• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

What's your guys's take on Shinobido 2? I bought it at a lowish price, and it seems to be to be like Tenchu from the ps2 days. Any thoughts, good, bad or otherwise?

patsu

So you're saying that having an open platform for developing Vita apps is a bad thing and nobody cares about it? Because PlayStation Suite was rebranded to PlayStation Mobile -- so while the stuff like the Xperia or whatever that played downloaded psOne games might be forgotten, the ability to use PS Mobile to do things like the dude did with allowing the Vita to remotely play L4D with motion controls? I don't think there's anything but upside there, so long as we can get enough talented people in the Vita community who care enough to support it.

He's just saying there is no (or not enough) momentum behind that initiative, plus Sony's taking too long to make it relevant/exciting in the fast evolving mobile space.

The motivation behind PS Mobile is good though.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
i wasn't reading right i'm still out of it from the dentist

Right after you meet the homeless guy or whatever in that weird door in the wall.
That was yesterday. I thought your teeth were hurt, not your brain. Spoilers for The Grim Heaper's life:
Did you get your wisdom teeth pulled?

Ah, it was still good for me then too. Wait until you hit the double digits.

Sol1dus

I swear on my deity, that this pos game is just trolling me. Seriously, nothing I do seems right. AGHH! I'll probably just put it away and go read after this stupid tournament.

That was yesterday. I thought your teeth were hurt, not your brain. Spoilers for The Grim Heaper's life:
Did you get your wisdom teeth pulled?

Ah, it was still good for me then too. Wait until you hit the double digits.
I can't wait!

and no I got porcelain fillings last week and they've been hurting since so I went back today and he drilled them down and shit

I swear on my deity, that this pos game is just trolling me. Seriously, nothing I do seems right. AGHH! I'll probably just put it away and go read after this stupid tournament.
shhhh

it'll all be over soon

Kyon

Banned
Stop eying it and get Metal Gear instead.

You first TBH *looks at your name*

zzz.gif

EDIT: Coqui (inside joke)

brentech

If I start a new Virtua Tennis character in World Tour, will any of my clothing carry over?

not sure on clothing since my second character was a female.
A good note is that your skills carry over though. So if you had like 60 net skills, you still have it on the new character.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
not sure on clothing since my second character was a female.
A good note is that your skills carry over though. So if you had like 60 net skills, you still have it on the new character.
Oh, good. I wanted to make a female character too, but figured that skills wouldn't carry over at all, so didn't bother to ask. Glad to see I was wrong.

I can't wait!

and no I got porcelain fillings last week and they've been hurting since so I went back today and he drilled them down and shit

shhhh

it'll all be over soon

I had some fillings a couple years ago. One one them sat high and was giving me a terrible headache and jaw pains. He drilled it down and relief was like instant.

I had some fillings a couple years ago. One one them sat high and was giving me a terrible headache and jaw pains. He drilled it down and relief was like instant.

Yep, that is exactly what happened to me I believe. My jaw still hurts a bit because I've been grinding my teeth so much the past week, but I think it'll be all good tomorrow.

I've BEEN giving it chances. The putting is totally broken. There's this little hill but the ball reacts like it just bounced off of a stray bullet.
you're being so mean ;_;

Glix

I've BEEN giving it chances. The putting is totally broken. There's this little hill but the ball reacts like it just bounced off of a stray bullet.

What? The putting is similar to most golf games I have ever played.

Oh, hard = broken. I see now.

Sol1dus

I just wish the game would walk you through all of its broken gimmicks before punishing you for following its instructions. :x

Yes, broken. I've played hard games that are hard because you don't do things right.

HSG's putting is broken because the ball physics are ridiculous.

Kazerei

Banned
Good, good.

Also, I haven't been this angry at a game since Dark Souls. WHY DOESN'T THE BALL GO WHERE I WANT IT TO GO.

That is all.

This is why people shouldn't judge games based on their graphics. Hot Shots Golf is more hardcore than Dark Souls! :D

It's all about the player's skill. You'll die lose alot before you start to get better.

Sol1dus

I'm using the little girl, the 1st club (not trainer's) and the circle meter. Anything I can change so its more enjoyable?

I'm using the little girl, the 1st club (not trainer's) and the circle meter. Anything I can change so its more enjoyable?

Gauge meter is by far my favourite, you unlock more. I could see myself using the straight meter too down the line.

You unlock new clubs, characters, balls all of which drastically change the game. Including real gimmick power shots.

No sense in keeping games that frustrate. Dark Souls was an exercise of frustration. Had it, wanted to play it again, since I'd recently beaten Dragons Dogma. I was quitting smoking - its been 11 days, yay- (mentioned in party chat), decided to play Dark Souls. Wrong call - traded it in so fast. That game had me desiring like 20 cigs at a time. No thanks. I admire what games are trying to do, but like shoes, not all fit. Nothing wrong with that.

Glix

I don't see anything that idiosyncratic about driving the ball. Its just timing, also make sure you put spin on it.

Putting is HARD. Not broken just hard. You have to learn how to manage your speed on the breaks to get the break you want. You just have to keep putting on slants to get used to it.

The game is very very rewarding. If you think you may enjoy it at all, I would suggest staying with it.

Sol1dus

I'll try that gauge then.

I'll fire it up again tonight, when I'm more relaxed and it isn't so damn hot here. I like to give games a chance before legitimately giving up on them.

Edit: Wait, spin?

The only RPGish type thing I saw was increasing someone's loyalty.

I'd said unlocking new clubs, balls, characters and stuff is kind of RPGish too.

And it's not open world, you do each rank is five courses, or front 9 then back 9x2 then full course followed by a 'boss' battle duel. Beat the boss to unlock that character and open the next tier.

cyborg009

Banned
Griffon

He was a noble.
His lands were vast, and he lived in opulence, supported by heavy taxes exacted from those who lived in his dominion.

One day, he was presented with an offering from the people ― a golden statue of a figure combining beast, bird, and man. His heart was swept away by the figure, and he felt an unnatural adoration for it.

The power of the unnatural love was such that it drove him to kill his wife for hiding the statue from him.

The years passed, and eventually the people rose up in rebellion, unable to further shoulder the burden of the noble's oppressive taxes. They swarmed around the noble's castle, and found him in his treasure vault.

By the time they found him, however, he was no longer human.

His love of gold had allowed the golden statue, which he loved without limit, to take over his body, transforming it into the statue’s likeness.

more at the site

image6.png

Kazerei

Banned
Edit: Wait, spin?

You have much to learn, my friend.

Sidespin - Ball will curve as it flies through the air. Useful when there's a large obstacle in the way, and you want to drive the ball around it.

Topspin - Ball will keep rolling after landing. Useful when you're hitting on to the fairway, gives it a bit of extra distance.

Backspin - Ball will roll less after landing. Useful when you're hitting on to the green, so it doesn't overshoot the hole.

Toki767

Sidespin - Ball will curve as it flies through the air. Useful when there's a large obstacle in the way, and you want to drive the ball around it.

Topspin - Ball will keep rolling after landing. Useful when you're hitting on to the fairway, gives it a bit of extra distance.

Backspin - Ball will roll less after landing. Useful when you're hitting on to the green, so it doesn't overshoot the hole.

How does one do these spins?

Sol1dus

ok cool, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Toki, I just PM'd a link to you that shows you how.

Famassu

Nope, US and Puerto Rico only. Since Planet Axel is now gone, I'm not sure where to import my Vita games. Would've pre-ordered P4G and Zero Escape:VLR from them the day they announced that they were shutting down.
If you are boycotting VideoGamesPlus, there's still Game(s)universe.com (don't remember if it's plural or not, atm, and am too lazy to check). They have decent prices and not too horrible p&p fees.

Kazerei

Banned
How does one do these spins?

During the swing, hold one direction on the D-pad when setting the power, then hold the opposite direction when setting the impact. So for topspin,

1. Press X to start the swing
2. Hold down on the D-pad
3. Press X to set the power
4. Hold up on the D-pad
5. Press X to set the impact

Edit: I should've mentioned this is for super spin. For normal spin, you only need to hold the direction when setting the impact. But you should always do super spin, it's just better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom