• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

Been playing a lot of VT4 lately. I've finished 2 world tours and played my fair share of exhibition matches (truthfully just for the 'play with everyone' trophy', which I got).

Game is so freaking addicting. I think I told myself I was done playing for the night at like 10pm, and didn't finish until I completed my world tour at 1am (pausing to watch certain Olympic events).

Been playing a lot of VT4 lately.

I don't even want to think about how much more I'd play Hot Shots Golf if I didn't have a one year old to tend to. First time playing the series and I can't get enough. So fast paced and arcadey but at the same time... so much depth.

FireCloud

LBP Vita gets release date...Sept. 25th in NA, 19th in EU.

7694466470_48801267a0_m.jpg

PSBlog: LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Launching September 25th in North America

Sorry if old...

Edit: Should have know Wario would have made a thread: LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Launching September 25th in North America

Foshy

Just bought Beaterator, if you're interested in some music making software for Vita it's pretty good, deeper than I thought. The UI takes some time to get used to, though.

EDIT: Can't wait for the 19th then :)

cyborg009

Banned
from the main site

ikaros's stable

There was once a man who owned a stable.

The stable was famous for producing fine horses, and it was decided that the stable owner's liege's only son would be presented a white horse, the finest of all, on the occasion of his coming of age ceremony.

However, one day the stable owner heard that the liege's son desired a horse he saw in a distant land — a horse which could fly through the air.
The stable owner, shaken by this, plucked the feathers from countless types of winged animals, attempting to fasten them to the back of the white horse, but he realized that no matter what he did, he would not be able to create a flying horse.

Then, a certain person's words fell on the crestfallen man's ears.
"If you wish to achieve what you desire, you must make an offering. The more valuable the thing offered, the greater the chance of achieving what you desire."

The stable owner did what the voice said — he offered as a sacrifice the finest of all of his horses, the white horse.
The white horse melted away, turning into white wax, which then bore feathers.
Hardly daring to hope, the man attached the feathers to a horse... ...and it, indeed, soared across the sky.

Later, the liege's son fell to his death from the gifted flying horse, in an accident born of his own carelessness. The stable owner was blamed, and later executed, but in the years leading up to his execution, he spent his life raising white horses, sacrificing them, and creating beasts which could fly through the air, from his crops of feathers.

image9.png

siliconera has other stuff too http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/02/soul-sacrifice-lets-players-create-weapons-like-plant-swords/

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

Foshy

Damn, I just realized there's so much stuff on my radar...Sound Shapes, Papo y Yo, LBP, DJ Max Technika, Sly 4, LBPKart, PSASBR and I finally wanted to get the PS3 Uncharted Trilogy this year (only played Golden Abyss).

Wii U must definetely wait until next year, lol.

Edit: I forgot AC3 Liberation and NFS Most Wanted :/ The list goes on. Maybe even BlOps Declassified.

Beast780

I'm definitely stoked that LittleBigPlanet is launching sooner than I thought it was. I'm destined to grab that on day one!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Absolutely off topic but could someone make a thread on this I remember the Android version going free because of piracy being a pretty big thread.

"Dead trigger goes free on iOS, where piracy is apparently also a problem"

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/2/3214685/dead-trigger-free-ios

Is this thread worthy?

wonder how they feel about vita/PS mobile

I don't want to be negative here ( guys made me feel like the villain in the Darksiders 2 thread) but I think PlayStation Mobile is already "too late".

The PlayStation certified devices (Arc,XPlay,S1, HTC One V) are already out/got released and died/outdated, no new one got announced in a long time,and with few more months without PSMobile then no phone manufacturers or developer will ever care about the damn thing.

patsu

I don't want to be negative here ( guys made me feel like the villain in the Darksiders 2 thread) but I think PlayStation Mobile is already "too late".

The PlayStation certified devices (Arc,XPlay,S1, HTC One V) are already out/got released and died/outdated, no new one got announced in a long time,and with few more months without PSMobile then no phone manufacturers or developer will ever care about the damn thing.

Yeah, they need to build PS Mobile momentum on Sony's hardware first. That's why PS3 and Vita version are important.

The alternative is to try iOS port also.

Basically something to jumpstart the user base. ^_^

brentech

I don't even want to think about how much more I'd play Hot Shots Golf if I didn't have a one year old to tend to. First time playing the series and I can't get enough. So fast paced and arcadey but at the same time... so much depth.

Yeah, having the bum ankle that doesn't seem to look like I'll be walking for another month at the least, I've just been secluded to sitting most days.

So alongside VT the last few days, I've also played a crap load of HSG. Went like a month and a half before I got my first eagle, now it's a regular occasion....except I still haven't got a single shot in using a special shot.
Game gets tough up on level 5 as well, the course is a bitch.

FireCloud

I agree. I would think Sony would do better releasing their PlayStation Mobile content on the Android Play Store and the Apple App Store. Make it available to the devices that are capable of running it instead of having specific PlayStation certified devices.

I got Hot Shots Golf today. I suck at it and I'm not feeling it... Anyone got any tips for beginners?

Stick with it, it's almost RPG-ish in nature. Press down before you aim your shot to see how the grass falls and adjust accordingly. Don't try to do fancy shit like wrap it around a barn while sneaking past the tractor until you're really adept at it.

And the best advice I have is master the timing on the swing, most crucial thing I've learned.

(I suck ass at putting, don't ask for advice there.)

brentech

Early on I just recommend going for character+equipment with highest control/impact. Don't worry about spin or yards. Hit onto the fairway and don't try for course cutting shots unless you're 100% sure you can make it.

You'll get a good feel for how different ground under your feet can push the ball one way or the other, but the early courses don't have too much of that unless you're in a bunker.

As you get comfortable hitting perfect impacts or near it, you can play around with using backspin or topsin. Later courses your almost start to have to use it to keep a ball in play.

Speaking of HSG... just beat the third duel. Have to go back and beat the fifth course though, I can't settle for less than a star! (I lost by one stroke after getting cocky and paying for it... hence my tip about not doing fancy things.)

Bronze level, you're on notice.

Empty

joined the vita team. bought a wi-fi with 32GB card and uncharted the other day. such a great piece of hardware, just as impressive as when i first played the PSP but with a much more complete feeling design. the screen is absolutely glorious.

gonna buy a more arcadey game to supplement uncharted for now; tempted by hot shots for £11.99 on the ps store.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
joined the vita team. bought a wi-fi with 32GB card and uncharted the other day. such a great piece of hardware, just as impressive as when i first played the PSP but with a much more complete feeling design. the screen is absolutely glorious.

gonna buy a more arcadey game to supplement uncharted for now; tempted by hot shots for £11.99 on the ps store.

Welcome to the clan

Yes get Hot Shot Golf Vita it's amazing, also Get Gravity Rush and Mutant Blobs Attack. (also VT4 if you like sport or Tennis).

WELCOME

Make sure you pick up Gravity Rush sometime! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom