• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone here prefer buying the cards over digital? If so why? I'm curious to see the other viewpoint.

I don't really care about amassing a physical collection of handheld games. So with Vita, if I think I'm just going to beat a game and never really care about it again, I'll get the physical copy. Then I can just sell it back and it was like the cost of a rental overall.

If I think I'll play it again in the future, I'll want the digital copy so I can just have it on the system whenever I want it. Swapping out games on a handheld just feels cumbersome to me.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Anyone here prefer buying the cards over digital? If so why? I'm curious to see the other viewpoint.

When I get a vita.

I resell games when I'm done 90%+ of the time unless the digital version is 50%+ cheaper I want physical. I also rent the vast majority of my games nowadays.

Also unless there is some r4 style hack that physically lets me use non proprietary sd/micro sd cards the price for the vita memory cards is so gross I can't imagine ever using them except when forced.

ZeroAKA

I don't really care about amassing a physical collection of handheld games. So with Vita, if I think I'm just going to beat a game and never really care about it again, I'll get the physical copy. Then I can just sell it back and it was like the cost of a rental overall.

If I think I'll play it again in the future, I'll want the digital copy so I can just have it on the system whenever I want it. Swapping out games on a handheld just feels cumbersome to me.
Exactly what I'm doing. I find the Vita's game slot cover especially annoying (also my only real complaint regarding the hardware),

Foshy

when i wanted to remove the memory card from my vita i actually looked in that top slot and was extremely confused why i couldn't find it, sure the memory card is small but goddamn i should be able to see and easily remove it

then i gave up and looked for another slot and i swear i couldn't find it, then i searched google for the vitas memory card slot, i felt so fucking dumb afterwards

i'm not making this shit up, i was really tired and i'm not so retarded usually

I bought a 32 gb memory card not to long after I got my vita in a attempt to go digital only but I quite frankly find it impossible. I spent 40$ on mortal kombat on psn. A week and half later its 8/10$ at gamestop. Wipeout new is like 20$ at Walmart and yet I think its still 36 on psn. I hate having to swap karts but its just not worth it IMO. Digital distribution sucks on anything that's not a PC. I'll be going strictly physical on 85% of games from now on.(not to mention vitas cases look cool.) Games like little big planet I will probably buy digitally though.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
it's an umd reader that will never come
It'll come and just be exclusive to Japan and Europe.

#dead

Ok that got me. Lunch don't you DARE try it today lmfaoooooo
try what :(

when i wanted to remove the memory card from my vita i actually looked in that top slot and was extremely confused why i couldn't find it, sure rhe memory card is small but goddamn i should be able to see and easily remove it

then i gave up and looked for another slot and i swear i couldn't find it, then i searched google for the vitas memory card slot, i felt so fucking dumb afterwards

to be fair, i was really tired and i'm not so retarded usually
To be fair, it's the most logical place. I usually pull out the SIM card instead of my memory card. I'm a bit baffled as to why the memory card slot isn't on the side like the PSP's.

Kyon

Banned
Foshy you are NOT alone *O*

EDIT: Try it as in make fun of me because I forgot where the memory card slot was ;(

oh and if ps3s really drop down to 99$/150$ do you think Sony would ever bundle the ps3/vita together with little big planet to compete with wii u. If they improve on remote play(I heard the one vita now is just the PSP version and the vita version will be coming soon) and make sure its compatible will all ps3 games that could definitely compete with wii u IMO

oldmario

Anyone know if theres gonna be a chinese/asian version of hatsune miku project diva f? looking at the prices on play-asia and £48 is b bit too much for just a vita game, if they included something like a cd then maybe id be a bit more interested considering that vita games cost mostly £29.99 here

VanWinkle

oh and if ps3s really drop down to 99$/150$ do you think Sony would ever bundle the ps3/vita together with little big planet to compete with wii u. If they improve on remote play(I heard the one vita now is just the PSP version and the vita version will be coming soon) and make sure its compatible will all ps3 games that could definitely compete with wii u IMO

It will probably be a long time before it drops to $99 or $150, wouldn't it? I figure the next drop will be $199.

wouwie

I'm having a suprising amount of fun playing Puddle. Impressions in this thread were not that positive so i had no expectations when i tried out the demo but i liked it and bought the full game.

I'm now in the 3rd world and it's a fun, refreshing and quite neat physics based puzzle/plaform sort of game. Unless it goes downhill in the later stages, i'd say i'm really happy i bought it. A perfect fit for the Vita.

Rasec

Hard for a newbie here at gaf. showed my vita and also asked for a little indecision on importing 2 vita games but the two of them got ignored in the conversations. it though xD

I'm having a suprising amount of fun playing Puddle. Impressions in this thread were not that positive so i had no expectations when i tried out the demo but i liked it and bought the full game.

I'm now in the 3rd world and it's a fun, refreshing and quite neat physics based puzzle/plaform sort of game. Unless it goes downhill in the later stages, i'd say i'm really happy i bought it. A perfect fit for the Vita.

I second that, impressions here made me in doubt but i bought it and it's cool but very hard xD, but i'm only playing to have fun and finish it. platinum the game is a no no xD
Also bought velocity and gods eater burst reading people impressions but velocity hasn't made me play it too much, maybe because i'm a bullet hell game player.
Hope GEB is fun.

So, I saw a guy on the subway today just one handing a Vita. No case, nothing. He had weird 80s music I've never heard blaring from it, no headphones or anything, and he was in some weird groggy trance. Then he loaded up Treasures of Montezuma or w/e and started going to town. It just boggled my mind that he was just holding the Vita out, no case or anything.

fernoca

I usually prefer digital, if it's a game I know I'll play for a long time and i like.
Though in the case of the Vita, as of right now I only have 2 games: Resistance (which was free) and Mortal Kombat (which was just $10). Plus my current memory card is only 4GB (was free also :p).

Have a few PSP digial games, but in no rush to download them.

Hard for a newbie here at gaf. showed my vita and also asked for a little indecision on importing 2 vita games but the two of them got ignored in the conversations. it though xD

I'm so glad I went back to see the pics you posted because they're awesome. That's a sticker on the back, right?

lol

Sony Exec: “We Would Love
[Vita] to be Selling More…”

www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/sony-exec-we-would-love-vita-to-be-selling-more

“the feedback from many consumers who’ve
gotten their hands on [the Vita] is positive – so
that’s a very good start.”

Gara discussed some of the games coming to
Vita later this year that should help drive sales
– LittleBigPlanet comes out in September,
Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation in October , and
Call of Duty at some point this year – and says
that those games, among others, “will do
tremendous things for the Vita. So it’s our job
now to take that strength of software and give
people more reasons to buy.”

“I
think we haven’t quite hit the spot with the killer
software just yet and I have every reason to
think that will happen in the next few months.”

not sure if its thread worthy or not

Kyon

Banned
I see no lies. The fall line up for Vita rivals that of the consoles almost. You can't say vita has no games with how much is coming out in the fall.

kiyomi

I'm optimistic about the Vita. It's been worth it already and the more the merrier, obviously I do want *more* but as long as the stuff that is scheduled for release this year actually comes out, I'll be pretty happy.

Sorry about that. Took a look at them, very nice. But more generally, Welcome! to the thread. ^_^ make sure you get in on some GAF Vita chat.

Can't really answer your RO question, I'm just hoping for a relatively soon version to come out in the West.

Toki767

I still find their attitude about Call of Duty on Vita hilarious. It must be the first Call of Duty game that doesn't have a set release date more than 6 months in advance of release.

Kyon

Banned
I still find their attitude about Call of Duty on Vita hilarious. It must be the first Call of Duty game that doesn't have a set release date more than 6 months in advance of release.

LOL. Sony needs to be more agressive! They just let these ppl release games whenever they feel like it.

spats

Maybe they're staying quiet because it's a bad game.

BTW do we have a release date for AC3: Liberation yet?

Kyon

Banned
Oct 30 hun.(I think)

Oh and I will scream if Declassified is more "hd" than the current COD games. Surely the OLED screen will help (idk what I'm talking about)

spats

Huh, looks like I missed/forgot that! Kind of crazy when you think about it, but I can't complain. I'll propably buy both anyway. :p

I REALLY wish we'd see more soon. I hope gamescom delivers for us Vitabros/gals.

Rezae

So I let my 3 year old daughter play with my Vita this morning for a few minutes (she loves the Paint app). I'm getting ready to head out the door and grab it (for those slow times in an office on a Saturday), and I notice I'm missing an icon on my games page.

Takes me about 10 seconds and I realize she somehow deleted the worse bubble possible....

Disgaea 3.... in the middle of post-game grind-a-thon.

Welp.... to bother grinding all over towards a platinum or move and never look back...

zroid

Banned
So I let my 3 year old daughter play with my Vita this morning for a few minutes (she loves the Paint app). I'm getting ready to head out the door and grab it (for those slow times in an office on a Saturday), and I notice I'm missing an icon on my games page.

Takes me about 10 seconds and I realize she somehow deleted the worse bubble possible....

Welp.... to bother grinding all over towards a platinum or move and never look back...

Deleting the bubble deletes the save too? o_o

derwalde

ouch.... ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom