• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wasn't directed to me but I was stuck there too. Giving it a shot when I get home.

edit: watched the video, as I was doing this method before but with a sweep instead. I think the uppercut in vita version does less damage.

Came back to quote this. Uppercut method works. If you're having problems like I did do an uppercut then do 2 backwards jumps away from him. He usually will throw a spear and by the time you land the second time you have enough time to teleport and uppercut him.
Also in a tight situation dont forget raidens forward backwards + x move to tackle him.

And added. If I'm still online when somebody leaves, I'll let you in.

Ok thanks bud.

Is it the same with everyone here that Vita doesn't seem to stay connected ? I mean Whenever I start my friends list , it has still to open wifi then connect to PSN before it loads and the same goes with everything I do online.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Ok thanks bud.

Is it the same with everyone here that Vita doesn't seem to stay connected ? I mean Whenever I start my friends list , it has still to open wifi then connect to PSN before it loads and the same goes with everything I do online.
It did the same for me, but for whatever the reason, the Vita has stayed online recently. I haven't had any of the connectivity issues I used to, but hopefully the new firmware will smooth out any rough patches.

It did the same for me, but for whatever the reason, the Vita has stayed online recently. I haven't had any of the connectivity issues I used to, but hopefully the new firmware will smooth out any rough patches.

Oh ok, at least my unit is not faulty or something.

Ok so I'm using my Vita a lot during my lunch break but would love to have internet for youtube and online surfing, anyone with a 3G one...how much do you get out of the 250mb a month? would it be worth it or would I be over the limit after a week or two? Also anyone know what the chances for a PDF reader on the vita would be? Like would adding PDF support enable security dangers etc? No right I mean it's just a file type....

patsu

So I'm gonna go ahead and order that grip. It's really all it's cracked up to be then?

There are 3 flaws:
* It blocks the game cartridge slot
* You need to take Vita out of the grip casing to connect to the PS3/PC/Mac
* Bulk
I have gone fully DD, so the game slot is useless to me. The second shortfall affects me more.

OTOH, I like it for the extended battery life and robust grip. Since I play Vita in all sorts of places and angle, I find the grip useful and comfortable.

patsu

Ok so I'm using my Vita a lot during my lunch break but would love to have internet for youtube and online surfing, anyone with a 3G one...how much do you get out of the 250mb a month? would it be worth it or would I be over the limit after a week or two? Also anyone know what the chances for a PDF reader on the vita would be? Like would adding PDF support enable security dangers etc? No right I mean it's just a file type....

When I had the 2 months 3G subscription, I love the everywhere Internet connectivity. Used it for surfing GAF, looking for walkthrough, and follow tweets. It should be even more useful now.

Unfortunately, 250Mb is very little. You won't be able to watch many YouTube videos. I remember I used up my quota just just streaming 1-2 videos, and download games.

Should have used my WiFi for those but I got carried away.

When I had the 2 months 3G subscription, I love the everywhere Internet connectivity. Used it for surfing GAF, looking for walkthrough, and follow tweets. It should be even more useful now.

Unfortunately, 250Mb is very little. You won't be able to watch many YouTube videos. I remember I used up my quota just just streaming 1-2 videos, and download games.

Damn I mostly wanted it for youtube/media I use my phone for twitter/facebook/gaf oh well maybe I can sign up for wifi hotspot with my phone.

I spent way too much time in the chat. I want to say 5 and a half hours or so. It was awesome and I want to do it again(and hopefully talk when my mouth gets better lol)!

I also enjoyed being the official Vita chat greeter.

NinjaBoiX

Then they fixed it. I got it for free :) But i will probably pay for it anyway to show support. I've enjoyed the game, and the first DLC pack was free and the 2nd one almost cost nothing.
What the deal? I only found one DLC for EP, The Asylum, and I paid 3 quid for it. What's this first free pack?

Played Uncharted for the first time, actually my very first Vita game. So far:

-My hands hurt like hell after playing for an hour. Not good :(
-The aiming/Dual analog controls feel a little more...twitchy than I'd like, not as controllable as console gamepads.

This is gonna take some getting used to...

I didn't work this out till after I had beat crushing but you can turn on auto aim which just simply snaps to targets when you first aim just like in cod games.

The bad aiming isnt actually the sticks fault in this case as Unit 13 and resistance both work really well. However I found that using the sticks to get a rough position and then using gyro to fine tune worked really well. However if you cant get used to it, turn auto aim on. Helps a lot.

They need to make a 3G mode where you download only the most essential bytes lol.

Without you tube - just twitter, browsing net and store i accumulated around 300 megabytes of usage over 3 months.

Twinduct

Man looking forward to Sound Shapes!
Kinda crazy how the end product shaped up, considering the initial reveal showed a product that smelled like a budget indie platformer.

Spwn

Does newegg ship to Europe? They also have the 32GB card at $82.

Nope, US and Puerto Rico only. Since Planet Axel is now gone, I'm not sure where to import my Vita games. Would've pre-ordered P4G and Zero Escape:VLR from them the day they announced that they were shutting down.

My PSN: MaimTron9000

Added the following people:

zerosnake99
Hinzel
RavenholmDX
Jafku
Ponnimus
SolsticeZero
Gamespawn
Sol1dus (this is not the PSN name)
Beast780
ShinultramanJ
xenoflux2113
Copenap
TheGrimHeaper
Ukawo
MaximusPrimus
LMNXZ
Rezae
Reluctant-Hero
BlueMaximaC099

Cornbread78 and renewman1 were already overstocked on friends, the Dutch translation of the resulting error message read like it was me who couldn't add any more friends.

I think I missed a few, will see if I can find them. EDIT: Added corrosivefrost and krpiper. If I overlooked you, add me.

EDIT2: My Vita has been crashing randomly lately. Seems a database rebuild should fix this, will try this later and report if this is a solution.

So, HSG:WI is my first game in the series and I've just unlocked the duel with the Pro Player. And have stars on all but one course(just haven't tried 3-5 yet.)

Is my progress as a new comer decent? I've heard of tremendous difficulty spikes and Pro was a jump but not unreasonable.

(Haven't touched easy mode yet, I refuse!)

Tratorn

I don't think P4G has a release date for europe yet.

It doesn't even have a publisher for europe I think. :/
RO doesn't have one either.

It sucks, but at least I can import them.
Also P4G wouldn't support other languages I think, even if it would be released in europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom