• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad that people consider velocity a must buy but not minis like archibald's adventures(my favorite minis ever) only because most of the people only recently discovered minis.
And absolutely don't buy monster probably stolen my princess, it lasts 10 minutes(no kidding!)

Can you play any Minis on the Vita? I got some via my + subscription.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
What are some good Minis? Besides Velocity.

I have Flying Hamster and Wacklands Boss. Both are very solid little games, with a decent level of production value.

I also have Twin Blades on XBLIG, and I found it rather enjoyable for what it was. Save for SNK's classic games, there not much on Mini's that's not space shooters or puzzle games, so this game is kinda unique for the service.

I don't have it yet, but Age of Zombies also seems to be a pretty solid game... but it's from Halfbrick, and all their games are pretty solid :)

Glix

I love that when I take a screengrab, I lose control of the game for a very long time. This has led to frustrating moments in both MK and Lumines, because I am apparently bad at learning this lesson.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Do you know that in the menù of the puddle demo, if you collect the second rainbow liquid on the left low corner will appear the equivalent of mortal kombat's "toasty"(a "toastyless" dude with a crown)?

Got Vice City Stories in the EU sale and its pretty good but how the hell do you pass that boomshine mission with the forklift? Tried it like 4 times and they give you no lenience at all with the timer :l

Massa

Has anyone ever found a solution to copy videos/images/music onto the vita while on GNU/Linux?

If you're up to it you could install lighttpd and then download your content using the Vita's web browser.

For the Vita I just use the PS3, but I used the above for my Android phone before rooting it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best quality case for price? I wouldn't want to spend more than $30, but I want something that's going to last well and keep my Vita safe.

Shai-Tan

Banned
What are some good Minis? Besides Velocity.

Where is my heart?, Floating God Saves the Pilgrims, Prehistoric Isle, Gang Wars, Wizorb, Hungry Giraffe.

I have Flying Hamster and Wacklands Boss. Both are very solid little games, with a decent level of production value.

I also have Twin Blades on XBLIG, and I found it rather enjoyable for what it was. Save for SNK's classic games, there not much on Mini's that's not space shooters or puzzle games, so this game is kinda unique for the service.

I don't have it yet, but Age of Zombies also seems to be a pretty solid game... but it's from Halfbrick, and all their games are pretty solid :)

+ for Age of Zombies from Halfbrick. I also liked Alien Zombie Death from the guys who made Mutant Storm (Reloaded). I would recommend that for people who don't mind something even more simple than Age of Zombies. One game I found that no one talks about is Denki Blocks. I thought that was kind of fun.

I didn't like Flying Hamster for whatever reason, nor Pix n' Love Rush :/

JoshHood

Got Vice City Stories in the EU sale and its pretty good but how the hell do you pass that boomshine mission with the forklift? Tried it like 4 times and they give you no lenience at all with the timer :l

Oh Christ, don't remind me. That was easily the most annoying mission in any of the PSP GTAs. Don't remember how I did it, but it took forever - think I just tried it again and again. Sorry I can't be more help!

Cornbread78

I hate it when the world slows down as you watch your baby drop in slow motion... "NOOOOOOOOOO" I had a minor disaster with my VITA last night I got the headphone cord tied up with my work lanyard when I was on break and it tugged the VITA right out of my hands sending it straight onto the concrete! Thankfully, it only ended up with a few minor scratches on the back corners and the screen and back touch panel were unaffected,(thank you, thank you, thank you) but still made my heart sink in fear and pain... maybe that was a sign I've been playing the thing too much!

OK, with that being said, can anyone recommend ny good cases that wrap around the VITA and remain comfortable to play with while on, like an iphone skin or case?

I hate it when the world slows down as you watch your baby drop in slow motion... "NOOOOOOOOOO" I had a minor disaster with my VITA last night I got the headphone cord tied up with my work lanyard when I was on break and it tugged the VITA right out of my hands sending it straight onto the concrete! Thankfully, it only ended up with a few minor scratches on the back corners and the screen and back touch panel were unaffected,(thank you, thank you, thank you) but still made my heart sink in fear and pain... maybe that was a sign I've been playing the thing too much!

OK, with that being said, can anyone recommend ny good cases that wrap around the VITA and remain comfortable to play with while on, like an iphone skin or case?

Monoprice sells some TPU cases for the Vita:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=vita

StuBurns

Banned
I dropped mine this morning. it was in the case, and the back was facing towards me, so I just grabbed it, without checking it was zipped, and the black beauty came thundering towards to the wood floor.

Cornbread78

I dropped mine this morning. it was in the case, and the back was facing towards me, so I just grabbed it, without checking it was zipped, and the black beauty came thundering towards to the wood floor.

Did the world slow down for you as you watched it drop? You just can't quite react fast enough... "Fuuuuuuuuuuu((((((((kkkkkkk NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best quality case for price? I wouldn't want to spend more than $30, but I want something that's going to last well and keep my Vita safe.

I just bought this from Amazon and I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm still considering an aluminum clamshell instead of my silicone protective glove (I have the HORI one); sometimes when I play fighters, the fact that the silicone is giving and not rigid makes it move when my thumb slides across the d-pad and this drives me nuts... MonoPrice seems to have them, wonder how the quality is.

It was like the black and white scene at the start of AntiChrist.

Filled with images of Willem Dafoe's stunt cock?

I'm still considering an aluminum clamshell instead of my silicone protective glove (I have the HORI one); sometimes when I play fighters, the fact that the silicone is giving and not rigid makes it move when my thumb slides across the d-pad and this drives me nuts... MonoPrice seems to have them, wonder how the quality is.

My problem with aluminum shells is that they don't offer near the drop protection that silicone does.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Sorry to hear that.

still working or died?

Pachimari

How come I am getting a "Error - An error occurred during this operation. (11:1)" message when trying to access Online Cooperative in Unit 13?

Famassu

NO NO NO NO.

xBigDanx, please, pretty please don't listen to this,it's a horrible game and really bad port,buy anything on that list but please avoid P3P.seriously.

Totobeni's non-recommendations should never be listened to. He has some weird hate towards lots of great games (P3P, Yakuza 4, Metroid Primes, among others). Persona 3 Portable is a great game. It's a portable game and the UMD couldn't quite fit the complete experience as is, but what it lacks are such minimal things that in the long run they don't matter or actually make the game less cumbersome to play.

I was having some weird errors trying to player match in UMvC3 last night; however, my buddy and I booted up MK9 and that was a bunch of fun and ran pretty well. Apparently they fixed the bullshit online from the console release.

Vossler

Snagged a used VT4 for 18 bucks last night at me local gamestop.....Can't wait to attempt to find time to play it now....

Cornbread78

I was having some weird errors trying to player match in UMvC3 last night; however, my buddy and I booted up MK9 and that was a bunch of fun and ran pretty well. Apparently they fixed the bullshit online from the console release.

Yeah, I booted up the MK online last night for a couple quick matches and got completely obliterated. I cannot play fighters competitively, I just get destroyed.....

Sweet, TY. I actually looked it up on Amazon and Monoprice is selling it cheaper (no shipping cost) through Amazon.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Totobeni's non-recommendations should never be listened to. He has some weird hate towards lots of great games (P3P, Yakuza 4, Metroid Primes, among others).

what?

Metroid Prime is great, I just don't like 3 Corruption. I don't even "hate them" it's just that Echoes and Corruption weren't as good as Prime 1. (and...I mentioned this in GAf like twice since I in most times avoid Nintendo threads).

Shinriji

problem is we haven't seen anything from the Vita version of Most Wanted yet. ( it can be an iOS port or something really bad).

Or it can be as awesome as the console version. Whatever, if the IOS version is as good as the Burnout Paradise that I spend so many time playing, I really don't care. Not for 30 bucks.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Or it can be as awesome as the console version. Whatever, if the IOS version is as good as the Burnout Paradise that I spend so many time playing, I really don't care. Not for 30 bucks.

I trust in Criterion. I'm sure the vita version will be great

If it was a decent or good port why EA/Criterion is still hiding it?

lack of footage and screens usually mean there is something not good with the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom