• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

Support for PSone is rumored to release during Gamescom this month. Can I has your 32gb card?

Lulz, I was going to go with the 16, but decided might as well double down on it. I had made the mistake of buying the smallest mem card for the psp, and immediately regretted it. Live and learn sayz I!

B.O.O.M

see, I try to be helpful, lol.

My work browser kept kicking me off teh site, so I couldn't even post the pics. Hopefully, they lock mine.

hehe it's all good. As long as people get to see the info that's all that matters. I posted in your thread also so let's keep that one going. Thank you for making it.

RpgN

The summer sale looks a bit weak, they're not bad for the people who don't own those games yet. Only Manhunt 2 looks somewhat interesting. I wonder if it's worth getting...Now hopefully we'll have some Vita games on there too.

Kyon said:
love the name :) very FF

Thank you! I try to make those nicknames true and close to my passion.

lunch said:
Me too? :( I'm domify.

You too, you too! Now put that positive smiley back :D

Your Virtua Tennis 4 pics are hilarious btw.

I'm playing mortal kombat SP. I'm about to give up on the last boss cause it's fucking hard. any last advice before I do it?

Wait for him to start an attack, then D,U to teleport behind him. Uppercut.
Rinse, repeat.

This should give you the basic idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_j7KNIsGRM

You can also work the lighting tosses in if you want to... just remember, keep your distance if possible and ALWAYS jump or teleport to evade the hammer throw.

RpgN

Manhunt 2 looks way more disturbing and violent than expected, and fans complain that it's less violent than Manhunt 1...Yeah, I'm no longer interested in the game.

Hopefully more decent sales will arrive to fill the void.

Wait for him to start an attack, then D,U to teleport behind him. Uppercut.
Rinse, repeat.

This should give you the basic idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_j7KNIsGRM

You can also work the lighting tosses in if you want to... just remember, keep your distance if possible and ALWAYS jump or teleport to evade the hammer throw.

This wasn't directed to me but I was stuck there too. Giving it a shot when I get home.

edit: watched the video, as I was doing this method before but with a sweep instead. I think the uppercut in vita version does less damage.

test_account

XP-39C²
Anyone have problems getting the Puddle demo from the EU store? It stops at 55MB for me (tried 3 times now) and if i try to pause the download, i cant resume it. I have enough space on my memorycards, so that is not the problem. I've tried to restart the Vita too.

Anyone have problems getting the Puddle demo from the EU store? It stops at 55MB for me (tried 3 times now) and if i try to pause the download, i cant resume it. I have enough space on my memorycards, so that is not the problem. I've tried to restart the Vita too.

Just checked and it seems to have downloaded for me

Sh0k

Want to buy a Metal Slug game to play on my Vita, which one is better MS 1 or MS 2 ? I know that there is also the whole collection, but I only have like $8. Left in my PSN wallet.

Thanks

kiyomi

For the Vita Roundtable, we should get some frequently asked questions and discuss some games we've played. PSP & Vita. As well as discuss the features most people don't know about.
Sounds good to me.

Hey guys, just jumped on the VITA bandwagon in a big way. Bought myself a wifi VITA, 32gb card, gravity rush, MGS HD, Unit 13, Uncharted, and Shinobido.

Question though, and I should know this, but are PS1 classics available to play? I have a feeling that Vagrant Story will look awesome on this thing.....Thanks!

Welcome to the Vita club! <3

PS1 classics are currently not available to play, but we hope soon they will be! :)

Gonna go check out the sale, I have bought Everybody's Golf/Hot Shots Golf, should be arriving tomorrow.

Soul Sacrifice looks rad.

Juicy new NKS details:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/n...08/01/new-little-king-39-s-story-q-amp-a.aspx

"The most important addition, I believe, is the part where you can enhance your characters. In the previous game, the characters were unable to be enhanced and the life points were randomly changed. So it was more of an action game. However, in New Little King&#8217;s Story, the characters are able to be trained and customized at the user&#8217;s will. All the characters that are made into the user&#8217;s ally have experience points and can be raised while fighting in a group. Also by changing the equipment, users are able to have a battle army that suits their liking."

SO EXCITED! I need this game on my Vita.

Anyone played the Harvest Moon PSP game? Used to love those games. Any good?

Which one, Hero of Leaf Valley or Boy & Girl? I have Hero of Leaf Valley, it's pretty great although it is basically an enhanced port of Save the Homeland. It does have marriage though, overall I like it much better than STH. Boy & Girl is a port of Back to Nature and the girl version of it, Back To Nature is one of my all time favorite HM games, it's REALLY good. I'm not sure how the port is though.

oldmario

Newest dlc for escape plan is showing up with an option to pay for it or get it for free, only shows up on vita tho wish i spotted this before i bought it on my ps3

Do the EU sales change every 4 days?

Theres a schedule for it

Deal 1 &#8211; 1-4 August
Deal 2 &#8211; 5-8 August
Deal 3 &#8211; 9-12 August
Deal 4 &#8211; 13-16 August
Deal 5 &#8211; 17-20 August
Deal 6 &#8211; 21-24 August
Deal 7 &#8211; 25-28 August

Newest dlc for escape plan is showing up with an option to pay for it or get it for free, only shows up on vita tho wish i spotted this before i bought it on my ps3

Theres a schedule for it

Deal 1 – 1-4 August
Deal 2 – 5-8 August
Deal 3 – 9-12 August
Deal 4 – 13-16 August
Deal 5 – 17-20 August
Deal 6 – 21-24 August
Deal 7 – 25-28 August

Are you sure you didn't get the screen with "free" because you already bought it on your PS3?

How many packs of DLC are there for Escape Plan? I've been meaning to get that game.

Also, NIS America held a panel at Otakon, and said that they have some Vita games in the works (also hint at cross-playable titles):

The next question was about NISA's upcoming releases being on the PlayStation 3 and not on the PlayStation Vita, because he likes playing RPGs on the go. Phillips replied that going forward, a lot of games will be made that are cross-playable (so that gamers can play PS3 games on the Vita), but that they do have some stuff planned for Vita that he can't talk about yet. They don't want to neglect the Vita.

Aside from their 20th Anniversary games TokuHou and Kamisama, the only other title I can see them trying to bring over is Ciel no Surge.

How many packs of DLC are there for Escape Plan? I've been meaning to get that game.

Also, NIS America held a panel at Otakon, and said that they have some Vita games in the works (also hint at cross-playable titles):

Aside from their 20th Anniversary games TokuHou and Kamisama, the only other title I can see them trying to bring over is Ciel no Surge.

Yes. I'm so interested in playing this and want to import it, but I'd need more than very basic knowledge in Japanese to even play it.

Man the white Vita is really nice looking...has it been announced if it's only going to be available as part of the AC bundle or if it'll be out solo as well? I mean it has to be eventually I'd imagine.

The white Vita is super sexy. But it's too bad the US seems to only be getting the Wi-Fi version in the Assasain's Creed Liberation bundle as I'd prefer a 3G unit.

But regardless, I'll be buying the bundle and replacing my 3G FEB Vita with it. Guess I'll have a 3G Vita & 4gb mem card to offer up for sale come November.

dexterslu

Just picked up Mortal Kombat after work tonight at GameStop. The manager told me they were also having a 50% sale on all sports titles - so I picked up Hot Shots Golf World Invitational for 15 bucks...

25 bucks for Hot Shots and MK isn't too bad...

Glix

Just picked up Mortal Kombat after work tonight at GameStop. The manager told me they were also having a 50% sale on all sports titles - so I picked up Hot Shots Golf World Invitational for 15 bucks...

25 bucks for Hot Shots and MK isn't too bad...

Hot Shots is super great.

I'm really impressed with Mortal Kombat. Obv they had to lower some of the quality of the stuff, but almost NOTHING has been cut. All the lighting/animation/framerate/particles. Very cool. Plays great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom