• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.O.O.M

given that the base mechanics of P3P are actually enjoyable, i would say that it is. GR is just mediocrity through and through. except for the soundtrack, quite nice that is.

I just absolutely disagree. For me it's the core mechanics of GR plus atmosphere and music etc. that makes it a much better experience than most games.

Different opinions I guess. For me GR is GOTY material

zroid

Banned
GR still makes me sad. It was one of my most anticipated games of the year, long before I owned a Vita. Aaaaaand theennn I played the demo...

Oh boy.

Despite that, I want to give it a fuller chance eventually. $20 or less and I'm on board.

branny

The full version of the game is much better than the demo, but I stopped playing and haven't found the willpower to return to it for some reason. I was in Chapter
. Maybe I'll try again after I finish with KH3D.

Fits perfectly fine in my jeans pockets...
JNCOs?

Trigger

I wish I could just seperate GR's great mechanics from the art/story. I liked the demo, but the story looks duuuuuuuumb.

StuBurns

Banned
It's located in the minis section of the store.
It's not there for me, and it's not on search either.

I've googled it, and some people say it can't be transferred from PS3 either, but there's video of it, so it clearly does work, maybe it's region specific.

Iacobellis

The full version of the game is much better than the demo, but I stopped playing and haven't found the willpower to return to it for some reason. I was in Chapter
. Maybe I'll try again after I finish with KH3D.

JNCOs?

Those were so damn cheesy! I would never be caught wearing a pair, even if it were 1995.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
It's not there for me, and it's not on search either.

I've googled it, and some people say it can't be transferred from PS3 either, but there's video of it, so it clearly does work, maybe it's region specific.

I'm in the US. How about you?

Indeed.

Vita is sorely lacking in games with immersive, absorbing environments.

i thought the only thing stopping the vita from catching on is the lack of handheld centered games that are quick to pick up and play?

so what does the vita need? more immersive console games? or handheld games?

even the haters cant even make up their minds

Dantis

i thought the only thing stopping the vita from catching on is the lack of handheld centered games that are quick to pick up and play?

It just flat out needs more games. As a piece of hardware, it's excellent, but the software library is complete shat. Mine gets used almost exclusively for PSP games, and the only game I actually own is a Japanese copy of P4G.

As long as they can hate, its all right.

Jawmuncher

It just flat out needs more games. As a piece of hardware, it's excellent, but the software library is complete shat. Mine gets used almost exclusively for PSP games, and the only game I actually own is a Japanese copy of P4G.

Still personaly I feel whats availble so far was better than when the 3DS started off.
I was playing RE Mercs for the longest before the good stuff started coming out.

Kyon

Banned

Lol ya'll are running out of things to hate on.

*side eyes 3DS line up for the holidays*
Vita has more games lined up. May not be 3 Mario games (or sell like mario) but still more games and a overall better line up. You honestly can't sit there and say the Vita has no games. All lies

Dantis

Still personaly I feel whats availble so far was better than when the 3DS started off.
I was playing RE Mercs for the longest before the good stuff started coming out.

I've still barely used my 3DS even now, but just because that has a crap lineup doesn't mean that I think the Vita's is good.

Kyon

Banned

People just mention the high sales but forget the 3DS had the SAME struggles it had in the beginning too which resulted in a price cut lol but even though Vita had a better launch line up it still "has no games" I'm just gonna ignore it. This bs keeps getting brought up. People just wanna dog on Sony but seriously who cares! let's play games and stop getting mad over a handheld you will never buy haha

Famassu

The line-up is great for a platform that hasn't even been out on the market for more than six months. It was really frontloaded, so the last couple of months have been quite empty of releases, but we'll be getting our next batch of games within the next 2-3 months, a lot of them. Just because you have such a limited taste in games doesn't mean the line-up is shit.

Kyon

Banned
The line-up is great for a platform that hasn't even been out on the market for more than six months. It was really frontloaded, so the last couple of months have been quite empty of releases, but we'll be getting our next batch of games within the next 2-3 months, a lot of them. Just because you have such a limited taste in games doesn't mean the line-up is shit.

. This too. Just because you personally don't like those games doesn't mean everyone else has your opinion that the line up is shit. It won't stop the games from coming. If they don't appeal to you that's on you. There are LOTS of games coming. Wonder what the excuse will be to hate on it then. Actual Vita owners should be complaining about the price of the memory cards :p

Completely shat???? Lol. Gotta love hyperbole.

I have 11 retail games and only mod nation is shat. Add the psp , mini and psn games I already have more games on this system that I had bought on my Xbox I'd say. It's had one of the best launch line ups ever. Sure it needs more games but it's in it's launch window and the summer drought. It's line up is amazing considering this.

Always amuses me when people say stuff like this. I have no interest in hardly anything on 3 ds but that doesn't mean it's line up is Crap, just it's not to my taste. It's a shame as I'd love to get one as well but there's nothing on it I want to play.

What people saying that the Vita has more games than the 3DS (at that point after launch?) had don't get is that it apparently matters a lot if you have content that is exlusively and expressively made for that handheld. Super Mario 3D Land fucking SCREAMS "I am made solely for this handheld, BUY THIS THING" and I'd guess that message was pretty successful. Do you really think that Call of Duty: Whatever PSV Edition will even come close to that kind of effect?

Kyon

Banned
Look at the console and handheld line ups for summer almost every year. About 1-2 major games out and thats it lol idk why ppl are complaining when no one else "has games" this summer.

EDIT: Just downloaded Motorstorm hope its good :D

What people saying that the Vita has more games than the 3DS (at that point after launch?) had don't get is that it apparently matters a lot if you have content that is exlusively and expressively made for that handheld. Super Mario 3D Land fucking SCREAMS "I am made solely for this handheld, BUY THIS THING" and I'd guess that message was pretty successful. Do you really think that Call of Duty: Whatever PSV Edition will even come close to that kind of effect?

No.It sold because its MARIO. Let's not

Just about ok. It's the terrible frame rate that ruins it. Some races go into slide show mode and it's basically unplayable like that.

I think the game would be fun if it wasn't for that but I can't bring myself to play it In its current state

I really hope LBPK makes it way onto the vita, beta is better than Modnation what Ive played so far.

Sony just don't have brands like mario so this doesn't happen on any line up.

I still think they need to target there audience better. People like me. Gamers who want all kinds of gaming experience without hogging the tv. Being married and a busy life I can't restrict myself to gaming just when tv is free. Vita is the perfect solution.

Sony bases there sales over having a large library of quality games. It's always been there method. Nintendo base it off there very popular first party ip's. Sonys strategy takes longer to achieve.

Its Mario man, it will sell on any kind of nintendo console. That game doesnt scream its specially made for a handheld, update the graphics and easily couldve been a console game.

Sid

Bring a new gt and gow to vita and the system would sell a ton more than what it's doing now,i love the current vita lineup though plenty of games to buy

Its Mario man, it will sell on any kind of nintendo console. That game doesnt scream its specially made for a handheld, update the graphics and easily couldve been a console game.
True

mshlive

I've had my Vita for about a month and I've already put more time into it than my ambassador 3DS!

To compare my games libraries...

3DS: Zelda: OoT, Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 & my Ambassador titles.

PSVita: Uncharted: GA, Metal Gear Solid HD, Asphalt Injection, ModNation Racers, Motorstorm RC, Mutant Blobs Attack, Plants vs Zombies, Super Stardust.

Massively different target markets right there, and I still want to get Starfox & Kingdom Hearts for 3DS, Gravity Rush, Rayman, Wipeout & Puddle for Vita.

I'm certainly not lacking games, if we're having this conversation in 12 months time then let's begin to worry.

Your point makes sense if you know that you won't use the console for a long time but consider that a PSVita redesign with a proper price drop is probably a year away.
It's pretty much clear (based on the latest fiscal results) that for the time being Sony will only do bundles with 4GB memory card+ first party game at 249$.
An interesting time to sell the Vita will be around E3 next year, especially if rumors about a redesign including new features like a 3D screen will begin to surface.
About the games.....we know that they can be announced/released at any time. Right now we're in the post launch summer drought, it would make sense to wait to see what they have in store for Gamescom/TGS.
But I guess that I'm just against selling systems, I still have my Gamecube :p The way I buy things is that I simply don't buy a product until I know I'm truly interested in it.
People debating about selling the system right now probably should have waited to buy one in first place.
A year? Maybe three... There is no reason to redesign the Vita - the system design is as good as they can make it. Once component prices come down sufficiently that a redesign will result in significant savings on the manufacturing end, Sony will do a rebuild a la PSP 2000, but that's not going to happen for a while...

As for a price drop in the first year of Vita's life, that's not how Sony has worked historically, so I don't know why anyone would believe they're entertaining the idea now... Hell, they won't even include a 4GB memory card with their AC and Madden bundles, and people expect a PRICE DROP? Dreaming in Technicolor™. Just because Nintendo did it doesn't mean Sony will; in fact, it is more likely to mean the opposite, as Sony still revile Nintendo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom