• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

4 gig. So far all i've got saved is Legend of Heroes TitS, Killzone Liberation, Pursuit Force, and some trailers. Gravity Rush and Mortal Kombat are physical.

Hobohodo

Any of you guys played MGS HD Collection on the Vita? I'm playing MGS2 at the moment and I'm finding that some of the things that I can do when playing it on the PS3 can't be done on the Vita, such as equiping/unequiping weapons when pressed against a wall. I also find that once I have peaked around a corner if I start pressing in the other direction to wallhug away from the corner all snake does is crane his neck in that direction. So are there any Vita specific ways to do these things or are they just impossible for some reason?

Vossler

Any of you guys played MGS HD Collection on the Vita? I'm playing MGS2 at the moment and I'm finding that some of the things that I can do when playing it on the PS3 can't be done on the Vita, such as equiping/unequiping weapons when pressed against a wall. I also find that once I have peaked around a corner if I start pressing in the other direction to wallhug away from the corner all snake does is crane his neck in that direction. So are there any Vita specific ways to do these things or are they just impossible for some reason?

I've been trying to find control specifics as well, if anybody has some insight.

Can't believe that Growlanser is not in the store, seriously the game works on Vita since day one, it is that hard to put another game into the store?

I think that some if the delay in loading new PSP games to the Vita store comes from formatting the instruction manual into a manner that works on the Vita. All of the PSP games I downloaded from the Vita store have instruction manuals available from their home screens. But Growlanser does not as it's only transferable via PS3.

Again, this is just my best guess. Hopefully Growlanser will show up next for my Vita brethren who don't own a PS3.

EU PSN sale update

looks like ill finally be picking up mgs for when ps1 hits vita and maybe stardrone, anyone knows what stardrone is like?

Source

MGS1 Sale!?
WHAT THE FUCK!?
I'VE BEEN WAITING IN THE US FOR THIS SINCE IT CAME OUT AND EU GETS IT.
FUCK THIS I QUIT.
*jumps on Vita and flies out of the thread*

Sol1dus

I think that some if the delay in loading new PSP games to the Vita store comes from formatting the instruction manual into a manner that works on the Vita. All of the PSP games I downloaded from the Vita store have instruction manuals available from their home screens. But Growlanser does not as it's only transferable via PS3.

Again, this is just my best guess. Hopefully Growlanser will show up next for my Vita brethren who don't own a PS3.

I'm pretty sure they do it to make sure there aren't games that can't be exploited for hacking. By slowin down releases they can act quickly against any game that might pose a problem.

I'm pretty sure they do it to make sure there aren't games that can't be exploited for hacking. By slowin down releases they can act quickly against any game that might pose a problem.

Yeah, that's most likely the biggest factor. Just like Hot Shots Tennis & Resistance Retribution were immediately removed from PSN at the Vita's US launch because they had possible exploits. But were just added back within the last month or two.

But still, that makes me wonder why some PSP games are transferable via PS3, but won't show up on the full fledged Vita store.

I just have to say...this is impressive as hell.

ZUrkC.jpg

Hopefully they will release a demo for it. I think some people will have to play it to see how it feels before they are totally sold on it. Try to imagine the blob from Mutant Blobs Attack with a faster jump and the ability to stick to certain surfaces.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Hopefully they will release a demo for it. I think some people will have to play it to see how it feels before they are totally sold on it. Try to imagine the blob from Mutant Blobs Attack with a faster jump and the ability to stick to certain surfaces.
Mutant Blobs is actually a great comparison in terms of the platforming.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
It might sound crazy, but I'm torn between buying Sound Shapes or Escape Plan.

I have played only a couple levels of SS and I absolutely recommend it. EP has more content and I liked it quite a bit too, but SS feels like a more "special" game.

Great stuff.

StuBurns

Banned
I was really disappointed with EP, it has nice presentation, but it's controls are pretty bad, and it's just too slow. It's bad in puzzle games when you know the solution, but you struggle to input it, or it's boring to see play out because it takes longer than it should.

Not played SS at all.

I need to wait for pay day to get Sound Shapes. Christ it's kind of big, hmm... I might actually delete stuff off my puny 8gb stick just to fit it. I barely play Motorstorm and that was free so :\

970 mb just seems REALLY big for quite a simple digital game, but it looks really good. I've been waiting for it for much too long, I was pretty upset when they delayed it to clearly port it to PS3 (which made no sense, it was made for Vita), so I'm going to be jumping at it asap.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
If you have a good or even decent headphone(open air ones are better)play Sound Shapes with it.the audio quality is much better with the headphone than Vita's speakers.

it's really a shame and a total waste that Sony didn't put a Dolby headphone/mobile chip inside the damn thing.

Sol1dus

Man, those tracks by Superbrothers are insanely good. Super catchy.

Also, I spent about an hour making a level. When I went to publish it it keeps failing. Probably my lousy connection. Hopefully I can upload it from my uncle's house tomorrow. If and when it goes up, I'd appreciate any feedback on it as its still a work in progress.

I don't generally like platformers that much these days, but Sound Shapes is really winning me over. The music is fantastic and when I miss a note, I kick myself because I want to hear how it would've changed the song. Some of these levels are really tricky though (and/or I just suck at Sound Shapes)!

Eusis

Can't believe that Growlanser is not in the store, seriously the game works on Vita since day one, it is that hard to put another game into the store?
I was afraid they'd do that, but what baffles me more is that HAKUOKI isn't there. I thought the games that were transfer only at the system's launch were something of a fluke, but now it looks like SCEA has a serious coordination problem instead.

Hyuga

Banned
It might sound crazy, but I'm torn between buying Sound Shapes or Escape Plan.

I have Escape Plan and I love it.
It's funny and you can play it nearly everywhere (because the "levels" don't take too long to beat)

But I hear nothing but very good stuff about Sound Shapes :)

I was afraid they'd do that, but what baffles me more is that HAKUOKI isn't there. I thought the games that were transfer only at the system's launch were something of a fluke, but now it looks like SCEA has a serious coordination problem instead.
Wow, didn't realize that Hakuoki was still missing from the Vita store. That seems pretty messed up, considering the fact that Gungnir and Unchained Blades came out months after Hakuoki, and they're in the storefront now. I feel bad for Aksys.

fernoca

To those across different states in the US, today (the 7th) is the last day of Mortal Kombat for $10 at Gamestop. So, if your store is still open; you still have some time. :p

Sooooo I'm guessing if you lose a PSVita Gamecart you're officially ass out? I was thinking about contacting Sony and possibly figuring out if they'll let me get a digital copy of the game but I doubt it...I lost Uncharted and I know damn well I'm not replacing it at 50$ right now lol. Anyway else been through this yet? I guess I'm officially going digital from now on.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Sooooo I'm guessing if you lose a PSVita Gamecart you're officially ass out? I was thinking about contacting Sony and possibly figuring out if they'll let me get a digital copy of the game but I doubt it...I lost Uncharted and I know damn well I'm not replacing it at 50$ right now lol. Anyway else been through this yet? I guess I'm officially going digital from now on.
Yeah, your only option is to replace it, and I imagine Sony is going to respond to the fact that you lost your game the same way any other company would, which is to say that nothing's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom