• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Hmm. LBP is fairly exciting although I don't have the patience to build levels myself. I suppose PSASBR has potential to be good, haven't followed it up but it's a brilliant idea. AC3 I'll play on PC.

AC3 Lib isn't a port, it's a separate game with a different location and characters. I'm getting AC3 on PC as well and see AC3 Lib as a good companion to it. I'm a huge fan of AC though so that factors in as well.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I'm seriously thinking of handing in my PS Vita after I'm done with MGS HD.

There is zero sign of ZOE Collection, FFX HD and almost nothing on COD. There are no other major games I know of even on the horizon.

Can Vita-gaf convince me otherwise?

You should at the very least wait for GamesCom. Then you can gauge whether or not Sony is serious about pushing the platform.

Sol1dus

There is zero sign of ZOE Collection, FFX HD and almost nothing on COD. There are no other major games I know of even on the horizon.

You've already spent the money, wait until the holiday season.

Remember, if you sell it you're only going to get some of the money back. Plus, you'll free pretty dumb if you want to play something in the future and have to end up playing full price again.

i wasn't being sarcastic, PSO2 on Vita is probably the biggest announcement of this year for me.
I wasn't being sarcastic either. Portable non-compromised PSO is my dream game.

It's why I bought Vita and will keep it no matter how poor its first and third party support remains. Anything else is a bonus really, and I'm glad we have a lot of anything else to look forward to (Soul Sacrifice!)

I never recommend selling systems, no matter how big of a failure they are. I wish I still had my original Saturn.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
AC3 Lib isn't a port, it's a separate game with a different location and characters. I'm getting AC3 on PC as well and see AC3 Lib as a good companion to it. I'm a huge fan of AC though so that factors in as well.

Yeah,I've seen this confusing multiple times now at many sites( people thinking it's a port, people thinking it's AC3 with a female side mission like Catwoman..ect) now not sure if it was a good idea to have the number 3 in the title and same day as AC3, or maybe Ubi/Sony just need to show more of it I guess.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Yeah,I've seen this confusing multiple times now at many sites( people thinking it's a port, people thinking it's AC3 with a female side mission like Catwoman..ect) now not sure if it was a good idea to have the number 3 in the title and same day as AC3, or maybe Ubi/Sony just need to show more of it I guess.

Another part of the appeal for me is that I'll be playing AC3 on PC, which is delayed, so it'll be nice to get in on that AC3 action at release.

I think a new trailer for the game would really clear up the confusion. I expect that at gamescom... maybe some live gameplay?

naked electronics are the best electronics

my vita and smart phone have no shame

I don't have a shell for mine but I do have the official travel pouch. If it's not in play, away it goes. I have a screen protector on it as well.

Why? My phone isn't in a case either. Some people aren't as intens when it comes to shielding their electronics.

I just don't take chances anymore. I broke a few of the old Gameboys back when I was younger so... I dunno, I just don't like letting this expensive handheld be open to damage hehe.

There are bunch of other games that were supposed to come out around these months(djmax technica tune, new little kings story), but they seem to be pushed to the holiday period.

This needs quoting as well. I want both of those games and have no idea when either are launching, especially LKS. I have a feeling it'll suddenly come out, Konami will put a trailer out and be like "HAY IT'S IN STORES NOW LOLOL" and not post it on Facebook or anything -_- I'm going to start making drafts for the OT for LKS so.. time to work on my photoshopping!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Another part of the appeal for me is that I'll be playing AC3 on PC, which is delayed, so it'll be nice to get in on that AC3 action at release.

I think a new trailer for the game would really clear up the confusion. I expect that at gamescom... maybe some live gameplay?

Remember this is Vita and companies like Ubi and EA must hide their games and show nothing as long as they can,it's written in the publishers instruction manual.

SkylineRKR

You've already spent the money, wait until the holiday season.

Remember, if you sell it you're only going to get some of the money back. Plus, you'll free pretty dumb if you want to play something in the future and have to end up playing full price again.

The Vita WILL see a pricedrop sooner or later.

Its not a crazy idea to sell it while its still expensive, and buy it back once it carries a much lower price tag, and perhaps went through a revision as well. I am thinking about it, my Vita is just collecting dust now and there is really nothing I look forward to besides P4 (which isn't even confirmed for Europe I think). Its just there being useless, and will be until fall at the least.

Its Sony, they usually shit on their products that don't perform well. I've yet to see if they're going to make an effort at all.

Oxn

Its not a crazy idea to sell it while its still expensive, and buy it back once it carries a much lower price tag, and perhaps went through a revision as well. I am thinking about it, my Vita is just collecting dust now and there is really nothing I look forward to besides P4 (which isn't even confirmed for Europe I think). Its just there being useless, and will be until fall at the least.

it doesnt make much sense.

you buy a vita for 250+tax

you sell vita for 200(if your lucky)

you wait for vita to drop in price, say to 200

you rebuy vita for 200+tax.

people who sell their system to rebuy later for cheaper are not thinking correctly

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Remember this is Vita and companies like Ubi and EA must hide their games and show nothing as long as they can,it's written in the publishers instruction manual.

It's amazing! Madden 13 will be on store shelves in just a couple of weeks and we've yet to see a single gameplay vid of it running on the Vita. As much as I'm looking forward to playing a proper Madden game on a handheld device, there is no way I'm gonna be making a blind purchase. What do you have to hide EA?

brentech

It's amazing! Madden 13 will be on store shelves in just a couple of weeks and we've yet to see a single gameplay vid of it running on the Vita. As much as I'm looking forward to playing a proper Madden game on a handheld device, there is no way I'm gonna be making a blind purchase. What do you have to hide EA?
Yea, same deal with FIFA 13, although obviously we know what FIFA Vita looks like, I just want to know if they got it up to speed with console versions like they said.

Happy with my vita. Been playing it more than PS3 a lot of days over the last 2 months. I get the problem for people waiting on story driven games, but I've always seen those as multi platform games anyways since most people would rather experience on a bigger screen. Ive been sticking to games with long legs on my vita

SkylineRKR

it doesnt make much sense.

you buy a vita for 250+tax

you sell vita for 200(if your lucky)

you wait for vita to drop in price, say to 200

you rebuy vita for 200+tax.

people who sell their system to rebuy later for cheaper are not thinking correctly

If the price is going to drop, I expect it to drop to something well below 200. I also wouldn't mind buying a used one back by then.

With PSP it didn't turn out to be bad. I ultimately ended up with the superior 2000 unit for a bargain.

Elios83

Your point makes sense if you know that you won't use the console for a long time but consider that a PSVita redesign with a proper price drop is probably a year away.
It's pretty much clear (based on the latest fiscal results) that for the time being Sony will only do bundles with 4GB memory card+ first party game at 249$.
An interesting time to sell the Vita will be around E3 next year, especially if rumors about a redesign including new features like a 3D screen will begin to surface.
About the games.....we know that they can be announced/released at any time. Right now we're in the post launch summer drought, it would make sense to wait to see what they have in store for Gamescom/TGS.
But I guess that I'm just against selling systems, I still have my Gamecube :p The way I buy things is that I simply don't buy a product until I know I'm truly interested in it.
People debating about selling the system right now probably should have waited to buy one in first place.

brentech

I give 0 shits about what people do with their Vitas. If you don't enjoy it, offload it to someone that will.

Just tired of hearing about it in here.
Don't want it, move it.....decider otherwise, great.

cyborg009

Banned
The attitude to big third party games has been atrocious. AC Liberation comes out the same day as Creed 3, but we haven't seen more than a few screenshots and one trailer. No documentaries on the graphics or gameplay or anything. When that happens you can't help but think the publisher is trying to hide something.

COD is even more suspect. I'm having a hard time believing it's going to hit this year. When, November?

Silent Hill comes out in October, but according to the developer timeline it's been finished for months. Why sit on it for so long? Why not release new screens, video, gameplay?

The only big release that's had a lot of exposure is LBP. Perhaps everyone's waiting for Gamescom, but it strikes me as odd.

I think release along with movie would be better

also some speculate that because deals between Activision and Microsoft prevented COD declassified from being shown. Since Gamescom will have neither Nintendo or Microsoft it will be shown.

Ponn

Banned

Just about everyone in here has given their PSN ID's for Vita, don't think I have yours yet, what is it?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm just going to go ahead and endorse Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, as I've been having a decent amount of fun with it. It has an excellent battle system and awesome hair and costume designs, and since nobody else is playing anything on their Vitas anyway (I checked), y'all should get on it.

Edit: And since nobody can read my broken half Spanish, where's the party Kyon?

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Whats up Vita gaf what have you guys been playing? Been running Wipeout and MGS myself.

I just beat Gravity Rush today (awesome game). Will go back to take on the challenges. I participate in Hot Shots Golf's weekly tournament everyday. I also play Treasure of Montezuma Blitz several times a day. Pinball Arcade, Super Stardust Delta, Plants vs Zombies, and Motorstorm RC also get played frequently, just not as often.

Ponn

Banned
LagunaX321

Do you play HSG? I'm still trying to get a tournament going tomorrow.

Edit: And since nobody can read my broken half Spanish, where's the party Kyon?

I stepped into the chat the other night. Must have been an off night, sounded like someone doing something you would find on chat roulette in the background. Didn't really go with the perfect storm of awesomeness going on otherwise of playing Tactics Ogre and watching Krull on TV.

Elios83

Whats up Vita gaf what have you guys been playing? Been running Wipeout and MGS myself.

After Gravity Rush and MGS HD Collection, nothing else, a bit of Pinball Arcade but right now I'm mostly busy with my 3DS XL.
For Vita I'm looking for Persona 4, AC Liberation, Zero Escape, Zoe Collection, Jet Set Radio and Little King's Story for the rest of the year.

branny

LBP, PSASBR, and AC3 all within the next few months.
Soul Sacrifice, Jet Set Radio HD, Retro City Rampage, Sound Shapes, and the fact that if a Yakuza handheld game were to be made this gen, it would only be for Vita.
I'm honestly just waiting for Ragnarok Odyssey, DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE, and Persona 4 Golden right now.

PSO2, Soul Sacrifice, and Dragon's Crown are the next major things I'm super hyped for. NFS Most Wanted, LBP, and possibly PS All Stars and that Sonic racer should be alright. Silent Hill: Book of Memories might be okay, too.

We also must not forget games like orgarhythm and New Little King Story, not to mention other games that may be localized like Assault Gunners, Dokuro, EDF 2017, Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- ƒ, and Ys Celceta.

edit: The Z.O.E Collection doesn't count because it won't have the MGR Revengeance demo like the console versions, and Zero Escape isn't really a game. :p

don't kill me

zroid

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing some impressions/footage/reviews of Sound Shapes soon. It looks great, but based on everything I've seen so far, I'm not yet sure it will click for me. Hope it does!

Pachimari

I really hope Sony will send me a copy of Gravity Rush, besides is Resistance: Burning Skies worth it? We got a review copy lying around.

Have been playing Top Darts and Unit 13. Currently playing Hustle Kings as I need to review those games. Got MotorStorm RC and some other games lying around as well. Hopefully I can snack up a copy of MGS HD.

Wazzim

Banned
The Vita needs a good racer, badly. Things like Initial-D street stage and Gran Turismo should have been in the making already, they better have something for racing fans at Gamescom/TGS.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
The Vita needs a good racer, badly. Things like Initial-D street stage and Gran Turismo should have been in the making already, they better have something for racing fans at Gamescom/TGS.

I'm hoping that Need for Speed game ends up being great.

Shinriji said:
High five. TOM GAF is the best GAF.

*shakes fist* Damn you Shinriji!!! I only play so much just so that I may one day best your score!

Kyon

Banned
I give 0 shits about what people do with their Vitas. If you don't enjoy it, offload it to someone that will.

Just tired of hearing about it in here.
Don't want it, move it.....decider otherwise, great.

Implying they HAVE Vitas tho
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

What's in a name?

The iOS COD games are shit. The Assassins Creed game for PSP isn't highly regarded...Activision Is going to be protective of their cash cow, where it counts: console.

The Vita doesn't have the clout/market share for them to invest heavily in the platform. My guess is whatever iteration the handheld is receiving, is on Sony's dime.

Seeing how Sony bungled the Vita Resistance (their own first party fps, the first with dual sticks) iteration - my hopes aren't high for COD.

I hope I'm wrong....but the silence doesn't bode well.

Do we know anything about Sonic kart (3DS or console port?) or NFS? I want a good racer (love wipeout, hated RR)

Sol1dus

Its Sony, they usually shit on their products that don't perform well. I've yet to see if they're going to make an effort at all.

Well ok then. I'll buy the games from you if you decide to sell it. X) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom