect in May?

Rised contrast and saturation of red color into the square
bbb.gif

Rised brightness and altered tone of red color
3.jpg

aaa.gif

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

PC

pCARS64%2B2015-05-03%2B23-43-11-62.png

01.png

pCARS64%2B2015-05-03%2B23-43-16-34.png

For real ?, nearly sure i already had it set to mode 2 and it was still moving in increments where it wouldnt set to 6.. will try again.

Yeah, remember I tried setting it at 6 too but it would not work for me either. Pretty sure I was in mode 2 ( can't check, at work atm )

nikos

Just got home with the PS4 version and tested various controller settings.

Is it just me, or does the PS4 version with a DualShock 4 feel better than the PC version with a DualShock 4? Not sure if it's placebo, but it felt better even on default settings.

I had to restart the game for everything to become available.

dedhead54

Man. What a great feeling just now in my first qualifying session. I am starting with Formula Rookie class and with only 2 minutes left of qualifying I set the fastest lap and jumped to the first. Now on to my first actual race!

This game is going to be fun.

(I tried to start a career with the karts and it didn't go so well so I switched to formula rookie)

ghibli99

Anyone with a Driving Force Pro care to share their settings? Maybe I need to spend some time experimenting, but it's a little annoying that there aren't just some built-in profiles to choose from. What's more annoying is that my wheel settings don't seem to get saved (playing on PC).

Man. What a great feeling just now in my first qualifying session. I am starting with Formula Rookie class and with only 2 minutes left of qualifying I set the fastest lap and jumped to the first. Now on to my first actual race!

(I tried to start a career with the karts and it didn't go so well so I switched to formula rookie)

Me too. Its a great place to start, and you will be jarred when you drive a regular car, you'll be slipping and sliding.

How do you turn off the driving line? I'm on ps4 if it matters. Thanks.

Options>Gameplay> then R1 to bring up the next menu, you should see 'guiding line'

I'm in the quick race while still downloading...I'm in automatic with all the assists turned on, and once I get moving at top speed, the brakes are coming on by themselves...why is it doing that?

Options>Gameplay> then R1 to bring up the next menu, you should see 'guiding line'

I'm in the quick race while still downloading...I'm in automatic with all the assists turned on, and once I get moving at top speed, the brakes are coming on by themselves...why is it doing that?

Options, Gameplay, 2nd screen (via right bumper) and its in there.

Edit - Also see above :D.
Gracias mi amigos.

LoveCake

I still have not been able to get my Limited Edition cars for PS4 :( & Bandi/Namco customer service still have not got back to me :mad:

I've got about three hours into the game on the Clio cup series. Overall the game is very solid. Graphics are good and no major frame rate issues that I have seen, but it is definitely not fixed at 60 fps(Xbox one version). I notice frame drops in the rain for sure. Handling/physics are fantastic with my TX wheel. I really appreciate the variety of conditions in the game. For example, I had rain show up towards the end of qualifying and wash the rubber off the track. At the start of the race grip levels were reduced quite a bit due to this. Additionally, tire temperature/wear and brake temperatures have a major impact on performance and are quite dynamic. This game definitely has some depth.

My only gripe so far is that on a couple of races some AI cars didn't pit (mandatory pit in the race) and won. Anyone else see this? Any solution?

Fox Mulder

I didn't like the karts and skipped to formula rookie. Very fun and challenging with assists off. Dialed in controller settings that work for me, but will be getting a wheel anyways with this, f1 2015, and forza 6 all this year.

Frame rate dips on xb1 more than it should, hope there's a patch for that soon.

fresquito

They should have ditched karts until they could get them right. A lot of people are starting their career going through them. They would be having a much better experience, had they started with any other discipline.

TEH-CJ

Banned
On PS4 dualshock I'm using the settings below (posted earlier) and very happy. Only addition is turning on steering assist too...at least for now. Try that with the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe DTM on Nordschliefe and let me know what you think....

u7DV6ibm.jpg

Thanks man will try it now.

Nevermind...I thought 'brake assist' was some sort of power assist or tweak, I didn't realize it would actually brake for you. But hey, my game manual is still locked.

Metfanant

How is this for luck...finally get home from work...fire up the PS4...plug in the t500...and BAM...no blue light on the power brick...no wheel...WTF!? Ahhh!!!

So is there a bug with the team radio, think ive only heard my team talk to me about 3 or 4 times and that was in the first few races and now ive just started year 2 and haven't heard a peak from them the rest of the time???

I wondered about that for a short moment too, but then noticed that in "invitationals" I don't have a "team". Whenever I entered an event for the the team I'm under contract for, I had the pit guy talking to me. I'm playing on Xbox One btw.

I was an hour and a half in to the 25 Hours Bathurst race (which I had reduced to 2 hours) then suddenly...

ENGINE BLOWN

=(

Haha, my biggest nemesis also.

Tried to race karts on a proper circuit and as soon as I shift to 6th my engine blows up. Presume that the karts default set up isn't built for such aggressive shifting so may try and tweak that.

I was an hour and a half in to the 25 Hours Bathurst race (which I had reduced to 2 hours) then suddenly...

ENGINE BLOWN

=(

Hehe. This is where the pit radio should have been warning you about running too high revs or whatever. It sounds like they're in the process of dialling the radio in better, there are tons of radio messages recorded for a ton of different scenarios. It's either bugged or dialled back too much.

Bydobob

Have you guys tried the BAC Mono in PCARS?
At the end of a deceleration, even the slightest steering input sends the back flying, I tried to correct it with making the front stiffer, shifting the brake-balance to the back, letting the slip-differential admit less rotation difference upon deceleration, but it's still really hard to drive compared to the other track-toy production cars. Is this realistic? Any advice how to make this work? I feel like there is something car-physics related that I don't quite understand.

OK here's what I discovered about the car after doing about 20 laps. It feels... fine? Turn-in is a bit slower than expected and benefitted from stiffening the front suspension a couple of notches, but that's all really. Obviously with a car like this and with TC off you'll need to be careful powering out of any corner, are you sure you weren't prodding the throttle too early without realising?

fresquito

OK here's what I discovered about the car after doing about 20 laps. It feels... fine? Turn-in is a bit slower than expected and benefitted from stiffening the front suspension a couple of notches, but that's all really. Obviously with a car like this and with TC off you'll need to be careful powering out of any corner, are you sure you weren't prodding the throttle too early without realising?
The BAC Mono is one of the finest cars in the game. You need to break sooner than with other cars and take the corners in acceleration, but keeping your rear in place. It's tricky, yetvery satisfying.

Top Bottom