• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RpgN

#ForeverAlone ;___;

You're not! If you've already exceeded the 100 limit :p

I went through the last couple of pages quickly and just went with a few. I wouldn't mind adding you too if you still have some spots left.

I went through the last couple of pages quickly and just went with a few. I wouldn't mind adding you too if you still have some spots left.

No one added me lol. :/ Man that 100 limit is not something from this day and age, shouldn't it be possible to extend that to 250 or something?

RpgN

No one added me lol. :/ Man that 100 limit is not something from this day and age, shouldn't it be possible to extend that to 250 or something?

Didn't you have a 100 limit too? Maybe that's why? I have no idea if this takes a lot out of the server or the Vita, maybe they can extend it in the future but it doesn't seem to be that easy when the PS3 still has that limit too.

Kyon

Banned

just deleted peeps :D I'm Kyo899

what's ur id?

coughlanio

Got my first batch of Vita games in the mail today: Uncharted, Gravity Rush & Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Any suggestions what I should jump into first?

Add me on PSN too: RavenholmDX

Shtof

I wonder why we haven't heard anything about a RE: Revelations Vita port? Shouldn't take Capcom too much work to improve the graphics a little bit and and get Vita version on board, would it?

Ken

I wonder why we haven't heard anything about a RE: Revelations Vita port? Shouldn't take Capcom too much work to improve the graphics a little bit and and get Vita version on board, would it?

I'd rather get a new RE for Vita.

With Mercenaries mode.

Got my first batch of Vita games in the mail today: Uncharted, Gravity Rush & Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Any suggestions what I should jump into first?

well all 3 are stella games so a series of coin flipping maybe?

metal gear has the most play time so id prob leave that till last though.

Ken

The first two are short games and probably don't have much to do after completing once so I'd play those first.

It's hard to speak when only your foots are not inside Nintendo ass so don't expect Capcom to say anything about Vita ;)

Massa

well all 3 are stella games so a series of coin flipping maybe?

metal gear has the most play time so id prob leave that till last though.

He could fit Uncharted or Gravity Rush between MGS2 and 3.

I'm personally waiting for MGS1 to be available on the Vita to start my run of the entire series. 1, 2 and 3 on the Vita, 4 on the PS3 with trophies then back on the Vita again for Peace Walker.

MK Vita is already 9.99 @ Gamestop guys! The site hasnt registered it for some reason, but when you click in store pick up it shows 9.99!

Gonna buy it later today. I think everyone should get it i mean $10 for a game o__o Too bad i didnt have a vita at the last sale

Linky

Gah... in Gamestop Spain the price is 50.99 € ;_;

I just realized that Dungeon Hunters has 4 players online coop.
Is it any good ?
BTW I try to play some Fossball online games but couldn't find any matches ! Which is frustrating considering the game is fairly new.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Old?
Two new free to play games for vita, picotto knights and guardian hearts
http://andriasang.com/con23t/picotto_knight_screens/
http://andriasang.com/con23n/guardian_hearts_vita/

Cool, hopefully these show up in the US and other countries. Gamearts seems to be doing a fair amount of Vita-related stuff... I have no problem with this:)

And y'know, everyone keeps pointing out how there are many more PSP's out there than Vitas in JP, and how that holds Vita back... but it shouldn't be impossible to possibly make hybrid games, that could run at Vita native Res & improved texture detai & frameratel, and maybe run on PSP at the same time too, right?

You'd think that'd be the perfect way to shift people over the new system... give them something they can play on their old system, but give it superior capabilities if played on the newer system.

MK Vita is already 9.99 @ Gamestop guys! The site hasnt registered it for some reason, but when you click in store pick up it shows 9.99!

Gonna buy it later today. I think everyone should get it i mean $10 for a game o__o Too bad i didnt have a vita at the last sale

Linky

Not working anymore, at least not here. Shows US$ 29.99 and "Not available for in-store pick-up".

Foshy

And y'know, everyone keeps pointing out how there are many more PSP's out there than Vitas in JP, and how that holds Vita back... but it shouldn't be impossible to possibly make hybrid games, that could run at Vita native Res & improved texture detai & frameratel, and maybe run on PSP at the same time too, right?

You'd think that'd be the perfect way to shift people over the new system... give them something they can play on their old system, but give it superior capabilities if played on the newer system.
I think that's not a good incentive at all, people who only own a PSP would just buy it on there. No reason to buy a new system when you can play the samegame on one you own already.

What Vita needs to improve sales are more exclusive sequels to well-known games.

Tambini

Is it any good ?
BTW I try to play some Fossball online games but couldn't find any matches ! Which is frustrating considering the game is fairly new.

A lot of people think its mediocre, but I really enjoyed Dungeon Hunters. The only problems were the lag and the fact that in multiplayer you couldn't move out of the screen unless everyone was going that way (if that makes sense).

Cornbread78

Is it any good ?

I've tried a bunch of times to queue up into an online game and it has never worked for me...

Massa

Quick question for people living in the US: is the 32Gb card price set at $81 in Walmart stores as well as their website, or would you have to buy it online for store pickup to get that price?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I think Yoshida said that they are encouraging such dual releases from partners.

We will probably see more after TGS.

Hopefully. I'd love to get something like God Eater 2 with such a deal. Thanks for the info!

I think that's not a good incentive at all, people who only own a PSP would just buy it on there. No reason to buy a new system when you can play the samegame on one you own already.

What Vita needs to improve sales are more exclusive sequels to well-known games.

If the Vita version had extras that took advantage of the Vita (Say larger scale battles, higher poly characters, or wider multiplayer), and if they made the games "buy one, get both" digitally (normal on PSP, Enhanced when played on a vita), it'd give a "backlog" of releases for PSP owners to play, once they get a Vita.

Exclusive sequels are just 1 option out of many for game releases, too. Opening the doors to more possibility of "how do I make a Vita game?" for devs would just increase developers interest in the system, since their "risk" of supporting it would be minimized.

Shahed

Help me GAF! I'm going through another one of my "should I buy a Vita now or wait?" moments.

There's quite a few games out/announced that interest me. The likes of Uncharted, AC: Liberation, P4G, Ragnarok Odyssey etc. Heck I already own Gravity Rush! There's also quite a few games for PSP I own on PSN like 3rd Birthday and Valkyria Chronicles II that I've subconsciously held off playing in order to do so when I eventually got a Vita.

Thing is though, while I do enjoy handhelds, I'm primarily a console gamer, and there are plenty of games out now (or releasing soon) that I'm gonna want to play. I generally do my handheld gaming after catching up on my console gaming. So it kinda makes sense to carry on playing on my consoles for now and wait for a good bundle to come out.

But at the same time Gravity Rush and other's just look so enticing! I've had to mentally drag myself back from jumping on the Vita a few times. Me head says I should just wait, but my gut says just to get it. Gamescom in a couple of weeks. Do you think I should wait till then at least to see if they announce a bundle/price drop? And say I was just gonna get one now, can anyone recommend any good deals available and also on which memory card to get?

I'm from the UK by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom