• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
What's in a name?

The iOS COD games are shit. The Assassins Creed game for PSP isn't highly regarded...Activision Is going to be protective of their cash cow, where it counts: console.

The Vita doesn't have the clout/market share for them to invest heavily in the platform. My guess is whatever iteration the handheld is receiving, is on Sony's dime.

Seeing how Sony bungled the Vita Resistance (their own first party fps, the first with dual sticks) iteration - my hopes aren't high for COD.

I didn't mean COD as in quality actually
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

That's exactly why I would be playing a Disgaea game :p thanks to the other guy who responded as well, I don't know where your post is to quote but I read it and thank you.

I'm hoping Disgaea 4 gets a Vita port, its my favorite in the series. Fuka and Desco are awesome.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm hoping Disgaea 4 gets a Vita port, its my favorite in the series. Fuka and Desco are awesome.

I think it will, they eventually ported all the others to the handhelds.

I bought 3 a while back but couldn't play it due to the horrid visuals, the sprites looked so bad on a HD monitor, like they were tearing apart and it hurt my eyes. Thankfully the Vita version has a bit of smoothing and everything looks so much better. Plus, these seem to be the kind of games that are better in the long run for handhelds.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
HSG, MGS, NG:S, Marvel, VT4.

You should get Hot Shots. The perfect handheld game.
I played the demo and liked it decently enough, but the lack of a single-player story turned me off. Are there enough unlockables and different courses (that look like something other than a standard grass-filled golf course) to keep me busy?

I played the demo and liked it decently enough, but the lack of a single-player story turned me off. Are there enough unlockables and different courses (that look like something other than a standard grass-filled golf course) to keep me busy?
I'm a whore for unlockable costumes and characters, so I have no problems with the lack of a Mario Golf-like career/story mode. But the game's core mechanics are so solid - those alone make it so addictive.

well you should get Gravity Rush.
Demo wasn't too good. Waiting for a sale!

With that D-Pad, every fighting game should be on there. DOA5 is the only PS3 game I'm buying this year, and the only reason is that it's not on Vita :-(

Amory

Hi vita-gaf, wanna be my friend?

XCell9200

I've been playing the hell out of Hot Shots, Super Stardust, and occasionally still messing around with the Resistance multiplayer.

I'm really liking this system so far. I do wish I had waited for white though, it's so nice looking.

Agent X

AC3 I'll play on PC.

Although it's already been mentioned, it's worth repeating that Assassin's Creed III: Liberation for Vita will be a completely different game from AC3 on other platforms.

iirc it's a port of the PS3 Tetris, so it's the absolute best Tetris you can get (unless I'm mistaken/wrong and it's not a port PS3/PSP then I dunno)

Tetris on PSP Minis came first; the PS3 version was released a little over a year later.

To answer the question Sol1dus originally asked, I'd recommend it if you're a Tetris fan. Since it's a Mini, that means it doesn't have multiplayer or any of the nice online features of the PS3 game. It's a purely single-player Tetris game, but with that in mind it offers a wealth of content. Along with traditional Marathon mode, there are also several variations of the Tetris gameplay that add extra flavor and challenge.

Click here for a review from PSP Minis. Also worth noting in that review is that it originally griped about the initial $10 price (which was at the high end of Minis pricing at that time), but I believe it's selling for only $5 now.

Amory

Has there been any console in recent memory that has been as poorly advertised as the Vita? I'm the only one I know that's even heard of it, let alone actually owning one. Apart from a few commercials at launch, I haven't seen Sony get the word out about it at all.

zroid

Banned
Has there been any console in recent memory that has been as poorly advertised as the Vita? I'm the only one I know that's even heard of it, let alone actually owning one. Apart from a few commercials at launch, I haven't seen Sony get the word out about it at all.

I still haven't seen one in the wild lol (not including demo stations of course)

Now I know what Near is for -- it's to prove to you that Vita owners other than yourself actually do exist

Haliela

I still haven't seen one in the wild lol (not including demo stations of course)

Now I know what Near is for -- it's to prove to you that Vita owners other than yourself actually do exist

Well, another issue is that the thing just isn't all that portable. It's really a purse only device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom