• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
yeah more of this stuff. I love Mii's smile so much in her cut in.

I like the one for Kaguya

So what's the deal, guys? 4 pages? Explain yourselves! Considering most of us are buying this for the fanservice, does it not make sense to post said fanservice itt???

Did they add any new ones for Kaguya? It looks like the same one in Endless Frontier.

Looks as good as I remember, though.

Loona

So what's the deal, guys? 4 pages? Explain yourselves! Considering most of us are buying this for the fanservice, does it not make sense to post said fanservice itt???

The kind of fanservice I care about in the game is the one where they address things like what little story Virtua Fighter has more than the VF games themselves, much like NxC did with Darkstalkers before it.
On one hand I'm curious about what interactions the devs thought up, on the other, spoiler factor... For now I just hope the originals won't get in the way much - I'm not quite getting the appeal of Mii and Kogoro yet, nor do I see an interesting dynamic there yet, so other than early tutorial levels and and bridging everyone else's setting, I hope they don't take up too much focus for themselves.

Bururian

So far, when I have been able to play the game, I'm only in Chapter 4 now, I haven't been able to put it down. The only thing I haven't been able to tell yet is that do individual pairs level up, or is the level bar for everyone?

RangerBAD

Yay, are we doing gifs now?!

tumblr_matj15b22P1r4yzs3o3_400.gif

20130109162921.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So far, when I have been able to play the game, I'm only in Chapter 4 now, I haven't been able to put it down. The only thing I haven't been able to tell yet is that do individual pairs level up, or is the level bar for everyone?
From what it seemed like from the demo, each pair/team have their own EXP bar.

Nerokis

kaguya4grpv.gif

Hahaha. I've been drawn to this from a great distance, just having a sense of the base concept and knowing Monolith Soft is one of the developers. These incredibly fanservice-y GIFs are actually from the game?

cj_iwakura

Hahaha. I've been drawn to this from a great distance, just having a sense of the base concept and knowing Monolith Soft is one of the developers. These incredibly fanservice-y GIFs are actually from the game?

Yep, carryover from the SRT games.

idQzhIfAB1BE6.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So what are the chances of this game being worth something in the near future? I'm picking up my SE pre-order on Tuesday and I'm debating if I should open it or not. :/

Judging by Namco's recent localizations, very slim. Tales of Abyss 3DS, Tales of Graces F, and Ni No Kuni can all be found in an abundant supply wherever you go despite a lot of people thinking they would have a low print run. Namco has really stepped up their localization efforts, PxZ is even more proof of that.

Bladenic

Judging by Namco's recent localizations, very slim. Tales of Abyss 3DS, Tales of Graces F, and Ni No Kuni can all be found in an abundant supply wherever you go despite a lot of people thinking they would have a low print run. Namco has really stepped up their localization efforts, PxZ is even more proof of that.

Ni No Kuni was successful so no surprise there. Tales games have never had issues with prints either, at least not so soon after release. I feel like this game is a different story from those. At the very least, the limited edition may indeed be limited. I could see them do a regular edition print if there's enough demand.

Ponn

Banned
So let me get this straight. As far as we know this is only getting one run and its almost sold out everywhere? Is this going to be available as DD on eshop?

Bladenic

^that ain't anything compared to what's been posted. Poor Kos-Mos, used to be a badass robot chick in her series, now she's just another big titted slut.

ohlawd

I just noticed something.

Banpresto's company logo kind of looks like pantsu...with eyes...

This explains everything!

Pantsu? That? If a girl wears that, their most precious part won't even be covered.

... oh I see. That's the appeal. Ohohohoh.

Can you imagine the lost FEA sales due to our waifu talk in the OT?

Oh my gawd. Potential dollars down the drain and it's all our freaking fault.

I heard Xenosaga III is good. Damn, if only I finished I and II, its just I hate the battle system. And it takes me 30 minutes to beat minor enemies.

chrono01

Pantsu? That? If a girl wears that, their most precious part won't even be covered.

... oh I see. That's the appeal. Ohohohoh.
Perhaps my mind is overly perverted. Once I "see" it, it can be difficult to "un-see" [not that I'd want to].

Anyway, I hope EBGames.ca ships my game on-time. By then I should have The Last of Us and Fire Emblem: Awakening finished so I can dedicate all of my free time to Project x Zone.

Necrovex

Yay, are we doing gifs now?!

tumblr_matj15b22P1r4yzs3o3_400.gif

20130109162921.gif

Those gifs. I must resist for the greater good of my wallets.

I. MUST. RESIST!

How is the story for this game? That will probably be the deal breaker for me.

cj_iwakura

How is the story for this game? That will probably be the deal breaker for me.

There's ""s on the OP section for a reason. :p

If anything, it's like Namco X Capcom's.

Mysterious invaders assault [y] character's realm from [x]'s game, [x] fights it off, joins [y] characters from other games, rinse, repeat.

-Horizon-

I kind of want this game but the demo just felt like a button masher. I try to do specific combos but then the enemy falls to the ground quicker. When I mash, I can usually keep them aloft and beat them in a turn.
Gonna go replay the demo again, I need to figure this out.

Sanic

....anyway

Was gonna buy this from GameStop's website, but the shipping fees kinda soured me on that. I'm sure this varies on a store by store basis, but would anyone know the likelihood of being able to preorder this instore tomorrow?

Top Bottom