• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

VT4 is so much better than HSG. All of the VT4 love here makes me so happy. I'm in my 2nd world tour and it's great. The loading times are amazingly fast (so is the actual startup of the game from the Vita OS). Online games are usually quick. Perfect handheld game.

I'll get into HSG again at some point, but the hours I spent with it were way too frustrating.

Toki767

During the swing, hold one direction on the D-pad when setting the power, then hold the opposite direction when setting the impact. So for topspin,

1. Press X to start the swing
2. Hold down on the D-pad
3. Press X to set the power
4. Hold up on the D-pad
5. Press X to set the impact

See, I never would've known that stuff. I just press X to swing and set the power and impact lol

Benedict

So this is what I currently have on my Vita (3 gb free on a 32 gb card):

Everybody's Golf
Unit 13
Riidge Racer
Gravity Rush
Virtua Tennis 4
Pinball Arcade
Tombs Of Montezuma Blitz
Super Stardust Delta
Frobisher Says!
Mutant Blobs Attack
Motorstorm RC
StarDrone Extreme
Escape Plan
Pure Chess
Hustle Kings
Cliff Diving
Table Football
Fireworks
Foosball 2012 (demo)
Puddle (demo)

PSP-spel:
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
Sega Megadrive Collection
Little Big Planet
R-Type Tactics
Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe
Modnation Racers
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling...
Everybody's Tennis
GTA Vice City Stories
The Warriors
GTA Chinatown Wars

Also 22 minis and some apps.

most played game at the moment: Tales of Montezuma Blitz...
PSN Id: Arkeologen

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Griffon

more at the site

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/image6.png[/QUOTE]

I really like the artstyle.

But more importantly Soul Sacrifice sound like it try to improve a lot of things in the MH/GE genre at with focus on the story and support characters and the involvements and doing new thing to the combat ..now watch the Japanese guys ignoring and not buying it.

Sol1dus

VT4 is so much better than HSG. All of the VT4 love here makes me so happy. I'm in my 2nd world tour and it's great. The loading times are amazingly fast (so is the actual startup of the game from the Vita OS). Online games are usually quick. Perfect handheld game.

I'll get into HSG again at some point, but the hours I spent with it were way too frustrating.
Rub it in man, rub it in.
The bad thing about VT4 is that I don't think I'll find it for cheaper as time goes on.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Rub it in man, rub it in.
The bad thing about VT4 is that I don't think I'll find it for cheaper as time goes on.
Has anybody talked about how Virtua Tennis 4 is the greatest game of all time? It looks fantastic, it plays fantastic, it has a wonderful story mode, a ton of unlockables, it's just simply amazing. Guess you chose wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cyborg009

Banned
I really like the artstyle.

But more importantly Soul Sacrifice sound like it try to improve a lot of things in the MH/GE genre at with focus on the story and support characters and the involvements and doing new thing to the combat ..now watch the Japanese guys ignoring and not buying it.

People hate change and I could see it being ignored. And people will keep asking for new things.

patsu

No sense in keeping games that frustrate. Dark Souls was an exercise of frustration. Had it, wanted to play it again, since I'd recently beaten Dragons Dogma. I was quitting smoking - its been 11 days, yay- (mentioned in party chat), decided to play Dark Souls. Wrong call - traded it in so fast. That game had me desiring like 20 cigs at a time. No thanks. I admire what games are trying to do, but like shoes, not all fit. Nothing wrong with that.

The Souls series is one of my most favoritest this gen. 8^(

Vossler

So just to confirm, as I am about to head to my local GS, it is only the USED versions of vita sports games that are going for 15 bucks, right?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
So just to confirm, as I am about to head to my local GS, it is only the USED versions of vita sports games that are going for 15 bucks, right?
Used, and they're not all $15, just 50% off, so Virtua Tennis 4 will be $17.50, if they have it at all.

Used, and they're not all $15, just 50% off, so Virtua Tennis 4 will be $17.50, if they have it at all.

Yeah, good luck -- I'm about to call the last one that's only a short way out of my route on the way home to see if they have it. So far, my GS have been 0/4.

So this is what I currently have on my Vita (3 gb free on a 32 gb card):

Everybody's Golf
Unit 13
Riidge Racer
Gravity Rush
Virtua Tennis 4
Pinball Arcade
Tombs Of Montezuma Blitz
Super Stardust Delta
Frobisher Says!
Mutant Blobs Attack
Motorstorm RC
StarDrone Extreme
Escape Plan
Pure Chess
Hustle Kings
Cliff Diving
Table Football
Fireworks
Foosball 2012 (demo)
Puddle (demo)

PSP-spel:
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
Sega Megadrive Collection
Little Big Planet
R-Type Tactics
Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe
Modnation Racers
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Final Fantasy Tactics
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling...
Everybody's Tennis
GTA Vice City Stories
The Warriors
GTA Chinatown Wars

Also 22 minis and some apps.

most played game at the moment: Tales of Montezuma Blitz...
PSN Id: Arkeologen

* scans huge list for WipEout multiple times...
Wut?

Adding you (I'm MaimTron9000)

Mondriaan

People hate change and I could see it being ignored. And people will keep asking for new things.
I'm kind of expecting numbers comparable to Ragnarok Odyssey. I don't expect that it's going to be ignored, but then again Inafune (meaning it will probably be great, but highly likely to be ignored).

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I actually love that minigame. The bomb one is tough though.

Try to aim for the outside or inside corners and be patient.
I used to be able to get max serves like nobody's business, and then I upped the difficulty to Experienced, and it all went downhill.

I like the bomb one! The wall challenge is really difficult, as is the wind challenge on higher difficulties. On Casual, every stage of the wind challenge is a breeze (get it, get it?).

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Soccer on highest difficulty is a bitch. Only one of the guys can be knocked out by the ball.
Yeah, once I discovered that the grey players couldn't be knocked out, I gave up. I don't know why, but I've had a lot of trouble with my new female character, which is strange as they shouldn't play any differently.

I like collecting baby chicks and running around as they follow me. :)
Until they get eaten by snakes. :(

Rezae

Picked up MLB 12 for around $12 thanks to this thread. Still had a valid online pass inside of it, so if anyone wants the extra printed on my Gamestop receipt send me a message on PSN (Rezae).

Damn I'm getting a backlog now...

The games I'm dragging my feet on (Going by trophy %):
MLB - 0
Wipeout - 8%
HSG - 12%
MK - 18%
Motorstorm - 5%
MGS 3 - 1%
MGS 2 - 3%
Unit 13 - 18%

Plus I've barely scratched Ys 7, MH:FU, Knights in the Nightmare, and Growlanser on the PSP (and I really want Unchained Blades).

I'm *&^% once September hits and Ragnarok, LBP, and so many others start trickling out.

NO GAMEZ!!!

xBigDanx

Hey guys... I'm sure it's been discussed in this thread but at 56 pages, I figured I'd just ask again.

Any good RPG recommendations that I can play on the Vita?

Trigger

Hey guys... I'm sure it's been discussed in this thread but at 56 pages, I figured I'd just ask again.

Any good RPG recommendations that I can play on the Vita?

Persona 3 Portable
Persona 1 and 2
Z.H.P. (though it's also a rogue-like).
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Tactics Ogre

Those would be my top suggestions for RPGs.

EDIT- Or that thread lunch suggested. :p

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 1 and 2
Z.H.P. (though it's also a rogue-like).
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Tactics Ogre

Those would be my top suggestions for RPGs.

EDIT- Or that thread lunch suggested. :p
Agreed! 8)

The thread I posted is a good start, but if you want a bit more information and personal recommendations, I'd go with Cladun x2, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and Tactics Ogre. Cladun x2 is a fun, grindy (perhaps too much so) action RPG dungeon crawler that has a heavy focus on customization, Ys: The Oath in Felghana is a charming, wonderfully paced action RPG with some light platforming elements that help spice up the game, and Tactics Ogre is a sweeping, epic strategy RPG that has some gameplay elements to make the game a decent introduction for newcomers. If you can only choose one, I'd go for Oath.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
shut up lunch zhp is fun ):

TiTS is awesome, too... I still need to play but but it is awesome! Trust me!
Oh man, I completely forgot about Trails in the Sky. If you can only get one, choose that. An amazing world, a fantastic battle system, and some
stereotypical, poorly done
gay subtext, what more could you want.

shut up no it isn't

NO NO NO NO.

xBigDanx, please, pretty please don't listen to this,it's a horrible game and really bad port,buy anything on that list but please avoid P3P.
xBigDanx, meet Totobeni, our resident crazy person.

kiyomi

Hey look the P3P robot is here again :p

Haven't even started TiTs.

xBigDanx, if I can offer you one bit of advice about PSP RPGS, don't try and play so many at once like I have.

I started FF, P2, 3rd BIrthday, TO, MHFU at the same time, plus P3 and Skyrim on the console.

>.<

NO NO NO NO.

xBigDanx, please, pretty please don't listen to this,it's a horrible game and really bad port,buy anything on that list but please avoid P3P.seriously.
scram totobeni git out

P3P is pretty good but it's not too great compared to the PS2 games. tread these waters carefully bigdan

xBigDanx, if I can offer you one bit of advice about PSP RPGS, don't try and play so many at once like I have.

I started FF, P2, 3rd BIrthday, TO, MHFU at the same time, plus P3 and Skyrim on the console.

>.<
I've done this before. It's an awful experience and I have yet to finish one in the large pile.

Trigger

I can't believe people dislike Persona 3 Portable....StuBurns is right though. FES is the definitive version of the game.

>.<

I have that problem. I'm playing FF Tactics, P3P, and Z.H.P. all at once. I'd probably beat one or two by now if I just stuck to one game. I also need to finish Corpse Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom