• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuchaShaq

Banned
It just flat out needs more games. As a piece of hardware, it's excellent, but the software library is complete shat. Mine gets used almost exclusively for PSP games, and the only game I actually own is a Japanese copy of P4G.

As much as I want one for p4ga and possibly Assassins creed, I think the last second ram cut, the fucked ergonomics for anyone with above average sized hands, and memory situation makes the hardware much less than excellent.

Dantis

As much as I want one for p4ga and possibly Assassins creed, I think the last second ram cut, the fucked ergonomics for anyone with above average sized hands, and memory situation makes the hardware much less than excellent.

I disagree. Compared to the turd that is the 3DS, it's glorious. The memory situation is outrageous, but you know... Eh.

Sol1dus

Ugh I'm gone for less than a day an this happens? All this 3DS talk is boring. -.-"

Let's talk about something more exciting, how about Vita's best exclusive? Yup, TOM Blitz.

Famassu

There was no last second ram cut.

And Vita is probably the most comfortable handheld so far, especially for anyone with slightly bigger hands than normal. It's (3)DS that can be uncomfortable to play even for people with normal-sized hands.

Seventy5

Ugh I'm gone for less than a day an this happens? All this 3DS talk is boring. -.-"

Let's talk about something more exciting, how about Vita's best exclusive? Yup, TOM Blitz.
Ugh, that game. I suck at it. How about we talk about Ragnarok? I was ggong to import the Asian version to get it in August, but Amazone now says the US vsersion is out 8/21. That is my most wanted Vita game for this year, cant wait to grind.

Day one owners, do you still have a backlog for Vita? I still have half of MGS 3 and all of 2, still have to plat Uncharted, havent even opened Ridge Racer, and I have Mutant Blobs and a few other PSN games and Monster Hunter and several psp games to get to yet.

Foshy

Ugh, that game. I suck at it. How about we talk about Ragnarok? I was ggong to import the Asian version to get it in August, but Amazone now says the US vsersion is out 8/21. That is my most wanted Vita game for this year, cant wait to grind.

Day one owners, do you still have a backlog for Vita? I still have half of MGS 3 and all of 2, still have to plat Uncharted, havent even opened Ridge Racer, and I have Mutant Blobs and a few other PSN games and Monster Hunter and several psp games to get to yet.

Halfway through my second playthrough of Uncharted (on hard), have to get to Level 50 in Wipeout and Lumines and I haven't really started Escape Plan and Stardrone yet.

RpgN

Yopis said:
Whats up Vita gaf what have you guys been playing? Been running Wipeout and MGS myself.

As far as Vita goes I've been quiet and offline for the last few days. I can't really play much at the moment before the 32 memory card arrives. Since it's still not here yet, I've sent the store a one angry e-mail and they returned the money straight according to paypal. I'm going to buy an overpriced one in the shops next week and can continue playing on the Vita then. In the meantime I've been playing Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PS1/PSP) and Yoshi's Island (GBA/3DS). Blood Omen is awesome. Yoshi's Island is good too and has brilliant levels, but I don't like how long the levels and the game is and just want to finish it already.

I want to play Mutant Blobs Attack and Unit-13 when the memory card arrives.

Ehh as soon as I finish UGA, NGS, DW, W2048, Unit 13 i'll be done with releases up to may :) Then GR and MGS

I blame Namco and God Eater - this thing consumes half my vita play time ;)

zroid

Banned
And Vita is probably the most comfortable handheld so far, especially for anyone with slightly bigger hands than normal. It's (3)DS that can be uncomfortable to play even for people with normal-sized hands.

I'm the opposite, haha. I have pretty small hands which make the Vita a nightmare to hold. 3DS is perfectly sized for me.

Famassu

I've platinumed Motorstorm RC & Gravity Rush, on the last season of Wipeout 2048 (but not done much else), 100%'d Mutant Blob Attacks, about 50% done with Rayman Origins' trophies, still sucking bad in Lumines Electronic Symphony, about half-way through Unit 13, just in the beginning of Little Big Planet Vita, done a few days of some brain training in Smart As...

I've still to even begin Virtua Tennis 4 & BlazBlu.

RpgN

I'm the opposite, haha. I have pretty small hands which make the Vita a nightmare to hold. 3DS is perfectly sized for me.

The 3DS does feel comfortable for the most part...until you start touching that d-pad for too long, then it becomes a nightmare. That was a big mistake, I don't understand how Nintendo could have done a mistake like that.

The Vita feels very VERY comfortable to hold imo. It's only the triggers that aren't 100% ideal and could have been better.

zroid

Banned
The 3DS does feel comfortable for the most part...until you start touching that d-pad for too long, then it becomes a nightmare. That was a big mistake, I don't understand how Nintendo could have done a mistake like that.

yeah I don't even use the control pad usually, outside of menus. the circle pad works fine.

it's almost comical how much I struggle to find a comfortable position to hold the Vita. A couple days ago I worked out something adequate, but it requires me to use the middles of my fingers to press the trigger buttons, which is pretty annoying.

It's tough being the apparently one guy in the world who isn't in love with the Vita's form factor :(

Sol1dus

Definitely excited about Ragnarok. And I'm just messing, though TOM Blitz is a great pick up and play game.

I still have Wipeout, which came with my Vita, to beat. Modnation Racers, believe it or not, was probably my most played game. Though now I think its Gravity Rush.

I gotta say, at first I hated the combat in G.Rush. But when you start upgrading stuff to the max, combat starts to be more smooth.

Tratorn

So, since planetaxel.com is dead (R.I.P :( ) I need a new US-shop that ships to EU/Germany. Any suggestions?

Should be cheap and fast if possible. ;)

Sol1dus

I've platinumed Motorstorm RC & Gravity Rush, on the last season of Wipeout 2048 (but not done much else), 100%'d Mutant Blob Attacks, about 50% done with Rayman Origins' trophies, still sucking bad in Lumines Electronic Symphony, about half-way through Unit 13, just in the beginning of Little Big Planet Vita, done a few days of some brain training in Smart As...

I've still to even begin Virtua Tennis 4 & BlazBlu.

GTFO. Don't you know? The Vita has no gaems.

So, since planetaxel.com is dead (R.I.P :( ) I need a new US-shop that ships to EU/Germany. Any suggestions?

Well, there is VG+. They will deliver things on time. but it's not really cheap except for the favorable conversion rate. I haven't used them myself ever since they leaked my password and didn't bother telling me about it.

National Console Support are also reliable, but not cheap. If anyone else have better alternatives I'm very interested in hearing about them too.

Tratorn

Well, there is VG+. They will deliver things on time. but it's not really cheap except for the favorable conversion rate. I haven't used them myself ever since they leaked my password and didn't bother telling me about it.

National Console Support are also reliable, but not cheap. If anyone else have better alternatives I'm very interested in hearing about them too.

Hm, NCS doesn't have any PSVita-games. :/
And the thing about VG+ doesn't really sound good, but thanks anyways.

Hope there are some other alternatives.

Haliela

Couple questions....

1) How are y'all putting this thing in your pockets without the analog nubbins getting damaged? Seems like they'd take a lot of wear and tear sliding around in a pocket.

2) Anyone have that Nyko Power Grip? Thoughts? Doesn't it make the handheld an unwieldy beast? I kind of want one for the battery, but what's the point of a large battery if it can't even leave the house due to its now massive size?

1) How are y'all putting this thing in your pockets without the analog nubbins getting damaged? Seems like they'd take a lot of wear and tear sliding around in a pocket.
I don't think I've ever put a handheld system in one of my pockets. I would use a bag or a suitcase if I wanted to carry it somewhere.

Famassu

Cduniverse.com/Gamesuniverse.com has been problem free for me (have imported stuff from them to Finland). And other than the bad handling of the site hacking, VideoGamesPlus has always had wonderful service, although cancelling (pre-)orders from them isn't as easy as a press of a button (you have to send them e-mail if you want to cancel)

Lol ya'll are running out of things to hate on.

*side eyes 3DS line up for the holidays*
Vita has more games lined up. May not be 3 Mario games (or sell like mario) but still more games and a overall better line up. You honestly can't sit there and say the Vita has no games. All lies

Well, that's subjective, really. I'm looking forward to NSMB2, Paper Mario:SS, Luigi Mansion: Dark Moon, Adventure Time, Castlevania and Epic Mickey Power of Illusion as much as I'm looking forward to Persona 4: The Golden, SFxT, AC:Liberation and Little Big Planet Vita.

*i can't include NFS, CoD, Lego LoR in the list, because we have 0 footage/gameplay trailer - where as every game above has had some form of gameplay revealed.

But to say some games are better or a certain list is definitive, boils down to preference. I may love Frogger (I really don't like Frogger*), while another would rather infinitely play Bomberman or something.

Rasec

Sorry for the delay in asnwering, been a little sick lately.

I'm so glad I went back to see the pics you posted because they're awesome. That's a sticker on the back, right?
Thanks ^^. I made them in the gelaskin site. I think it's called a vynil decal but yeah it's a sticker, a really resistant one.

Sorry about that. Took a look at them, very nice. But more generally, Welcome! to the thread. ^_^ make sure you get in on some GAF Vita chat.
Can't really answer your RO question, I'm just hoping for a relatively soon version to come out in the West.

Thanks a lot, this thread made me go for the vita and get some cool info about the games. I'll try to come here regularly.
Well, my fear is that europe won't get some ragnarok love. i just hope xseed announces it, also im waiting for ages for their black rock shooter game release on the psp.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
General consensus on MLB The Show? Amazon has it for $20 today, and I'm thinking about grabbing it, even though I dont think I've ever bought a baseball game, lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
General consensus on MLB The Show? Amazon has it for $20 today, and I'm thinking about grabbing it, even though I dont think I've ever bought a baseball game, lol.

The graphics are definitely not good. Looks like an up-rezzed PSP version. Gameplay is fine, though.

There are much better Vita games out there.

LuchaShaq

Banned
There was no last second ram cut.

Both the 3ds and the vita both hurt my hands more in 15 minutes of play than hours of using a jack hammer/hours of digging it's fucking insane. I don't think sony has ever made something that isn't an ergonomic disaster.

I was under the impression due to a thread pre release on here that there was a late stage ram cut and that was a big reason why uncharted/wipeout have fucked frame rates.

Sid

Both the 3ds and the vita both hurt my hands more in 15 minutes of play than hours of using a jack hammer/hours of digging it's fucking insane. I don't think sony has ever made something that isn't an ergonomic disaster.

I was under the impression due to a thread pre release on here that there was a late stage ram cut and that was a big reason why uncharted/wipeout have fucked frame rates.

There wasn't any ram cut though i think both wipeout & uc have good enough framerate but vita is a new platform so games would definitely be more optimised for it as time goes on

Guys, I'm playing gravity rush and loving it but I'm scared to beat it because of the major lack of games ahead of us :(
Man you guys must have a lot of time on your hands then because even when I finish GR, i still have the following to finish/start:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Unit 13
Wipeout
Mortal Kombat

Don't even get me started on all the psp titles AND psx (when its added of course)

So yeah, I'm good for like the rest of the year... At least!

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The 3DS makes my hands hurt too, but I suppose I've been lucky, because I find the Vita the most comfortable handheld I've used since the original GBA. Have you tried putting a grip on the thing?

Sid

I know but I really am not looking forward to seeing this beauty collect dust again

What will be your next vita purchase?for me it's lbp vita which is coming up in around a month and a half and currently am playing virtua tennis 4 & wipeout 2048

Famassu

I know but I really am not looking forward to seeing this beauty collect dust again
Why would it be collecting dust? From Ragnarok Odyssey'ss release onwards, the next 2-3 months for Vita will be absolutely crazy (or well, at least October will be).

Vita isn't an ergonomic disaster. My hands rest perfectly naturally on it, don't know what kind of freaky hands you have that they start to hurt that much after such a short period of playing.

That was just some BS rumor/misunderstanding.

What will be your next vita purchase?for me it's lbp vita which is coming up in around a month and a half and currently am playing virtua tennis 4 & wipeout 2048

Little big planet for sure, ps battle royal (if Sony has come combo deal with ps3 version), and ass creed liberation are all I can think of for the rest of this year

Sid

Little big planet for sure, ps battle royal (if Sony has come combo deal with ps3 version), and ass creed liberation are all I can think of for the rest of this year

Cod will be shown at gamescom...so wait till then before forming your final lineup?maybe there will be a few new reveals/announcements and yeah there is a very high chance sony will do a bundle deal for all stars and get games with high replay value like mortal kombat,virtua tennis,wipeout 2048 along with the dlc if you don't want to put the vita down

Kyon

Banned
Guys, I'm playing gravity rush and loving it but I'm scared to beat it because of the major lack of games ahead of us :(

I c
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

spats

That reminded me that I bought the Gravity Rush maid pack when it came out but haven't played it yet.

Kat in a maid costume uguu~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom