• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hoping Amazon will match the Newegg pre-order deals.

--

Vossler I'm totally jealous. I was 0/5 trying to find a copy of VT4 yesterday. :(

--

Still looking for PSN friends to help me with that Motorstorm RC pit wall trophy. :\

Shinriji

Still looking for PSN friends to help me with that Motorstorm RC pit wall trophy. :\

Say, I can help you, I already plat the game. Add me. But be warned that my times are not low, so it is easier to beat some low times that appears on the leaderboards randomly. That's what I done.

Say, I can help you, I already plat the game. Add me. But be warned that my times are not low, so it is easier to beat some low times that appears on the leaderboards randomly. That's what I done.

I got the one for beating one of my friend's times via pit wall (ghost brawl?), but it seems that I need a "challenge" on my wall for the other one? And yeah, anyone who's platinumed the game might not be able to help to my understanding.

Ponn

Banned
I already had a big preorder from last time Newegg did this. I'm throwing a couple new ones on though. How many people are picking up PS All Star Battle? Just wondering if there is going to be a sizable Vita community for it.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I already had a big preorder from last time Newegg did this. I'm throwing a couple new ones on though. How many people are picking up PS All Star Battle? Just wondering if there is going to be a sizable Vita community for it.
I'm interested in it, but I think I'll hold off until I know the Vita version is good and there's a decent community for it. Persona 4: The Golden is the only game I preordered because I know it'll be decent. I'd preorder Virtue's Last Reward, but I kind of want the watch, and Aksys hasn't said which retailers will carry it.

I'm interested in it, but I think I'll hold off until I know the Vita version is good and there's a decent community for it. Persona 4: The Golden is the only game I preordered because I know it'll be decent. I'd preorder Virtue's Last Reward, but I kind of want the watch, and Aksys hasn't said which retailers will carry it.

I'm tempted to pre-order:
Assassin's Creed
P4:G
Soul Sacrifice
Ragnarok Odyssey

But I think I'll hold off for now.

Cross play makes this a non-issue. Marvel would've been so much better off with it. SFxT should've been the rushed launch port instead :-(

FireCloud

Head-up guys: Newegg is doing a $10 off on all preorders.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ORDERPROMO&name=PS Vita Games&Order=BESTMATCH

Going to NFS: Most Wanted and COD. But it sucks that DJMAX isn't yet avaliable for preorders.

Seems like a good offer. Too bad that the only two games I'm sure I'm going to get on Day 1 are games that I want to own a digital copy of: LBP Vita and P4:G.

I might preorder COD since I'm fine with having it on a cart. Decisions...decisions...

Ponn

Banned

I definitely preordered P4G. I'm going to go ahead and throw All Star Battle on my preorder list. I also added Need for Speed MW, if its like Paradise and has custom music I will be set.

Those on the fence with this promo keep in mind couple things.

1) There is no guarantee this deal will pop up again, lots of people were disappointed they missed out last time, this is a second chance. Don't blow it.

2) They don't charge till it ships, free shipping and most people no tax.

3) You can always cancel before release if you decide you don't want the item.

4) They have a disclaimer offer is good till the 5th OR they run out of funds/hit their allocated quota so there is a good chance this could end at any time so don't procrastinate.

Not really hopping on board the NewEgg preorder train. Digital prices are $35 anyway, so it's not much of a deal after taxes if you've got a big card.

anddo0

question about Newegg and LBP Vita.
Will we get the pre-order bonuses?

Not really hopping on board the NewEgg preorder train. Digital prices are $35 anyway, so it's not much of a deal after taxes if you've got a big card.

$35 is nice. But, we're talking $29.99 flat (in some states). Plus, you save some space on your memory card. I have a 32gig as well. But it's almost filled up.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I almost preordered Soul Sacrifice, but I'd like to see what its Japanese reception is first.

Japanese sales don't reflect the quality of the game,the market is just broken out there beyond believe and they (japanese gamers) sometimes ignore a better game for an inferior game with bigger name behind it.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Japanese sales don't reflect the quality of the game,the market is just broken out there beyond believe and they (japanese gamers) sometimes ignore a better game for an inferior game with bigger name behind it.
I was talking about reviews.

Ponn

Banned

I only buy games digitally if they are insanely cheap or i'm positive I want to keep forever. I broke that rule with Gravity Rush and regret it. I will eventually buy P4G digitally but when it hits the 19.99 range which will be awhile. If I can get a good deal price on some new games physically I will go ahead and jump on it because I know i'm not stuck with them. If they are great then they stay on my shelf. If they are middling I can beat them and trade them in. In P4G case I will either keep it or play it then trade it and pick it up later digitally during an Atlus sale.

cyborg009

Banned

I think Demon Souls got 29/40 from famitsu........

regardless it sold great

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I think Demon Souls got 29/40 from famitsu........

regardless it sold great

Yeah Famitsu is bullshit.

Demon's Souls sold pathetically 39,689 in it's first week (70K for first month) didn't even break 100k till words of mouth started doing it's magic later...this should tell you a lot of things.

the Japanese market and their reviewers aren't be the the way to judge a new IP like Soul Sacrifice(especially one share the same genre as another popular game)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
famitsu reviews are powered by soap land money and free gravure dvds(in short not trust worthy).

go with J-gaffers impressions I'd say.
I wasn't talking about Famitsu so much as impressions and import reviews.

gosh totobeni let me do what i want

I didn't see the promo code on the other thread haha. I'm preordering way too much stuff haha... thankfully some of the Vita games I want aren't out till next year. I do want to get New King's Story, Ragnarok Odyssey, Persona and a few others though :\

cyborg009

Banned
I just notice the walls, I think the area might be a maze?

4xmk28.jpg
32gj0j.jpg

I just notice the walls, I think the area might be a maze?

Ugh that game just looks better and better. Definitely preordering it. I'm also want to preorder Ruin, although it worries me that they still list it as Ruin and not Warrior's Lair? Would you guys recommend against preordering it? I'm super excited for that game, it's the closest I'll get to a portable Diablo esque game (I was really let down by D3) so I'm hoping it's a really fun dungeon crawler.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Thinking about preordering the AC3: Liberation Vita bundle (dat white vita) and I'm guessing that it's confirmed that Sony removed the included memory card?

Also, what case do you guys suggest using for the Vita? I found this one for pretty cheap, seems like a nice case for storage purposes.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Thinking about preordering the AC3: Liberation Vita bundle (dat white vita) and I'm guessing that it's confirmed that Sony removed the included memory card?

Also, what case do you guys suggest using for the Vita? I found this one for pretty cheap, seems like a nice case for storage purposes.

Yeah I think the memory card is gone(stupid Sony)

Get any solid case, just don't get one with a hard piece of cloth inside it that touch the screen when you close it since it will "mirco" scratch the hell out of the screen.

I'm pretty happy with the case I posted earlier... and since I don't have a lot of physical media yet, the little pull out pouch for the Vita has been a good enough case for now when I'm on the go. :)

Monsters Stole My Princess was the game that got me to look at minis differently.
it may be a little on the short side but it's hilarious. Absolutely Hilarious.
And great gameplay. I recommend 100%.

Salaadin

Hmm.

Somebody has a new in box Vita for $180 up on Craigslist.

Problem is, I'd have to go into the shady part of town to get it, and probably get shanked.

At least youll have a Vita to play with in the hosptial!

I recently got MK Vita at Gamestop and am surprised at how much I like it. I havent played MK since the N64 so I wasnt expecting too much.

My brother just got a Vita too so I have a guaranteed Ragnarok Odyssey partner. I hope the multi in that game is fun. Has anyone here played it?

patsu

Yeah Famitsu is bullshit.

Demon's Souls sold pathetically 39,689 in it's first week (70K for first month) didn't even break 100k till words of mouth started doing it's magic later...this should tell you a lot of things.

the Japanese market and their reviewers aren't be the the way to judge a new IP like Soul Sacrifice(especially one share the same genre as another popular game)

Demon's Souls was undershipped. Sony completely messed that up.

Yeah, I don't know wassup with _all_ the people reviewing Demon's Souls in and outside Sony. It still boggles my mind today.

It looks like the users and word of mouth are solely responsible for its sales.

EDIT:
I hate it when the world slows down as you watch your baby drop in slow motion... "NOOOOOOOOOO" I had a minor disaster with my VITA last night I got the headphone cord tied up with my work lanyard when I was on break and it tugged the VITA right out of my hands sending it straight onto the concrete! Thankfully, it only ended up with a few minor scratches on the back corners and the screen and back touch panel were unaffected,(thank you, thank you, thank you) but still made my heart sink in fear and pain... maybe that was a sign I've been playing the thing too much!

OK, with that being said, can anyone recommend ny good cases that wrap around the VITA and remain comfortable to play with while on, like an iphone skin or case?

I use Sony's traveling case. It doesn't really offer any protection at the sides but it did soften the blow when I dropped my Vita on concrete floor the second time. 8^)

Psy-Phi

Yeah, I was about to pull the trigger on Persona 4 until I realized I'd be taxed here in Cali.

I bought 32GB Card anticipating having most of my games on it, except for one -- and I just bought Wipeout 2048 on cart after HD/Fury add-ons released, because I heard it loaded faster (if this is faster, it must be unbearable on the memory card). So that's my one and only Vita game that will remain in the system forever, so that I can always play any game I feel like without fumbling around.

Damn carts are so small, I can easily see losing them (I've lost GBA and DS games before).

But, not all digital games are the lesser price. Should I still buy Persona 4, I feel like Atlus' titles aren't cheaper on PSN? Maybe it was another company though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
There are some very good minis games(better than a lot of full PSN/XBLA games)

Twin Blades
Who's that flying
Nom Nation
Velocity
Gamocracy One : Legend of Robot
Where is my Heart?
Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess

I think trial version (timed one) should be mandatory for minis for people to try them, also Sony should give them 3 trophies at least,it's a crime that some minis don't get the attention they deserve.

I use Sony's traveling case. It doesn't really offer any protection at the sides but it did soften the blow when I dropped my Vita on concrete floor the second time. 8^)

how is any case can fit with your huge Batarang?

My final tally of preorders:

Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok Odyssey, Ruin (Warrior's Lair), Dragon's Crown, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and Persona 4 Golden.

I was going to hold off preordering All-Stars, I have a preorder on Amazon just in case but I have a hunch they'll announce a bundle deal at Gamescom (if they're smart). If they do that, I'll just drop both and go for the bundle. I just want to secure this price in case they don't do the bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom