• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

So I let my 3 year old daughter play with my Vita this morning for a few minutes (she loves the Paint app). I'm getting ready to head out the door and grab it (for those slow times in an office on a Saturday), and I notice I'm missing an icon on my games page.

Takes me about 10 seconds and I realize she somehow deleted the worse bubble possible....

Disgaea 3.... in the middle of post-game grind-a-thon.

Welp.... to bother grinding all over towards a platinum or move and never look back...

Your child is clearly trying to give you an intervention.

kiyomi

So I let my 3 year old daughter play with my Vita this morning for a few minutes (she loves the Paint app). I'm getting ready to head out the door and grab it (for those slow times in an office on a Saturday), and I notice I'm missing an icon on my games page.

Takes me about 10 seconds and I realize she somehow deleted the worse bubble possible....

Welp.... to bother grinding all over towards a platinum or move and never look back...

Aw that sucks.

I meant to ask earlier, is Afternoon of Darkness as good as the rest? I want a Disgaea but not D3 for the price it's currently going at.

zroid

Banned
Piracy measure I believe.

There is a list on CAG or something that lists every game that doesn't require a memory card

What the actual fuck? So if I need to clear up space on my memory card, I'll permanently lose my saves on all the games I delete? That's unbelievable. There has to be something I'm missing... :|

Kyon

Banned
What the actual fuck? So if I need to clear up space on my memory card, I'll permanently lose my saves on all the games I delete? That's unbelievable. There has to be something I'm missing... :|

The OP has a way of backing up your saves.

Easiest way tho honestly is if you have a PS3 you can back up everything on your vita as well as transfer files to other memory cards. That's how I do it

zroid

Banned
The OP has a way of backing up your saves.

Easiest way tho honestly is if you have a PS3 you can back up everything on your vita as well as transfer files to other memory cards. That's how I do it

Jesus. Well, thanks for the heads-up, I would never have thought Sony would have done something so stupid, but they continue to astound.

Fortunately I do have a PS3. Looks like I'm going to be backing up my saves compulsively from here on out.

EDIT: Thanks to Rezae also, through your misfortune I seem to have dodged the same from inevitably happening to me. :<

patsu

Disgaea 3.... in the middle of post-game grind-a-thon. n

Don't forget to backup the game saves next time !

fernoca

Just noticed that on Mortal kombat:
-Kratos stage/arena was eliminated.
-In 'Story Mode', endurance matches (i.e. when you fight 2 characters at the same time); were cut down to just one round instead of two.

No biggies in general, and the thign of the endurances is actually a welcome change as it was kidna annoying having to fight the 2 characters twice, with just one life bar. :p

DR2K

Banned

When my brother was around that age he deleted my one Star Ocean 3 save that was at 107 hours. 9 years later and I still shame him for it. Ever since then I've always made a back up save for important games like that.

zroid

Banned
Also since we're on the subject of lost saves, I had a very similar experience with Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Gave it to my friend's little sister for like 15 minutes, and when I got it back my file was gone.

I was at the final bit before the end of the game, so I was none too pleased :|

That it was my friend's sister only made it worse, because we weren't close enough for me to express my frustration, per se.

branny

Oh and I will scream if Declassified is more "hd" than the current COD games. Surely the OLED screen will help (idk what I'm talking about)
Speaking of that, the console CoDs are actually kind of technically impressive, so I'd be disappointed if Declassified ran at sub-qHD and/or anything lower than 60fps.

I meant to ask earlier, is Afternoon of Darkness as good as the rest? I want a Disgaea but not D3 for the price it's currently going at.
I remember the first Disgaea's story quite fondly compared to the other ones, but it is obviously missing a lot of the mechanical advancements from the later games. The PSP version is generally regarded as the most preferable way to play D1 (rather than the PS2 and DS incarnations). I wouldn't know if it's that much better because I played the PS2 one when it came out.

No biggies in general, and the thign of the endurances is actually a welcome change as it was kidna annoying having to fight the 2 characters twice, with just one life bar. :p
That's a really nice change. I hated those fights on the PS3 version. Then again, I guess it doesn't really matter to me now since I didn't like the game enough to get it again for Vita. :(

When my brother was around that age he deleted my one Star Ocean 3 save that was at 107 hours. 9 years later and I still shame him for it. Ever since then I've always made a back up save for important games like that.
Man, my sister completely erased my main PS1 RPG memory card, too. If she got to my PS2 cards (like one with SO3's battle trophies or something), I don't even know how I'd react.

DSGamer

Neo Member
I still find their attitude about Call of Duty on Vita hilarious. It must be the first Call of Duty game that doesn't have a set release date more than 6 months in advance of release.

That's my thing. All of these games are great, but without release dates they're just promises. Jet Set Radio was supposed to be out now, no? We have no date on most of the games in that lineup.

Arya Stark

Neo Member
Just noticed that on Mortal kombat:
-Kratos stage/arena was eliminated.
-In 'Story Mode', endurance matches (i.e. when you fight 2 characters at the same time); were cut down to just one round instead of two.

-Mastery of all characters trophy still there (and absolutely impossible to get on Vita)

Fuck you Boon, you troll bastard.

So, I saw a guy on the subway today just one handing a Vita. No case, nothing. He had weird 80s music I've never heard blaring from it, no headphones or anything, and he was in some weird groggy trance. Then he loaded up Treasures of Montezuma or w/e and started going to town. It just boggled my mind that he was just holding the Vita out, no case or anything.

Why? My phone isn't in a case either. Some people aren't as intens when it comes to shielding their electronics.

Trigger

Why? My phone isn't in a case either. Some people aren't as intens when it comes to shielding their electronics.

I can't speak for him, but as a college student everyone one of my gadgets is precious. I might shank someone if they broke my Vita. Money don't grow on trees.

Sol1dus

I can't speak for him, but as a college student everyone one of my gadgets is precious. I might shank someone if they broke my Vita. Money don't grow on trees.

I wouldn't shank someone, but I would grab their smart phone and grind the screen against the pavement if they let anything happen to it.

Cornbread78

Alright, random question I should know already ,but it's not in the OT:
Is there a list of PS3 games anywhere that work with remote play?

Speaking of that, the console CoDs are actually kind of technically impressive, so I'd be disappointed if Declassified ran at sub-qHD and/or anything lower than 60fps.

If the developer behind it turns out to be the rumoured one, it'll be a mess. The rumoured developer is absolute bullshit in my opinion.

Kyon

Banned
Indeed, my vita has been neglected lately. I burned myself out on PSP games from the store, and I've been busy baby-sitting. Once school rolls around I'll probably be more active.

Plus with GODsona 4 Golden coming the Vita League will be at its peak *O*

Chris_C

I still find their attitude about Call of Duty on Vita hilarious. It must be the first Call of Duty game that doesn't have a set release date more than 6 months in advance of release.

The attitude to big third party games has been atrocious. AC Liberation comes out the same day as Creed 3, but we haven't seen more than a few screenshots and one trailer. No documentaries on the graphics or gameplay or anything. When that happens you can't help but think the publisher is trying to hide something.

COD is even more suspect. I'm having a hard time believing it's going to hit this year. When, November?

Silent Hill comes out in October, but according to the developer timeline it's been finished for months. Why sit on it for so long? Why not release new screens, video, gameplay?

The only big release that's had a lot of exposure is LBP. Perhaps everyone's waiting for Gamescom, but it strikes me as odd.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Whatever happened to Zen Pinball FX2 for the Vita? Originally it was supposed to launch back in the spring and was pushed back to the "end of July". Well, it's four days into August and we haven't heard anything for weeks.

Whatever happened to Zen Pinball FX2 for the Vita? Originally it was supposed to launch back in the spring and was pushed back to the "end of July". Well, it's four days into August and we haven't heard anything for weeks.

There are bunch of other games that were supposed to come out around these months(djmax technica tune, new little kings story), but they seem to be pushed to the holiday period.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
The Vita is way overdue for a firmware update. There are far too many flaws that need addressing and I don't care if it isn't a firmware upgrade that introduces PSOne Classics.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm seriously thinking of handing in my PS Vita after I'm done with MGS HD.

There is zero sign of ZOE Collection, FFX HD and almost nothing on COD. There are no other major games I know of even on the horizon.

Can Vita-gaf convince me otherwise?

Rootbeer

Banned
Could not resist the $9.99 MK Vita deal despite not being a real fighter fan. Will try to work in some play in between now and RO :D Good stream of RPGS coming over the course of the remaining 2012 months. Excite!

GrizzNKev

Banned

There is zero sign of ZOE Collection, FFX HD and almost nothing on COD. There are no other major games I know of even on the horizon.

LBP, PSASBR, and AC3 all within the next few months.

Chittagong

Gold Member
LBP, PSASBR, and AC3 all within the next few months.

Hmm. LBP is fairly exciting although I don't have the patience to build levels myself. I suppose PSASBR has potential to be good, haven't followed it up but it's a brilliant idea. AC3 I'll play on PC.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

Soul Sacrifice, Jet Set Radio HD, Retro City Rampage, Sound Shapes, and the fact that if a Yakuza handheld game were to be made this gen, it would only be for Vita.

I don't know if any of that applies to you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom