• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol1dus

Just beat Gravity Rush. All around,a pretty good game. I hate the ending though. The fact that the story Never touched on the things I wanted to know about really disaapointed me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just beat Gravity Rush. All around,a pretty good game. I hate the ending though. The fact that the story Never touched on the things I wanted to know about really disaapointed me.

Probably setting up for a sequel, but yeah, same thing with me. I thought there was going to be some mention, but nope.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I've had my Vita for about two weeks now, and I'm still loving it to bits.

Gravity Rush is an absolute blast. The story is pretty plain, the characters meh, and the controls kinda clunky... but the gravity gimmick is just so freaking well-done, and the game oozes with personality. And DAT art style. Yummmm.

As someone earlier mentioned; being able to pause the game whenever is freaking fantastic. Someone interrupts me and I just press the home button. Then when I'm done talking, I'm back in the game instantly. It's fantastic.

Though, tonight I got on Unit 13... ... and there's not a SINGLE game going?! That's pretty bad.

Sol1dus

Cecil and others, I'm thinking of buying Nova(Mini) to get my shooter fix, and just wait until a big price drop on Burning Skies. Whatcha say?

Cecil and others, I'm thinking of buying Nova(Mini) to get my shooter fix, and just wait until a big price drop on Burning Skies. Whatcha say?

I forgot all about Nova! I kinda ignored it because I didn't want to play it without a 2nd analog stick. Anyone played that one? And what about that Dinosaur hunting game? I remember that game having a nice following on pspminis.com.

If you haven't played it yet, its not a mini but try getting a good deal on one of the locoroco's if you want a cool platformer. One of my all-time favorites.

j9Wmt8XWnfTsV.jpg

template.jpg

Thank god the game was free.

Free? I'm looking for that game too since it has the easiest platinum of the vita games so far.

stupei

Don't know if anyone else was interested in it, but DJ Max 3 is currently 50% off on PSN for $20.

As a fan of the series, I think I'll bite at that. Figured I'd let other Vita owners who are interested in the digital version know.

Speaking of PSN sales: how many times have Legend of Heroes or Tactics Ogre gone on sale? I own both as UMDs so I'm reluctant to pay full price to get them on my Vita.

whitehawk

Banned
Free? I'm looking for that game too since it has the easiest platinum of the vita games so far.
Tsilon.ca

I'm a member there, and they had a meetup/tournament. Everyone who showed up and competed in a Mortal Kombat tournament got a free copy of Resistance. It's a decent game, but I wouldn't buy it. Only get if you reeeeally want to play an FPS on your Vita, and even then wait until it's drops in price.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
More of the same stuff. Not very long. It's alright.

Oufits.

Yeah, stick with it. Hey, we should mp that sometime, we can share our bogeys.

Also, can I kill Marta?

HI IM MARTA
LES PLAY
OH NO
THAS A SLICE

Jesus christ, shut up already.

Buying the tickets for the other tours you get new caddies, i hated marta, but for now the other caddies are even worse.

Sol1dus

I think I'll get NOVA today. But I'm going to chip away at the Gravity Rush Platinum first. Pretty much the hardest trophies I have left are;

Gold all the challenges and Kill 8 enemies with one special attack.

Cornbread78

I think I'll get NOVA today. But I'm going to chip away at the Gravity Rush Platinum first. Pretty much the hardest trophies I have left are;

Gold all the challenges and Kill 8 enemies with one special attack.
getting gold will be tough unless Kat gets much quicker and stronger through level ups

Why don't we get some good deals in NA for PSP titles ? It's annoying all digital copies are stupidly priced I don't even think abut buying them. A sale with lots of titles priced at 5-10$ would sell like crazy. Hope they will get it one day.

Sol1dus

Yes you gotta upgrade lots of stuff especially special attacks. Good luck

I have a lot of the things upgraded past level 6, so I should be fine by the time i get to them. I did a combat one yesterday and I beat the "Gold" score by 3000pts, lol. Btw, some of the trophies really make the game fun after beating it.

Oh and Cecil, I have the Dinosaur hunter one but the controls are super weird. I can't find a way to make the camera be controlled by the second analog.

Why don't we get some good deals in NA for PSP titles ? It's annoying all digital copies are stupidly priced I don't even think abut buying them. A sale with lots of titles priced at 5-10$ would sell like crazy. Hope they will get it one day.

I would love crazy deals like on Steam -75% for older titles from 2007-2010, but I think publishers themselves price the game how they want in the store.

I would love crazy deals like on Steam -75% for older titles from 2007-2010, but I think publishers themselves price the game how they want in the store.

Yeah I know but the thing is, some games will never sell without such deals.
I look at EU sales and I'd love to get some old titles and stuff I will never buy for full price or even slightly reduced one. Publishers won't benefit from their games untouched lol
Hopefully they will understand.

Sol1dus

Yeah I know but the thing is, some games will never sell without such deals.
I look at EU sales and I'd love to get some old titles and stuff I will never buy for full price or even slightly reduced one. Publishers won't benefit from their games untouched lol
Hopefully they will understand.

I doubt it, look at EA saying they don't want to do sales on Origin because they don't want to cheapen their franchises.

Someone should tell them that they're doing that themselves by making franchises have yearly titles shoved out.

I doubt it, look at EA saying they don't want to do sales on Origin because they don't want to cheapen their franchises.

Someone should tell them that they're doing that themselves by making franchises have yearly titles shoved out.

I doubt it too but I'm just saying :s

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Thing/problem is SCEA titles are among the higher priced one.

-The Eye of Judgement Legends (2010) $29.99
-Gangs of London (2007) $22.99
-Locoroco (2008) $22.99
-Parappa the Rapper (2008) $22.99
-Persuit Force (2009) $22.99
-Echoshift (2010) $14.99
-God of War Chains of Olympus (2009) $19.99
-God of War Ghost of Sparta (2010) $19.99
-Hot Shots Golf:Open Tee 2 (2009) $29.99
-Hot Shots Tennis Get a Grip (2010) $19.99
-Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontirer (2009) $19.99
-Lemmings (2009) $15.99
-LittleBigPlanet (2009) $19.99
-MediEvil Resurrection (2008) $16.99
-Secret Agent Clank (2009) $19.99
-Untold Legends Brotherhood of Blade (2008) $14.99
-Untold Legends The Warrior's Code (2008) $14.99
-WieEout Pulse (2009) $22.99

if SCEA don't lead the way and cut the prices on their games first then no other publisher will do it,and we'll never get real sales or deal on PSP games this way.

Haliela

Any confirmation on PSO 2 for NA Vitas? I bought mine for this, and I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Plus, why the hell aren't they confirming it? If you go through the work to translate it for PC how hard is it to throw the translated text on to the Vita version?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Gameocracy One and Freekscape are pretty decent platformers, with Gameocracy being the better of the two.

there is also Monsters Probably Stole My Princess (vertical platformer) Nom Nation (educational platformer).

Any confirmation on PSO 2 for NA Vitas? I bought mine for this, and I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Plus, why the hell aren't they confirming it? If you go through the work to translate it for PC how hard is it to throw the translated text on to the Vita version?

Well it's very possible that SEGA (have money problems now) is simply think that a US version for Vita that will require printing and marketing money and all that just do not worth their effort.

Thing/problem is SCEA titles are among the higher priced one.

if SCEA don't lead the way and cut the prices on their games first then no other publisher will do it,and we'll never get real sales or deal on PSP games this way.

I was going to buy GTA: Chinatown Wars last night. I passed on it - it's $20.00. Not that $20.00 is a lot, but I've got the game on my iPad and it cost $9.99 on iOS. I didn't get all that far, as the touch driving and maneuvering is clunky, but I can't bring myself to spend $20 now, when I got it for $10 2 years ago.

SCEA needs to take a good look at pricing from other digital outlets. Not by having a race to the bottom, like iOS, but honestly having the games priced fairly. GTA:VCS/GTA:LCS are also $20, while GTA 3 is $5 on iOS. Lego Harry Potters 1-4/5-7 are $20-$30, iOS $5...

:(

Haliela

SEGA also chooses to fuck up at every possible opportunity. A console MMO they are making PC only? Why? Christ, your last Phantasy Star game ONLY survived on the 360 in the NA market and you shut down the damn PC and PS2 servers years before Xbox.

Given that experience you're going to launch PC only? What complete and utter morons.

Sol1dus

I was going to buy GTA: Chinatown Wars last night. I passed on it - it's $20.00. Not that $20.00 is a lot, but I've got the game on my iPad and it cost $9.99 on iOS. I didn't get all that far, as the touch driving and maneuvering is clunky, but I can't bring myself to spend $20 now, when I got it for $10 2 years ago.

SCEA needs to take a good look at pricing from other digital outlets. Not by having a race to the bottom, like iOS, but honestly having the games priced fairly. GTA:VCS/GTA:LCS are also $20, while GTA 3 is $5 on iOS. Lego Harry Potters 1-4/5-7 are $20-$30, iOS $5...

:(

Yup the pricing structure is ridiculous. I honestly don't know how SCEE can get sales going while SCEA can't. It boggles my mind because they KNOW that lower prices move more games. Just from the people that frequent this thread I can say that Atlus got a good chunk of money. But again, this conversation is just beating a dead horse that's been putrefying for the past four or so years.

Edit: DUDE! Sound Shapes is going to have a Platinum! I'm so ready for Tuesday now!

Cornbread78

Any confirmation on PSO 2 for NA Vitas? I bought mine for this, and I'm hong to be extremely disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Im with you on thos one, i would love some PSO on my vita, I would probably put some insane hours into it.

Zee-Row

Banned
Anyone here prefer buying the cards over digital? If so why? I'm curious to see the other viewpoint.

Memory Cards are still too expensive , changing games carts doesn't really bother me since i only play one game at a time anyway. I can also trade in my games if i regret my purchase.

Glix

Well it's very possible that SEGA (have money problems now) is simply think that a US version for Vita that will require printing and marketing money and all that just do not worth their effort.

Total nonsense. Release it digital only and you dont have to worry about ANY of that stuff

Rasec

i'm kinda in doubt if i should import now ragnarok oddisey the hong kong version, since it has all the dlc on the cart, the dlc on us version will be on psn, and xseed haven't said a word about europe getting the game OR importing the super monkey ball. I really liked the demo.

Well, in a month time the project diva game will be in my vita, so maybe i can wait until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom