• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

It's August, Sony, where the hell is my PS1 game support?!?! I swear, so damn annoying.

At least I have the last dungeon of TiTS to play (even though I wasn't as impressed with it as some).

Hex

Banned
It's August, Sony, where the hell is my PS1 game support?!?! I swear, so damn annoying.

At least I have the last dungeon of TiTS to play (even though I wasn't as impressed with it as some).

Really?
August 2nd?
We will most likely not hear anything until Gamescom.

Yeah, this has just gotten ridiculous. I wonder how many people bought it and expected it to have psone support based on the product description on Amazon. I just looked it up and yep, it's still there.

amazon.com said:
Vita can play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store

Here, via Vita's improved Wi-Fi capabilities owners can download new game add-ons, movies, comics and PS One classics ported over for handheld play.

The best in content, from classic PS One games to your favorite franchises and new ones going forward.

Just embarrassing that this is still not ready.

krpiper

Got the last copy of Mortal Kombat at my Gamestop.

I did the store pick-up option at midnight or so, as I was going to be running errands in town today.

I got to the store around noon (the store opens at 10) tand I get out the words, "I had an online pick up for Morta...." - Me

"Oh okay you had the MK game!" - Sales clerk

"Yeah" - Me

"Oh okay well I put it back on the shelf because people who have been using online pick up, havent been getting the games lately. This is the last copy!" - Sales Clerk

"Don't you uh, hold them for 24 hours." - Me

"Uh well...." - Sales Clerk

Just a weird experience in general.

Heysoos

If you had to pick one: Ragnarok Odyssey or Persona 4 Golden ?

I can't make up my mind to pre order on Newegg's sale. D:

cyborg009

Banned
damn picotto knights looks good.

Piccotto-Knights_08-01_025.jpg
Piccotto-Knights_08-01_012.jpg

I hope it gets a localize

I am always tempted to get Ridge Racer, but the damn price has yet to drop.

Avoid. I liked it well enough at first, but it's a nearly broken grind a thon, with little /no reward. Wishing I didn't buy it digitally - at least I could have recouped some cost - by selling it off..

LuchaShaq

Banned
If you had to pick one: Ragnarok Odyssey or Persona 4 Golden ?

I can't make up my mind to pre order on Newegg's sale. D:

Persona 4

I rarely like post SNES jrpgs or even Japanese games very often but Persona 4 is probably my favorite game of all time.

Heysoos

Good enough, flipped a coin and picked Persona 4. I've never played any of the MH games/Persona games so either one would have been a relatively new experience.

Dissonant

Neo Member
I've been lurking here for a while but this thread has been so good I had to post. I've had a vita since march and picked up VT4 and Mortal Kombat really cheap thanks to gaf. My psn Name is dissonant22 if anyone wants to add me.

I've been lurking here for a while but this thread has been so good I had to post. I've had a vita since march and picked up VT4 and Mortal Kombat really cheap thanks to gaf. My psn Name is dissonant22 if anyone wants to add me.

WELCOME

make sure you get gravity rush sometime, too, if you want a unique experience :3

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Good enough, flipped a coin and picked Persona 4. I've never played any of the MH games/Persona games so either one would have been a relatively new experience.

If you ever want to or going to try that genre, then get Gods Eater Burst instead of Monster Hunter Unite, it's the superior game ( actually good game unlike that boring grind fest called MH) and easier for new comers.

As for Persona, yeah that a good call (by your coin) P4 and P4G will be a good start for you, then you can play P2 and P1 too, just don't P3P.

WELCOME

make sure you get gravity rush sometime, too, if you want a unique experience :3

Yup, get Gravity Rush. (also Hot Shot Golf and Mutant Blobs Attack).

Sol1dus

Chat tonight was great, it was straight up voice chat for the first time. We had a 13 year old kid joining in and start talking trash. :p great fun times.
Now I'm off to bed, see you guys tomorrow.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I didn't realize the Mortal Kombat story mode had so many fights with different characters. It's perfect for learning moves. I feel dumb now for avoiding the game since I bought it on release thinking I would need to go into some kind of training mode to figure out how to play before actually playing it for fun. It seems more accessible than the other fighting games on the system. I also own MVC3 which doesn't do enough to discourage a noob like me from mashing buttons and never learning anything.

whitehawk

Banned
I didn't realize the Mortal Kombat story mode had so many fights with different characters. It's perfect for learning moves. I feel dumb now for avoiding the game since I bought it on release thinking I would need to go into some kind of training mode to figure out how to play before actually playing it for fun. It seems more accessible than the other fighting games on the system. I also own MVC3 which doesn't do enough to discourage a noob like me from mashing buttons and never learning anything.
Yup. Story mode is great except you CAN'T SKIP CUTSCENES! When you return to story mode, it drops you in a cutscene which you've probably already seen. Sucks if it's a long one.

Resistance did the same thing. You always returned to the beginning of each chapters movie, which was unskippable. So stupid.

Yeah I consider myself decent at Mortal Kombat, and I have tried countless times to get into MVC3 but it's just impossible for me to play it without thinking I suck haha

patsu

[Stare at full friends list. Flip table]

Can't drop anyone. I have scrubbed this list like 4 times already.

Anyway, I'll be away for the whole week next week. Going to Alaska. In time to come back to Gamescom I think.

Yup. Story mode is great except you CAN'T SKIP CUTSCENES! When you return to story mode, it drops you in a cutscene which you've probably already seen. Sucks if it's a long one.

Resistance did the same thing. You always returned to the beginning of each chapters movie, which was unskippable. So stupid.
This has happened to me numerous times with MK, both Vita and consoles. So lame. ):

[Stare at full friends list. Flip table]

Can't drop anyone. I have scrubbed this list like 4 times already.

Anyway, I'll be away for the whole week next week. Going to Alaska. In time to come back to Gamescom I think.

Have a good time, eh? :D

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Ragnarok Odyssey - Summer 2012
New Little King's Story - Summer 2012

I just want those two games before classes start again in the last week of August. What are the chances of that happening at this point?
Neither game has a solid release date, so I think it's unlikely. I wish the Vita game rush would happen before school starts, but I guess that's too much to ask for.

fernoca

Though in the case of Mortal Kombat, you can skip the cutscenes when/if you replay the story mode.Agree it is a dumb move, not letting you skip them normally; especially if you had to quit moments earlier.

Also as a reminder, when playing multi (or training solo); if you select an arena by pressing Start you can hear to the retro-version of that song. For the 3 people that remember some of the tunes of the original games. :p

And regarding alt-costumes, this can be chosen by selecting a character and pressing Start.
By default:
  • Mileena, Kitana, Jade has their MKII and MK3 costumes.
  • Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Ermac and Reptile has their MKI costume.
  • Smoke, Noob-Saibot has their MKII costume.
  • Cyrax, Sektor, Sub-Zero and Cyber Sub-Zero has their MK3 costumes.
  • Every other original-alternate costume is either unlocked by finishing Ladder Mode (you can save time by finishing in Tag aladder -2 characters-) or purchased on the Krypt. Except for Cyber Sub-Zero, who doesn't have an unlockable alt outside his retro. While Kenshi, Rain and Skarlet don't have alternate costumes neither, unlocked this way, but a few unlocked through the bonus challenge Tower.
  • Freddy doesn't have any alt costume.
  • A special costume for Mileena is unlocked by finishing the last mission of the original Challenge Tower.
  • Extra costumes for Skarlet (extra, MKII, MK3), Kenshi (extra), Rain (MK3), Ermac (MKII, MK3), Sub-Zero (MKII, UMK3), Scorpion (MKII, UMK3), Reptile (MKII, UMK3), Smoke (UMK3 -human-), Mileena (MKII) and Noob Saibot (UMK3).

And last but no least: Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile are the only ones that have a third (retro) Fatality.

An yep..I finally jumped in... :p

FfUQg.jpg

ZeroAKA

Neither game has a solid release date, so I think it's unlikely. I wish the Vita game rush would happen before school starts, but I guess that's too much to ask for.
Isn't the Chinese/English version of Ragnarok Odyssey supposed to be released in two weeks? Hopefully it doesn't take XSEED too long to bring the game to the US.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Isn't the Chinese/English version of Ragnarok Odyssey supposed to be released in two weeks? Hopefully it doesn't take XSEED too long to bring the game to the US.
Oh, I didn't know that. Amazon has it set for August 21st, but I've heard it's coming out in September, so it seems like it's still up in the air.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
MK vita looks much better in person than the videos and screens suggested.

It's a fantastic port and so far I'm digging the new challenge room stuff.

zroid

Banned
Is there a thread for minis that are actually worthwhile? with the abundance of crap on there, seems like it'd be useful.

Oh, I didn't know that. Amazon has it set for August 21st, but I've heard it's coming out in September, so it seems like it's still up in the air.

Following this Siliconera article, they asked XSEED recently and there is no current release date for the game sadly. But you can pick up a Hong Kong version of the game on August 16th.

It's a shame, because I was *really* looking forward to playing it on the 21st.

Eh, just wanted to pre-order while the discount is still around before I forget, but fair enough.

Trust me, I tried. My PS3 died Tuesday when I turned it on to preorder, since I couldn't do it on my Vita.

AFAIK, you still get the discount if you're ps+ next week when it drops.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What are some good Minis? Besides Velocity.

Too bad that people consider velocity a must buy but not minis like archibald's adventures(my favorite minis ever) only because most of the people only recently discovered minis.
And absolutely don't buy monster probably stolen my princess, it lasts 10 minutes(no kidding!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom