• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, HSG:WI is my first game in the series and I've just unlocked the duel with the Pro Player. And have stars on all but one course(just haven't tried 3-5 yet.)

Is my progress as a new comer decent? I've heard of tremendous difficulty spikes and Pro was a jump but not unreasonable.

(Haven't touched easy mode yet, I refuse!)

spike happens around about silver cup level. Then gold is a test on not throwing your vita across the room.

All the others are very playable and fun but silver and gold hit a big difficulty spike as the courses are a nightmare and the opponents don't give you much lee way for error. first place tends to finish anywhere from 0 to +3 over all and with some of the hellish layouts on these courses it takes some practise to beat them... unless your a natural at it I guess. I spent about 2 hours last night playing one of the gold courses and finally placed 1st in it, one screw up and cost you big time. 2 more to go till i can to the platinum Vs match.

While these things are REALLY hard the pay off is you feel really good when you finally beat them.

Is Ragnarok similar to a FF game or something?

Its like a faster more actiony phantasy star online game.

kiyomi

I don't think P4G has a release date for europe yet.

Find it kinda crazy that they haven't sorted out P4A/P4G properly.

You'd think maybe they'd release P4G before P4A, but at this rate, nobody knows a bloody thing on when either of those games are really coming out in this continent >.<

Cornbread78

My PSN: MaimTron9000

Cornbread78 and renewman1 were already overstocked on friends, the Dutch translation of the resulting error message read like it was me who couldn't add any more friends.

send me a message adn I'll see who I can remove and add you. I added some random chick on CoD this weekend, so she would be the first one to go, lol

Tailzo

Find it kinda crazy that they haven't sorted out P4A/P4G properly.

You'd think maybe they'd release P4G before P4A, but at this rate, nobody knows a bloody thing on when either of those games are really coming out in this continent >.<

We're kinda suffering on the handheld side.

P4G
Ragnarok Odyssey
Orgarhythm
Dokuro
Dragon's Crown
Picotto Knights
New Little King's Story
Virtue's Last Reward

Oh well, atleast Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is announced for europe.

So, with Samurai and Dragons, Phantasy Star Online 2, Picotto Knights, and Guardian Hearts Online, I actually find the Vita's F2P scene really interesting.

We're kinda suffering on the handheld side.

Oh well, atleast Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is announced for europe.

New Little King's Story was announced for Europe as a physical release. Apparantely it's DD-only in the US.

...and didn't Picotto Knights just get announced, like, yesterday?

Tailzo

So, with Samurai and Dragons, Phantasy Star Online 2, Picotto Knights, and Guardian Hearts Online, I actually find the Vita's F2P scene really interesting.

New Little King's Story was announced for Europe as a physical release. Apparantely it's DD-only in the US.

...and didn't Picotto Knights just get announced, like, yesterday?

Oh, good about LKS.

Yeah, Picotto was announced yesterday.

Samurai and Dragons
Phantasy Star Online 2
Guardian Hearts Online

are coming here too?

Benedict

Any reason why Where is My Heart? is grayed out on my VITA PSN store?

It says in the description that it is compatible with Vita and is in the Vita store but I can't select it for download.

I do not have it on my Vita if that would be the problem.

Somebody else with the same problem?

Famassu

EU PSN sale: the "relevant to Vita" edition. All of the below are PSP games, so they should also show up in the PSP PSN store.
Manhunt 2 £3.19
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition £3.19++++++++
Midnight Club LA Remix £3.19
Beaterator £3.19
The Warriors £3.19++++++++
GTA Chinatown Wars £3.99++++++++
GTA Liberty City Stories £3.99++++++++
GTA Vice City Stories £3.99++++++++
Innocent Life £3.69 (PSN+ £3.32)++++++++
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley £5.49 (PSN+ £4.94)++++++++
Valhalla Knights £3.19 (PSN+ £2.87)++++++++
Valhalla Knights 2 £3.99 (PSN+ £3.59)++++++++
Valhalla Knights 2 BS £5.19 (PSN+ £4.67)++++++++
Blazing Souls Accelate £9.99 (PSN+ £8.49)++++++++
Cars £3.99
Toy Story 3 £3.99
Cars Race O Rama £3.99
Cars + Toy Story 3 pack £6.49
I don't have these games, I'm most interested in the ones I've marked with "++++++++", are any of those like "NOOOOOOO, DON'T GET IT, IT'S CRAP ON PSP!!!!!11!!1" On the other hand, are any of the games I haven't marked with ++++++++ worth a shit?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I don't have these games, I'm most interested in the ones I've marked with "++++++++", are any of those like "NOOOOOOO, DON'T GET IT, IT'S CRAP ON PSP!!!!!11!!1" On the other hand, are any of the games I haven't marked with ++++++++ worth a shit?
I've never really heard good things about Blazing Souls or Valhalla Knights, and they seem thoroughly average. The other games are fairly well regarded, and I don't think you're missing out on the games you didn't mention.

I went in to Game today to have a little look for Nier and was distracted by the 3dsxl, I asked how much the vita trade was worth and it's only £100 now.

I want to love the vita but it's getting more difficult and retailers don't even pay much for trade in. Apart from soundshapes and JSR (both available on ps3) I am finding it difficult to justify keeping it.

I can't believe such an amazing peice of tech exists and nobody seems to be releasing games for it, I want to say its fine but in reality the amount of games released since it came out (day one buyer baby) could be counted on one hand. Sony has let me down and I needed a vent.

:(

I went in to Game today to have a little look for Nier and was distracted by the 3dsxl, I asked how much the vita trade was worth and it's only £100 now.

I want to love the vita but it's getting more difficult and retailers don't even pay much for trade in. Apart from soundshapes and JSR (both available on ps3) I am finding it difficult to justify keeping it.

I can't believe such an amazing peice of tech exists and nobody seems to be releasing games for it, I want to say its fine but in reality the amount of games released since it came out (day one buyer baby) could be counted on one hand. Sony has let me down and I needed a vent.

:(

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. Surely you didn't expect a huge launch line-up and then new games every week to bury that launch line-up? Basically a lot of the titles for this year were ready at launch, and I'm pretty sure Sony and those publishers agreed that there shouldn't be too many titles coming out after launch in order to give those titles a good chance to sell?

Are you forgetting that the system wasn't released that long ago? How many games are available now? And how many games will we have after the first year? I'm willing to bet that number of titles holds up pretty well against any other system's first year.

Sure, it's a shame a lot of the new Vita titles all seem to be coming out in October (aiming for the holiday season), but it's not like there are no games to play now (never mind the pile of great PSP titles, I've so far ignored those myself as well, only downloading a few that I'd already bought on PSN for my PSP anyway, but there's still a bunch of great titles).

I count 50 titles released in the E.U. here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

Should actually be at least 51 because MLB the Show is out in Europe since last week or two weeks ago.

And there are quite a few decent titles still coming this year (All Stars, Zen Pinball 2, Sly Cooper, LittleBigPlanet, SF vs Tekken, Sound Shapes, etc.).

Benedict

It says in the description that it is compatible with Vita and is in the Vita store but I can't select it for download.

quote for new page

Yeah I think I may hang on till the end of the year, just hearing today that retailers are sort of giving up hope was a little disheartening.

The psp games I wanted are ultimate gng, power stone and peacewalker, the first 2 aren't available in the uk and I have peacewalker on ps3 now.

The thing is though, psn updates with ps3 games every week, we get 1 vita game if we are lucky, but I wouldn't say that I have no time to play my ps3 games because they are buried under other titles.

Personal preference I guess, the 3dsxl did blow me away today maybe tomorrow il have a change of heart.

Spwn

So you already own it? Not grayed out for me. Have you tried downloading it from your dowload list?

iYXNjhlDpkhLS.png

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/02/reality-racer-trademark-hints-at-new-vita-game-from-sony/

Is this going to be a new hit sequel to Vita's best game, Reality Fighters?!
nah it's pretty bad

Spiegel

Novarama is working on something bigger than their previous games so it might be a racing game, yes. Or maybe a full-fledged Invizimals RPG-Pokemon clone

Not expecting much from them, but at least it's good to see more spanish developers working with big publishers.

neoemonk

Is Ragnarok Odyssey related to that old Ragnarok MMO? Are there details about the US release at all? It might be something I could sink my teeth into if it's a PSO style game or something.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Is Ragnarok Odyssey related to that old Ragnarok MMO? Are there details about the US release at all? It might be something I could sink my teeth into if it's a PSO style game or something.
Yep, they have the same enemies and everything, but it's more similar to Phantasy Star Portable and Monster Hunter than the original game. It's set for a physical and digital release by XSEED on August 21st.

STG

dude! near is fantastic

instead of browsing this thread for other users and typing those names in, I just check in near what friends are doing and if I see more than one person adding an other user, it is probably a gaffer, and 2 "clicks" later the friend request is out

SCIENCE

Oh, good about LKS.

Yeah, Picotto was announced yesterday.

Samurai and Dragons
Phantasy Star Online 2
Guardian Hearts Online

are coming here too?

Well, I'd be really surprised if they bring any of those here. I was surprised when LKS was announced for the West in all honesty, although I'm SUPER pumped for that game. I'm even considering importing the European version because I want the box art and a physical cartridge.

PSO2 was confirmed for the West on PC but as expected, they're mum on what's going on with the Vita release. Hopefully when the PC version launches we'll hear more about the Vita version? The fact that they're standing by it though is pretty ambitious.

Toki767

I talked for a little bit after it seemed like most people stopped talking lol. I don't like talking over people so I mostly just type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom