• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezae

I'm just guessing here but I think if you are willing to do a bit of finagling you can get you digital saves working with the retail copy

1. Back up your digital copy to a PC and snag the save data via the first half of the process described here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39681435&postcount=18456
2. With the digital save now stored safely on your PC (somewhere not in the Content Manager folder), delete the bubble from your vita and let the retail cartridge install its bubble
3. Create a save game with the retail cartridge (not sure if this is necessary), then backup the new (retail) bubble to your pc
4. On the pc use the second half of the instructions from the link above to copy your digital save over the save of the retail bubble
5. Now restore the backup onto the vita and your original save games will probably work!?

Awesome info. Unfortunately in my situation, Mortal Kombat saves directly to the cartridge so I don't see any way to switch the save file around since I can't back up the cartridge save.

The new PS3 collections announced today makes me annoyed the Vita isn't getting similar treatment. Would it kill Sony to give us some PSP games packaged together, add some trophies, maybe a behind the scenes video and a small graphical pass. Heck just add trophies and let me reap the rewards of a physical release to spare my memory card

Make it part of the same "collections" line to save marketing costs. Does SCEA really dislike the vita that much? Poor Vita :(

::pats vita:: It's okay baby, we got some sound shapes coming Tuesday

The new PS3 collections announced today makes me annoyed the Vita isn't getting similar treatment. Would it kill Sony to give us some PSP games packaged together, add some trophies, maybe a behind the scenes video and a small graphical pass. Heck just add trophies and let me reap the rewards of a physical release to spare my memory card

I'd bet on PSP collections in the future, actually.

dexterslu

Make it part of the same "collections" line to save marketing costs. Does SCEA really dislike the vita that much? Poor Vita :(

I think PSP collections are inevitable, I just wish we were getting the re-released PS2 games too. Would be awesome to have the God of Wars, Ratchet, Sly etc on the Vita.

Dont tease me with Sound shapes, still have to wait another 9 days. :/

|ync

Awesome info. Unfortunately in my situation, Mortal Kombat saves directly to the cartridge so I don't see any way to switch the save file around since I can't back up the cartridge save.

Oh shitty, didn't know it was a cartridge save.

garath

Now that I've preordered Ragnarock Odyssey I can't wait for it to come out. The preview videos I've seen for it look awesome. All my vita time has been with Puzzle Quest lately :(

got mortal kombat last friday. wow... every fighter needs single player content this good. At the very least a story mode this awesome. Loving this game so far. I will play it online at somepoint but I still have the story mode to finish yet and then there is all the tower stuff and arcade mode.

Only time the graphics look dodgey is the close ups before the fight starts which Is fine by me. While actually playing and the cut scenes they look great.

Whats the online like? not full of quitters like UMvC3 is it? This thing is actually making me get back into fighters again which I havnt been into for like 6-7 years.

got mortal kombat last friday. wow... every fighter needs single player content this good. At the very least a story mode this awesome. Loving this game so far. I will play it online at somepoint but I still have the story mode to finish yet and then there is all the tower stuff and arcade mode.

Only time the graphics look dodgey is the close ups before the fight starts which Is fine by me. While actually playing and the cut scenes they look great.

Whats the online like? not full of quitters like UMvC3 is it? This thing is actually making me get back into fighters again which I havnt been into for like 6-7 years.

I ran into quite a few rage quitters, unfortunately. Seems to happen more on a portable game than on the home releases.

I've experienced it more than just about anyone based on the amount of matches I play on the Vita. It's mostly a ranked thing.

It's pretty easy to remember who rage quits, or what their records look like. After beating them once or twice, I just refuse to play them any longer.

I used to pick QUICK MATCH for ranked, but have gotten way more success just making a match and waiting

Ponn

Banned
I ran into quite a few rage quitters, unfortunately. Seems to happen more on a portable game than on the home releases.

I've probably lost like 10 matches, no wins. Never rage quitted. Same with UMvsC3, I suck at fighting games but I appreciate I can get others closer to earning trophies. I have to say I also appreciate, especially with voice chat in MK no one has yet been dickish about kicking my ass.

If you are just trying to get matches, player lobby is really the way to go. Much less quitting in there.

If you are trying to get trophies I'm sure it can be frustrating. Apparently that is one of the rationales for quitting.

I've probably had close to 500 ranked rage quits on me. I laugh about it most of the time

Hanmik

Hey guys.. Just a few questions for a vita newbie.

I have a 4gb and a 16gb card.. Is it possible to copy some of the saves from one card to another..?

Can you backup some games from one card and import them to the other card without any hassle..?

jondy1703

Neo Member
Quite sad that I've been playing my PSP more than my Vita. Playing my way through Birth by Sleep since I never played it back when it came out. I wish it was available on PSN, I'm sure it'd look beautiful.

Oh well.

Sony really needs to pull this out. I think they should announce a worldwide price drop at TGS and hammer home some of the fall releases they're going to have.

Hey guys.. Just a few questions for a vita newbie.

I have a 4gb and a 16gb card.. Is it possible to copy some of the saves from one card to another..?

Can you backup some games from one card and import them to the other card without any hassle..?

So long as you have the space on your card, yes, I believe you should just be able to back up off 1 card and restore to the other.

Vossler

Got some time in with the Vita this weekend. LOVE the screen, and playing mgs2 on the go was awesome. I think now I'll be able to platinum it, and 3, for sure. After them, heading into gravity rush and virtua tennis, then uncharted/shinobido. SO MUCH TO PLAY!

arimanius

Got some time in with the Vita this weekend. LOVE the screen, and playing mgs2 on the go was awesome. I think now I'll be able to platinum it, and 3, for sure. After them, heading into gravity rush and virtua tennis, then uncharted/shinobido. SO MUCH TO PLAY!

I'm still trying to hold off buying MGS HD until there's a price drop, but it's getting tough. Plus I have such a huge backlog of games I need to finish up.

Every time someone mentions the Vita doesn't have any games I chuckle.

If you are just trying to get matches, player lobby is really the way to go. Much less quitting in there.

If you are trying to get trophies I'm sure it can be frustrating. Apparently that is one of the rationales for quitting.

I've probably had close to 500 ranked rage quits on me. I laugh about it most of the time

Shame. I wish they didn't bother with online trophies. Prob the biggest reason for the quitters. What happened to playing fighters just for the fun / challenge.

Shame. I wish they didn't bother with online trophies. Prob the biggest reason for the quitters. What happened to playing fighters just for the fun / challenge.

That's the biggest "excuse" I've received. I don't understand it personally. Why would you want people to think you are good, until they actually play you and prove otherwise?

Online trophies are one of my biggest gripes in any game. Unless they do it like Uncharted 2, which is basically just "play an online game"

August 6.

August 6 and not even a hint at when the PS1 support patch is coming. Oh Sony, why do I fall for your lies?

Still a month left, sure...but I'm calling it now...the patch will late by some months and by the time it does come along, I simply won't care as the big console hitters will in full swing.

pottuvoi

Banned
There should be online trophy designed entirely for rage quitters..
Rage quit 50 times and online trophies get reseted and get additional trophy 'rage quitter' -500 points.

August 6.

August 6 and not even a hint at when the PS1 support patch is coming. Oh Sony, why do I fall for your lies?

Still a month left, sure...but I'm calling it now...the patch will late by some months and by the time it does come along, I simply won't care as the big console hitters will in full swing.

Didnt Sony say summer 2012? Its still summer 2012 and itll still be summer 2012 in september lol.

Sony will probably squeeze PSone support out before the end of the month but the compatibility list will make the original PSP and Minis list seem amazing

God help them if Breath of Fire IV isn't available day one. God help them... to delete all my angry tweets :(

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Sony will probably squeeze PSone support out before the end of the month but the compatibility list will make the original PSP and Minis list seem amazing

God help them if Breath of Fire IV isn't available day one. God help them... to delete all my angry tweets :(
I'm positive Breath of Fire IV is their top priority.

I really want it too. I was playing it on my PSP before I sold it, and I'd like to pick the game back up.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

I wouldn't hold my breath. From what I saw at E3 Day One games are FF7, Jet Moto, and Tomb Raider. I'm sure it'll include more (I heard 12 at launch), but BoF4 is unlikely to make the D1 cut.

I wouldn't hold my breath. From what I saw at E3 Day One games are FF7, Jet Moto, and Tomb Raider. I'm sure it'll include more (I heard 12 at launch), but BoF4 is unlikely to make the D1 cut.

Weren't those just the ones playable on the show floor? I mean, haven't there been conflicting reports on which ones will be available vs the whole library? I didn't think we got an exact answer from Sony.

Gravijah

I'm positive Breath of Fire IV is their top priority.

I really want it too. I was playing it on my PSP before I sold it, and I'd like to pick the game back up.

i've got so many PSX games i need to play & replay. PSX BC is the killer app.

August 6.

gamescom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom