• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

Speaking of HSG... just beat the third duel. Have to go back and beat the fifth course though, I can't settle for less than a star! (I lost by one stroke after getting cocky and paying for it... hence my tip about not doing fancy things.)

Bronze level, you're on notice.

Yeah, I was fine until like course 4, managed to star them all, but course 5 I've only tried like 3 times, but end up in last each time. Almost want to try out easy mode, but it feels dirty. Instead I've held off from playing it and just went back and started crowning events. Not even knowning what they were, I somehow crowned every full course I've played on my first try. Now I've looked them up and doing them earning money to buy better equipment to take on course 5

kiyomi

joined the vita team. bought a wi-fi with 32GB card and uncharted the other day. such a great piece of hardware, just as impressive as when i first played the PSP but with a much more complete feeling design. the screen is absolutely glorious.

gonna buy a more arcadey game to supplement uncharted for now; tempted by hot shots for £11.99 on the ps store.
Welcome :)

WELCOME

Make sure you pick up Gravity Rush sometime! :3
Welcome to the clan

Yes get Hot Shot Golf Vita it's amazing, also Get Gravity Rush and Mutant Blobs Attack. (also VT4 if you like sport or Tennis).

Speaketh the truth.

I was just about to get my first birdie but my Vita suddenly run out of juice, I didn't even notice, lol.

Yeah, I was fine until like course 4, managed to star them all, but course 5 I've only tried like 3 times, but end up in last each time. Almost want to try out easy mode, but it feels dirty.

I knew HSG5 had easy mode, I didn't know the Vita version did. I've gotten stars on all but 3 of the last events. I guess that makes me feel pretty good

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Welcome to the clan

Yes get Hot Shot Golf Vita it's amazing, also Get Gravity Rush and Mutant Blobs Attack. (also VT4 if you like sport or Tennis).
And get it if you're like me and don't like sports or tennis!

You can start any time. But traffic seems to come more @ nighttime haha
Yeah, I don't want to start it now because it'll just be me, all lonely and sad.

cyborg009

Banned
<3 ~

LBP news and this make me happy.

I'm hoping to try "Ciel no Surge" too.

I think that is a waifu simulator

I don't want to be negative here ( guys made me feel like the villain in the Darksiders 2 thread) but I think PlayStation Mobile is already "too late".

The PlayStation certified devices (Arc,XPlay,S1, HTC One V) are already out/got released and died/outdated, no new one got announced in a long time,and with few more months without PSMobile then no phone manufacturers or developer will ever care about the damn thing.

I agree with you

Sol1dus

Welcome to the clan

Rush out and get them today. All sports games are 50% off at gamestop. I got HSG for $15, and Gamestop gave me a free online pass printed on my receipt. :)

I'll get on Gaf chat tonight and stay until there's a lot of people present and the ecosystem can sustain itself. :p

Vossler

Just bought a Vita, and totally forgot to pick up VT4, one of my favorite franchises from the DC days. Are they really 15 bucks at GS?

I don't want to be negative here ( guys made me feel like the villain in the Darksiders 2 thread) but I think PlayStation Mobile is already "too late".

The PlayStation certified devices (Arc,XPlay,S1, HTC One V) are already out/got released and died/outdated, no new one got announced in a long time,and with few more months without PSMobile then no phone manufacturers or developer will ever care about the damn thing.

So you're saying that having an open platform for developing Vita apps is a bad thing and nobody cares about it? Because PlayStation Suite was rebranded to PlayStation Mobile -- so while the stuff like the Xperia or whatever that played downloaded psOne games might be forgotten, the ability to use PS Mobile to do things like the dude did with allowing the Vita to remotely play L4D with motion controls? I don't think there's anything but upside there, so long as we can get enough talented people in the Vita community who care enough to support it.

Toki767

Yeah, it's a really nice function. Never had something like that before.

Birdied it too! ^_^

Nice. I picked up the game on PSN when it was half off a couple weeks ago but I suck at it lol. I like the presentation of the game though. Just wish it looked a little nicer.

Kazerei

Banned
I got Hot Shots Golf today. I suck at it and I'm not feeling it... Anyone got any tips for beginners?

HSG Vita was my first HSG game. And yep, I sucked at first too. But after hours of practice, I started to feel my skills improving, which was incredibly satisfying. I chickened out and started using easy mode in the middle of rank 4 though, heh. After getting some better equipment, I've been able to star rank 4 and most of rank 5. But damn, rank 6 is killer.

My advice is to buy only the characters, clubs, and balls from the shop that you really want. The game doesn't give you much points, so you'll want to focus your spending.

Control is the most important stat, for beginners and pros alike. It's the accuracy of the golfer.

Impact is nice for beginners, but you should try to get used to having a small impact zone.

Between Power and Spin, I think Spin is a little more important. I find myself using topspin and backspin very often.

Here's a good writeup on how to play the game.

One thing I didn't notice for a long time was the lay of the ball. It's shown in the bottom right corner. The ball will leave roughly perpendicular from the ground. It makes a huge difference when you're on a slope.

brentech

Ha, think that's the same guide I found some weeks ago when I was looking for some advice. Really gives all the needed details.

Rush out and get them today. All sports games are 50% off at gamestop. I got HSG for $15, and Gamestop gave me a free online pass printed on my receipt. :)

What's up with the free online pass? Is that status quo? I might have to drop in and buy both HSG and VT4 then.

Also, can you stack additional coupons on it? I think I have some GameStock coupon.

So my vita is having an issue. The power is on, ps button glows blue, but the screen is blank. I hold the power button to go into safe mode, and have tried all the options; rebuild database, restore, restart, etc, and they all just go back to the black screen.

Anyone else have this problem?

Sol1dus

Oh? Will buy Virtua Tennis if i find a copy later before i go to work :D

I really with my GS had it. This golf-anime nonsense is making me angry. -_-"

What's up with the free online pass? Is that status quo? I might have to drop in and buy both HSG and VT4 then.

Also, can you stack additional coupons on it? I think I have some GameStock coupon.

Not sure, but I would take the coupon just in case. And about the Online Pass, yeah, I think they're doing it for most games now. My friend got Resistance and they printed out the online code on his receipt too.

Empty

Welcome to the clan

WELCOME

Make sure you pick up Gravity Rush sometime! :3

Welcome :)

Speaketh the truth.

thanks guys :3

yeah gravity rush is one of the games i bought a vita for (that, wipeout and uncharted), been drooling over it for a bit. however i often make the mistake of falling in love with the new buying everything cool at once on a new system and spending too much money and getting overwhelmed with single player games so i'm going to wait till i finish uncharted before getting it.

i love tennis and virtua tennis in general, played a lot of WT on psp, but it's still £34.99 on the store so will wait for a drop.

will look into mutant blobs, not familiar with it.

hot shots sounds like it's worth it from the response here. gonna grab it then.

Sol1dus

thanks guys :3

yeah gravity rush is one of the games i bought a vita for (that, wipeout and uncharted), been drooling over it for a bit. however i often make the mistake of falling in love with the new buying everything cool at once on a new system and spending too much money and getting overwhelmed with single player games so i'm going to wait till i finish uncharted before getting it.

i love tennis and virtua tennis in general, played a lot of WT on psp, but it's still £34.99 on the store so will wait for a drop.

will look into mutant blobs, not familiar with it.

hot shots sounds like it's worth it from the response here. gonna grab it then.

Liked Uncharted, but hated it by the end so I traded it for Gravity Rush here on Neogaf. I'm loving it, and I'm almost done. So after Uncharted, you have another great game to look forward to.

Vossler

If VT4 is only 15 bucks at my local GS, it'll be the first time in a long time I've thrown money their way and not amazon's/newegg's.

Mondriaan

So you're saying that having an open platform for developing Vita apps is a bad thing and nobody cares about it? Because PlayStation Suite was rebranded to PlayStation Mobile -- so while the stuff like the Xperia or whatever that played downloaded psOne games might be forgotten, the ability to use PS Mobile to do things like the dude did with allowing the Vita to remotely play L4D with motion controls? I don't think there's anything but upside there, so long as we can get enough talented people in the Vita community who care enough to support it.
Totally agree.

I think they are looking at it strictly from the perspective of market share, which is completely wrongheaded IMO. It should really be seen as a gateway into PSN development for amateurs, hobbyists, and other indies. The cool things that people are doing right now (that may or may not end up on PSN) is a terrific bonus.

from the main site

ikaros's stable

image9.png

siliconera has other stuff too http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/02/soul-sacrifice-lets-players-create-weapons-like-plant-swords/

I like where this game is going...

Soul Sacrifice is going to be awesome.

I like where this game is going...

Soul Sacrifice is going to be awesome.

Ugh so juicy. I want this game, so bad ._. This is very interesting though, this means you can do more neutral and non-harmful sacrifices to help preserve your humanity. I really, really love how this game is shaping up.

You can start any time. But traffic seems to come more @ nighttime haha

yeah even lunch started talking :p (i think)

Wish both you and lunch would talk ;0) it'd be a lot of fun to have a roundtable discussion.

Sucks - I've got the post nasal drip happening = grumpy :( must not catch cold. Must not catch cold.

I work tonight too, so my cynical self will be absent. Bah.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Wish both you and lunch would talk ;0) it'd be a lot of fun to have a roundtable discussion.

Sucks - I've got the post nasal drip happening = grumpy :( must not catch cold. Must not catch cold.

I work tonight too, so my cynical self will be absent. Bah.
Since neither you nor Kyon will be on tonight, I'll make sure to talk!

Can we do anything about the control scheme for PSP games on Vita, I forget.

Can't be arsed to buy Vice City Stories if I have to play with arse controls.

Sol1dus

Can we do anything about the control scheme for PSP games on Vita, I forget.

Can't be arsed to buy Vice City Stories if I have to play with arse controls.

I heard here that the controls don't benefit from the second analog. I think foryourvitahype.com did a little inside look of it running of Vita, so check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom