• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna put up the batsignal for help again -- anyone want to add me and post a challenge on my wall in Motorstorm RC? You'd be near and dear to me if you did. ;)

Gravijah

anyone here is free to add me on PSN if you haven't already. i'd tell you to mention who you are from GAF but Vita removed the option to add a message for some reason.

PSN: Gravijah_
Just picked up Mortal Kombat after work tonight at GameStop. The manager told me they were also having a 50% sale on all sports titles - so I picked up Hot Shots Golf World Invitational for 15 bucks...

25 bucks for Hot Shots and MK isn't too bad...

do you have any idea how long that sports sale is going on? i missed the first HSG sale.

Moofers

Want to buy a Metal Slug game to play on my Vita, which one is better MS 1 or MS 2 ? I know that there is also the whole collection, but I only have like $8. Left in my PSN wallet.

Its worth it to just buy the Anthology instead. I know you've only got half of what you need, but get something else unless you can afford the anthology. Its the way to go.

Picked up Wipeout 2048 earlier this week for $20 at Wal Mart. Now today I picked up Mortal Kombat for $10 at Gamestop. Awesome deals.

Wipeout is stellar. I mean just incredible. Best game of the series. I am a huge fan of these and to have a new one that gives me goosebumps is something I didn't think I'd have happen for the 4th time. (XL, Pure, and HD are the other 3 if you were wondering) Can't seem to put it down. The sounds of the crafts themselves is really a welcome addition, but the announcer, weapons, and collision sounds are awesome. And those graphics! Fuck me this thing looks amazing. Its THE reason to own a Vita, IMO.

As for MK, I just played about 20 minutes of it and while the character models are a bit watered down, it still looks pretty good and plays great. I look forward to the tower challenges since I hear there are a lot of great touch-related ones.

Gravijah

Wipeout is stellar. I mean just incredible. Best game of the series. I am a huge fan of these and to have a new one that gives me goosebumps is something I didn't think I'd have happen for the 4th time. (XL, Pure, and HD are the other 3 if you were wondering) Can't seem to put it down. The sounds of the crafts themselves is really a welcome addition, but the announcer, weapons, and collision sounds are awesome. And those graphics! Fuck me this thing looks amazing. Its THE reason to own a Vita, IMO.

Wipeout 2048 is already one of my favorite games of this generation. it's just absolutely amazing.

|ync

Anyone played the Harvest Moon PSP game? Used to love those games. Any good?

I was looking for my HM fix and got Innocent Life cause it was cheap but ended up pretty disappointed. The world and NPCs were totally dead and beyond farming the mini-games sucked. There were also a bunch of mechanics in the game where you could see they were planning something but never got around to implementing it. It really felt like they ran out of budget half way through and decided just to ship what they had.

If you want to try one I'd go with the ones Schobeleth recommended.

Ran rp

Just so everyone knows Resistance Retribution MULTIPLAYER does work on the Vita. Maybe they meant 'ad hoc' doesn't work on the Vita? Either way I dl'd it from the vita store and I'm playing right now.

Now I already own the game from my PSPgo but I doubt that's a loophole.

Is the multiplayer mode any good?

Just picked up Mortal Kombat after work tonight at GameStop. The manager told me they were also having a 50% sale on all sports titles - so I picked up Hot Shots Golf World Invitational for 15 bucks...

25 bucks for Hot Shots and MK isn't too bad...
$25 for both of them is great. That HSG price really makes me want to go buy it, too.

anyone here is free to add me on PSN if you haven't already. i'd tell you to mention who you are from GAF but Vita removed the option to add a message for some reason.

PSN: Gravijah_

I just added ya, Gravijah. ID is the same as my username minus the spaces. :p

I'd totally join this party if 1.) people I know recently made fun of my voice behind my back and made me a little self-conscious about it and 2.) I went to the dentist last Thursday and my mouth still hurts like a bitch. Life story, blah blah...

Am I too late for the party?

You'd usually just crash it like a dick.

patsu

How many packs of DLC are there for Escape Plan? I've been meaning to get that game.

Also, NIS America held a panel at Otakon, and said that they have some Vita games in the works (also hint at cross-playable titles):

Aside from their 20th Anniversary games TokuHou and Kamisama, the only other title I can see them trying to bring over is Ciel no Surge.

Would be nice if true. The game is supposed to take advantage of 3G.

So why are people assuming PS1 support/the patch is due out when Gamescom rolls around? As far as I know it's not even a rumor at this point, but rather someone's assumption. Don't get me wrong, I would f'ing LOVE for it to happen, but we've really got nothing to go on right now but speculation. Unless you guys have heard something I haven't.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'd totally join this party if 1.) people I know recently made fun of my voice behind my back and made me a little self-conscious about it and 2.) I went to the dentist last Thursday and my mouth still hurts like a bitch. Life story, blah blah...

You should join. It's really exciting. And neither Kyon nor I are talking.

Yuripaw

Banned
Also, NIS America held a panel at Otakon, and said that they have some Vita games in the works (also hint at cross-playable titles):.
I wish I could be interested in this. For a long time, I was always suckered into buying games by NIS because I like the art style, or the moe/kawaii characters in those kinds of games. However once I buy them and start to play, I realize that none of their games are really my kind of game. Not even the Disgaea series because I suck at SRPGs.

This would be cool news to me if it was a different developer.

Kyon

Banned

i added you.

patsu

So why are people assuming PS1 support/the patch is due out when Gamescom rolls around? As far as I know it's not even a rumor at this point, but rather someone's assumption. Don't get me wrong, I would f'ing LOVE for it to happen, but we've really got nothing to go on right now but speculation. Unless you guys have heard something I haven't.

... probably because they are bored and hungry for new info.

It's just a rumor floating around. =(

I wish I could be interested in this. For a long time, I was always suckered into buying games by NIS because I like the art style, or the moe/kawaii characters in those kinds of games. However once I buy them and start to play, I realize that none of their games are really my kind of game. Not even the Disgaea series because I suck at SRPGs.

This would be cool news to me if it was a different developer.
NISA would likely be bringing over a Japanese Vita game by another developer before a new NIS Vita game. Which is good!

You should join. It's really exciting. And neither Kyon nor I are talking.
i added you.

You two aren't talking? How exciting! :p I'll join if you two want, but I can't guarantee my full attention since I'm watching the Olympics and doing other (small) things.

matmanx1

I keep forgetting NLK is coming this Fall for the Vita. I'm quite excited about it.

I picked up Growlanser IV today off of the PSN and I'm loving it so far. If you like Fire Emblem type games but with a closer to real time battle system then you should definitely check it out. It looks to be a nice, meaty strategy RPG with some nifty art and music.

* I should note that Growlanser IV is a PSP game and requires a PS3 to transfer the game to the Vita. *

I just died...This game's combat completely blows. Jesus, its just utter s***. Artstyle's fine, but if the most important component of the game sucks, then yeah, not worth it.

The combat could work a lot better, if the analog range didn't feel limited. Moving gravity/Kat during combat happens to feel clunky.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Undressing is censored too. I give up.

Edit: Went to restart only to find the party's full. I love you guys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom