• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

How is the DLC for Gravity Rush? I'm tempted to buy it.

More of the same stuff. Not very long. It's alright.

Oufits.

Sol1dus said:
BTW, played some HSG today. I'll probably keep it. It's still pretty frustrating, but I managed to go a whole tournament with Pars up until the last hole. I think that my b*tching against the game was mostly due to the heat wave & humidity.
Yeah, stick with it. Hey, we should mp that sometime, we can share our bogeys.

Also, can I kill Marta?

HI IM MARTA
LES PLAY
OH NO
THAS A SLICE

Jesus christ, shut up already.

So the HK version of Ragnarok Odyssey is using XSEED's English translation. Also, the DLC the HK version will have on the cartridge won't be included in the US's cartridge, but the majority (if not all?) of that DLC will be free in the US.

Source: Siliconera

Still no solid release date for the US.

Spwn

Is Half Minute Hero worth purchasing? It is in the EU PSN sale and is not normally the type of game I would purchase, but it looks interesting.

Bought it and played a few levels. Liked the pixelart presentation and the sheer insanity going on in the game. Definitely worth trying the game out at that price.

kiyomi

Ah cool I didn't realise I could unlock more caddies, that's a relief.

I shouldn't be doing this but I just remembered that I never downloaded Duodicem when I bought it so I'm doing that now. The pile grows larger.

Roubjon

Oh shit. I just did it. I ordered a Vita off Amazon and got Gravity Rush for free. I also purchased Disgaea 3, a Hori carrying case and a 16GB memory card. Ow, it hurts. But it also feels so goooood. Time to pre-order Ragnarok Odyssey, Virtue's Last Reward, and Soul Sacrifice on Newegg...

I know I migh have mentioned this before but I gotta say it again, I love the Vita's pause mode. Just press the home button and it pauses the game. It always amazes me how smooth the transition is between the pause and unpause state. The best thing about this for me is that I never have to worry about checkpoints.

patsu

I know I migh have mentioned this before but I gotta say it again, I love the Vita's pause mode. Just press the home button and it pauses the game. It always amazes me how smooth the transition is between the pause and unpause state. The best thing about this for me is that I never have to worry about checkpoints.

*nod* *nod* And that's why I feel comfortable playing long games on the Vita compared to the home consoles and PC. I can pause any time and pick it up later.

*nod* *nod* And that's why I feel comfortable playing long games on the Vita compared to the home consoles and PC. I can pause any time and pick it up later.

Exactly. I just recently picked up P3P and I know this function is really going to help me actually finish the game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Oh shit. I just did it. I ordered a Vita off Amazon and got Gravity Rush for free. I also purchased Disgaea 3, a Hori carrying case and a 16GB memory card. Ow, it hurts. But it also feels so goooood. Time to pre-order Ragnarok Odyssey, Virtue's Last Reward, and Soul Sacrifice on Newegg...

Welcome to the team.

If you have more money and want something to fill that 32GB card get Hot Shot Golf,Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and VT4.

Exactly. I just recently picked up P3P and I know this function is really going to help me actually finish the game.

This. I've been grinding on the night before the full moon for like 2 weeks now (lmao idk why I'm worried I'll be underpowered for it) but it's only because I can pause it. Save. use twitter, let vita sit in the corner, work on some homework and when I decide to go right back no load times and get back to my grind!

Rayman origins is amazing.

Also this.

It's highly recommended by my coworker here. So I'm also curious about the title too.

If you're looking for a funny title, interesting game mechanics and nice art style you're in for a treat. Powering up on each lvl (for the Hero part) is so exhilarating. And the princess arrow shooting one is fun and funny!) too. The other modes I never tried because I just kept doing those two lol.

demigod

Yeah I love it too but too bad it kicks you out of the game if you open up the web browser.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Is Half Minute Hero worth purchasing? It is in the EU PSN sale and is not normally the type of game I would purchase, but it looks interesting.
Definitely, especially since it's on sale. I sold it once I finished it as it's not a game I plan to go back to, but the regular Hero 30 stories are extremely fun and diverse enough that the novelty never wears off, and if nothing else, it has a really funny, smart localization. I didn't like the other modes, but if you get into them, it becomes a fairly meaty package.

Sol1dus

Yeah, stick with it. Hey, we should mp that sometime, we can share our bogeys.

Also, can I kill Marta?

HI IM MARTA
LES PLAY
OH NO
THAS A SLICE

Jesus christ, shut up already.

Yeah I'll PM you my PSN ID, and yes, kill marta, she's ridiculous.

Rayman origins is amazing.

MUTANT.
BLOBS.
ATTACK.

Also, Rayman Origins.

I'm waiting for a price drop, dont really want to drop $30 for a game I already played.

I've beaten MBA, second PSN game I got for Vita.

Any Minis that are platformers? Just want a cheap game to pick up and play whenever I have a few minutes to play.

Warrior's Lair is most likely got cancelled I think. since it was in development hell then changed developer and went with the ghosts since (also it's not a shooter so Shu Yoshida probably didn't liked it).

Well they took Idol Minds off the game, and put Sony San Diego on it. It's still in development, but that was reported back in April. I wish they would give an update on the game :\

|ync

This. I've been grinding on the night before the full moon for like 2 weeks now (lmao idk why I'm worried I'll be underpowered for it) but it's only because I can pause it. Save. use twitter, let vita sit in the corner, work on some homework and when I decide to go right back no load times and get back to my grind!

I don't want to tell you how to play your game, but if you don't want to do it grinding is totally unnecessary, especially considering that in the early levels you could be grinding away for 20-30 exp and by the end you can earn 20000+ exp a fight on a good shuffle. I'm just finishing up the game and I didn't do any grinding except what is required for some of the quests (at the end I'm doing a bit of grinding to get a few items and skills for my persona)

whitehawk

Banned
j9Wmt8XWnfTsV.jpg

template.jpg

Thank god the game was free.

I don't want to tell you how to play your game, but if you don't want to do it grinding is totally unnecessary, especially considering that in the early levels you could be grinding away for 20-30 exp and by the end you can earn 20000+ exp a fight on a good shuffle. I'm just finishing up the game and I didn't do any grinding except what is required for some of the quests (at the end I'm doing a bit of grinding to get a few items and skills for my persona)

really? I figured these were the kind of games you were supposed to grind. I've never played a turn based rpg before in my life (except like FF10 when ps2 first came out?). But yeah I've been getting 7 exp and averaging around 30 or so. 20000+ seems like heaven. Guess I'll stop grinding now and get to the fight. I figure Im lvl 16 so I'll be fine.

Yeah I'll PM you my PSN ID, and yes, kill marta, she's ridiculous.

I'm waiting for a price drop, dont really want to drop $30 for a game I already played.

I've beaten MBA, second PSN game I got for Vita.

Any Minis that are platformers? Just want a cheap game to pick up and play whenever I have a few minutes to play.

Platformer Minis I recommend:

Young Thor
Dr. Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl

And Gamocracy One: Legend of Robot looks great! But I haven't tried that one myself... yet.

I can't remember, are you able to transfer from PS3? If so, [strikeout]Hammerin' Hero[/strikeout] and Gurumin are great!

Edit: Oops, looks like Hammerin' Hero was delisted.

So I haven't played my Vita in awhile, nor have I been keeping tabs on any news.

Any further update for PS1's coming?
Playstation Plus benefits for Vita users yet?
Any new games announced?

shaqnosis

Neo Member
Thanks for the replies about Half Minute Hero everyone. I will grab it soon.

I didn't like the other modes, but if you get into them, it becomes a fairly meaty package.

I had heard the other modes are kinda average, but at the sale price I'm guessing there will be enough content in the main hero mode to justify the purchase?!

For the Hot Shots caddies, Im in the anti-Marta camp! As soon as I unlocked the next caddie I switched straight away. What shot type is everyone using? I stuck with gauge for a while but later found Circle shot to be the most effective for me, and now I never change off that.

cyborg009

Banned
So I haven't played my Vita in awhile, nor have I been keeping tabs on any news.

Any further update for PS1's coming?
Playstation Plus benefits for Vita users yet?
Any new games announced?

Summer 2012, rumors say its going happen during gamescom

I believe I don't use PS+ benefits regularly.( I think a few games were discount not sure ask others)

For Japanese market ya

Picotto Knights
Guardian Hearts Online

LittleBigPlanet got a release date
Ragnarok Odyssey should get one soon
and this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484944&page=3

YagizY

Sorry if this has been asked before but does Ragnarok Odyssey have multiplayer or is it ad-hoc only? Thinking about picking up the US release.

Sol1dus

Sorry if this has been asked before but does Ragnarok Odyssey have multiplayer or is it ad-hoc only? Thinking about picking up the US release.

The Japanese game got an online patch, so I'm pretty sure the US game will already have that implemented.

It features both. Full network was patched into the JP version about six weeks after it's release. It should be included from day one with the US release, but XSEED has yet to fully reveal what features the US version will have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom